Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:27:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Winding up petition HMRC  (Read 4049 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Winding up petition HMRC
« Reply #30 on June 23, 2023, 12:24:13 pm by dickos1 »
Seems to me like there are two people on this thread doing their best to be as negative as they can towards the club, but failing miserably

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 23, 2023, 12:28:16 pm by silent majority »
Seems to me like there are two people on this thread doing their best to be as negative as they can towards the club, but failing miserably

They say a leopard never changes its spots, in this case posters adopt the same position they always do even if they register under a different name. #pathetic

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 23, 2023, 12:46:13 pm by ian1980 »
If you deal with HMRC on a regular basis, you'll know what a f**king nightmare they have become. They are chronically short staffed and trying to speak to anyone who knows anything is like trying to get an audience with the Pope.

Absolutely this. I do the finances for our company and having to deal with HMRC is an absolute nightmare.

Bane of my live when I have to ring them

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 23, 2023, 12:55:16 pm by TheFunk »
At work we recently received a reply to our letter from HMRC. The reply said that they hope to give a full reply before September 2024!!!!

They are short staffed by thousands. Last year an HMRC employee apologised for how long the system was taking as they are still using Windows XP.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 23, 2023, 12:57:59 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It seems some posters want to ignore those of us who deal with HMRC frequently in our businesses with this kind of stuff.

Some just don't want to accept the truth unfortunately.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 23, 2023, 01:25:32 pm by ForsolongaRover »
It is interesting that when this happens to other clubs, no one on here springs to their defence.

This thread is an example of speculation about facts which could be clarified by a simple statement by the club. SM could ask the club rather than pitching in without seemingly having sought an official statement. Presumably members of the Shadow Board also have appropriate access.

Where the fault lies is not a matter that is decided by a majority vote on here. HMRC is probably less popular than Boris.

People may not believe me, but I would be pleased to learn that no fault lies with the club.

I did not think that alternative opinions were forbidden.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 23, 2023, 01:27:43 pm by TonySoprano »
It's becoming a regular occurrence this, how anyone can describe the FD as being excellent is simply laughable.

This just shows what's important to certain people and how much 'fun' they seem to have with perverting the actual situation at the club.

Personally I'd rather support the FD who balances the books and finds the funds to ensure that DRFC supporters can have some of the cheapest season tickets in the whole of the EFL, and at a time that the playing budget has been increased substantially. If that's laughable then I'm more than happy to support the FD that delivers something that has true value, rather than adopt a childish position like you do.

If you say so fella, I personally prefer to step back and look at the bigger picture, instead if being another sycophant.
But you do you, and I'll take solace in knowing this board and the views on it are but a tiny fraction of the fan base.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 23, 2023, 01:32:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It is interesting that when this happens to other clubs, no one on here springs to their defence.

This thread is an example of speculation about facts which could be clarified by a simple statement by the club. SM could ask the club rather than pitching in without seemingly having sought an official statement. Presumably members of the Shadow Board also have appropriate access.

Where the fault lies is not a matter that is decided by a majority vote on here. HMRC is probably less popular than Boris.

People may not believe me, but I would be pleased to learn that no fault lies with the club.

You're choosing to ignore facts and offering an alternative opinion.

Which other clubs were issued with Winding up petitions in recent history?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 23, 2023, 01:35:26 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Hello, it seems your original facts (because in your first post you knew exactly who was to blame and why) has now suddenly become mere speculation!

And then not only that, but it's also somebody else's fault that you were spouting that BS!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 23, 2023, 01:35:44 pm by silent majority »
It's becoming a regular occurrence this, how anyone can describe the FD as being excellent is simply laughable.

This just shows what's important to certain people and how much 'fun' they seem to have with perverting the actual situation at the club.

Personally I'd rather support the FD who balances the books and finds the funds to ensure that DRFC supporters can have some of the cheapest season tickets in the whole of the EFL, and at a time that the playing budget has been increased substantially. If that's laughable then I'm more than happy to support the FD that delivers something that has true value, rather than adopt a childish position like you do.

If you say so fella, I personally prefer to step back and look at the bigger picture, instead if being another sycophant.
But you do you, and I'll take solace in knowing this board and the views on it are but a tiny fraction of the fan base.

Taking a step back and looking at the big picture is another way of saying I don't speak to the club and I have no idea what's going on! Jog on!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 23, 2023, 01:37:41 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

And I take an even greater amount of solace that you're but a miniscule fraction of this board and the views on it..

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 23, 2023, 01:45:57 pm by ChrisBx »
I've worked for a couple of public sector organisations (not HMRC) and they are consistently rubbish at pretty much everything. If HMRC are anything similar, they'll have poor staff numbers, inadequate IT, and bloated and inefficient processes.

I imagine this happens with other clubs that we don't follow closely enough to notice.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 23, 2023, 02:09:35 pm by Dagenham Rover »

s

You are quite obviously ignoring the fact the club made a statement immediately that  Drfc do not owe Hmrc any monies  try looking at the facts!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 23, 2023, 02:21:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Strange when everyone, including the press, the club, fans with first hand experience of dealing with HMRC, our own fans representative who has direct contact with our Finance Director, ALL assure us it’s an error and there's nothing to worry about, yet it seems some choose to continue to worry.

It's OK. Nothing bad is going to happen to our beloved football club. There are other things we can turn our attention to. Football!!!!

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 23, 2023, 05:38:56 pm by ForsolongaRover »
If there has been a statement direct from the club on the Official site I must have missed it. All I have seen is the BBC piece. “Doncaster Rovers have told the BBC that an "administrative error" is the explanation for a winding-up petition being lodged by His Majesty's Revenue and Customs [HMRC].”

They do not say it is an error by HMRC.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 23, 2023, 05:40:55 pm by danumdon »
If there has been a statement direct from the club on the Official site I must have missed it. All I have seen is the BBC piece. “Doncaster Rovers have told the BBC that an "administrative error" is the explanation for a winding-up petition being lodged by His Majesty's Revenue and Customs [HMRC].”

Im sure if you keep harping on you can squeeze another page out of this, Jesus!

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 23, 2023, 06:37:47 pm by ForsolongaRover »
The original info seems to be on Twitter from the Radio Sheffield Sports Editor which reads as follows
“Andy Giddings 12:18 pm · 22 Jun 2023
@SportGids1
Understand Doncaster Rovers have been served with a winding up petition by HMRC.
It appears this automatic process follows an 'error' involving the transfer of funds from 1 account to another which I'm assured will be quickly being addressed.”

I am obviously seen as deeply prejudiced, but to me this reads as an error on the part of the club, otherwise they would have surely made a point of absolving themselves.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 23, 2023, 06:48:22 pm by Rovers Return »
 :zzz: Kin Yawn!!!!

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 23, 2023, 06:48:35 pm by Bessie Red »
The original info seems to be on Twitter from the Radio Sheffield Sports Editor which reads as follows
“Andy Giddings 12:18 pm · 22 Jun 2023
@SportGids1
Understand Doncaster Rovers have been served with a winding up petition by HMRC.
It appears this automatic process follows an 'error' involving the transfer of funds from 1 account to another which I'm assured will be quickly being addressed.”

I am obviously seen as deeply prejudiced, but to me this reads as an error on the part of the club, otherwise they would have surely made a point of absolving themselves.
Jesus, no one cares.
Just look forward to the start of an exciting season ahead!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 23, 2023, 06:59:09 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

The club have admitted that they hadn't paid it

So, which one of your weasel words is true then?

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 23, 2023, 08:30:13 pm by ForsolongaRover »
It was seemingly an innocent error by the club and no doubt they have taken steps to ensure it won’t happen again which is good.

I am sorry that delving into the detail has upset so many people.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 23, 2023, 08:42:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It was seemingly an innocent error by the club and no doubt they have taken steps to ensure it won’t happen again which is good.

I am sorry that delving into the detail has upset so many people.

What has upset people isn't you delving into detail, it's you ignoring detail and then making shit up.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 23, 2023, 09:12:09 pm by IDM »
He wouldn’t let it lie, Bob.!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012