Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:57:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Great Yorkshire Post summary of our plight on and off the Pitch  (Read 6891 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Great Yorkshire Post summary of our plight on and off the Pitch
« Reply #90 on March 31, 2023, 01:50:35 pm by ravenrover »
It's just.like all the threads on our budget..... no one actually knows it's all about arguing about opinions

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Gillingham and Crawley, since their new owners arrived have invested heavily.
So that is 2 Clubs that have overtaken us on budget since the start of the season.

So about 10th to 12th now will have been higher in August.
Behind the top 6 budgets I would suggest that there will be very little difference in the next 6 clubs budgets.

In August, Salford, Bradford, Stockport, Swindon, Mansfield & Leyton Orient will be top 6 i suspect. 
Then there will be a group of clubs, Northampton, Wimbledon, Doncaster, Tranmere, Carlisle,Grimsby & Walsall where there was very little difference in budgets in August.

Gillingham definitely now be top 6 and possibly Crawley ( not too sure about how high Crawley would rank ) since their new owners have come in and invested large sums into the Club.

So I would suggest we were very near to a top 7 budget if not having one at the beginning of the season.

Whatever the budget 7th or 12th is no excuse for the drivel we have been served up this last 2 seasons and 2 months since Late January 2021.
Whatever budgets have been almost all of it was frittered away on dross by RW which led to a relegation that wasn’t expected in August 2021 at the start of that season.
We have since recruited better in 2022 but there are missing pieces of the jigsaw.
The major fault though lies in appointing 2 rookie managers in GmS & DS who do not have the experience and tactical acumen to set up a team in League 1 or league 2 to be successful.

Yes the budget may not be where we would like it to be or even expect it to be big any Manager & emphasis the title Manager not Coach worth his salt would have got this group of players performing very much better than what we have seen this season.
With the players we have we should be set up to attack.
We only really saw the capability of this team at Grimsby and at home to Carlisle. The ability is there but DS insistence on playing this formation and style has been sussed by every opposing team.
We are so predictable and easy to play against.

Copps needs to get a grip on this, don’t make excuses of budget and injuries. Most clubs have those same issues.
We need a Manager who is capable of achieving results and providing some modicum of entertainment for or beleaguered fans.

There is no way i see that person being DS.

Camps when did Crawley get new owners from what I can see it’s still the crypto guys
They are the ones I was referring to. They didn’t take over until October I think.  So their budget will have increased from what it was last summer.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Utter twoddle
You think close signed for us on a pittance? Molyneux, Anderson new contract, olowu new contract? Rowe? Miller?

Telford has had one good season and Crawley have some of the smallest gates in the league, no chance at all he’s on 5k a week,
Austin is shortly about to turn 34, no way at all Swindon are paying him 7k a week.
Miller will be on the same as both of them, players like close, molyneux will be on more than all 3 of them
Outside of Salford, Bradford, Stockport how many players in league 2 do you think are on £3.000 or more per week dickos.
Bet there are not 10 players.
Do your Maths. If a club had 15 players on £3.000 per week that is 1.5 million per year + say 8 players on
£1.500 per week that is another £600.000 per year.  Total 2.1 million + All other wages of staff  + all overheads.

16 of the clubs in this league would be insolvent after just 2 seasons with that level of expenditure.

The average player wage in this league will be well under £1.500 per week. I would surmise that the ave Rovers player wage will be around that figure. Only 3/4 of our players will be on £2.500 per week or over, and no one will be on over £3.000. Not even Taylor, Close, Rowe or Anderson. Not even with new contract offered to Anderson.

I have no facts but sure that will be fairly accurate.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
Utter twoddle
You think close signed for us on a pittance? Molyneux, Anderson new contract, olowu new contract? Rowe? Miller?

Telford has had one good season and Crawley have some of the smallest gates in the league, no chance at all he’s on 5k a week,
Austin is shortly about to turn 34, no way at all Swindon are paying him 7k a week.
Miller will be on the same as both of them, players like close, molyneux will be on more than all 3 of them
Austin has played majority of his career in championship and will probs have had offers from league 1 clubs, Telford had a great season last year and again will have probs had league 1 offers and Crawleys owners will have threw a lot of money at him.

I reckon close is our highest paid but a lot of clubs have a clause in the contracts where wages are cut if they are relegated, I’d expect Anderson has took a bit of a pay cut with his injury problems.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 03:24:40 pm by Bailey Vickerage »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on March 31, 2023, 08:23:54 pm by dickos1 »
As people have suggested, neither of us know the facts but to suggest our average weekly wage is £1500 a week is absolute nonsense.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
There's been quite a lot of clubs releasing their annual accounts recently.

Some stick out massively like Stockport who made a loss of over £4m in the national League (nearly twice their income).

Oxford one of our competitors in league 1 last year lost just about £5m and that's with selling players.

The championship is a whole new ball game.  Forest for example made a loss of. £42m in gaining promotion.  Just let that sink in.....

These just a few examples and shows the scale of what you're up against trying to operate at break even. It's impossible.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on March 31, 2023, 09:29:52 pm by roversdude »
Gillingham and Crawley, since their new owners arrived have invested heavily.
So that is 2 Clubs that have overtaken us on budget since the start of the season.

So about 10th to 12th now will have been higher in August.
Behind the top 6 budgets I would suggest that there will be very little difference in the next 6 clubs budgets.

In August, Salford, Bradford, Stockport, Swindon, Mansfield & Leyton Orient will be top 6 i suspect. 
Then there will be a group of clubs, Northampton, Wimbledon, Doncaster, Tranmere, Carlisle,Grimsby & Walsall where there was very little difference in budgets in August.

Gillingham definitely now be top 6 and possibly Crawley ( not too sure about how high Crawley would rank ) since their new owners have come in and invested large sums into the Club.

So I would suggest we were very near to a top 7 budget if not having one at the beginning of the season.

Whatever the budget 7th or 12th is no excuse for the drivel we have been served up this last 2 seasons and 2 months since Late January 2021.
Whatever budgets have been almost all of it was frittered away on dross by RW which led to a relegation that wasn’t expected in August 2021 at the start of that season.
We have since recruited better in 2022 but there are missing pieces of the jigsaw.
The major fault though lies in appointing 2 rookie managers in GmS & DS who do not have the experience and tactical acumen to set up a team in League 1 or league 2 to be successful.

Yes the budget may not be where we would like it to be or even expect it to be big any Manager & emphasis the title Manager not Coach worth his salt would have got this group of players performing very much better than what we have seen this season.
With the players we have we should be set up to attack.
We only really saw the capability of this team at Grimsby and at home to Carlisle. The ability is there but DS insistence on playing this formation and style has been sussed by every opposing team.
We are so predictable and easy to play against.

Copps needs to get a grip on this, don’t make excuses of budget and injuries. Most clubs have those same issues.
We need a Manager who is capable of achieving results and providing some modicum of entertainment for or beleaguered fans.

There is no way i see that person being DS.

Camps when did Crawley get new owners from what I can see it’s still the crypto guys
They are the ones I was referring to. They didn’t take over until October I think.  So their budget will have increased from what it was last summer.

Doesn’t change anything but they’ve been there longer than you thought https://www.indy100.com/sport/hunter-orrell-crawley-town-owner

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on March 31, 2023, 09:35:22 pm by ncRover »

Some stick out massively like Stockport who made a loss of over £4m in the national League (nearly twice their income).

Oxford one of our competitors in league 1 last year lost just about £5m and that's with selling players.

The championship is a whole new ball game.  Forest for example made a loss of. £42m in gaining promotion.  Just let that sink in.....

These just a few examples and shows the scale of what you're up against trying to operate at break even. It's impossible.

Are there any notable clubs who broke even?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Most clubs make a loss every year and yet very few go under. If we’re expecting some sort of advantage by been financially stable the reality will be disappointing.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
As people have suggested, neither of us know the facts but to suggest our average weekly wage is £1500 a week is absolute nonsense.
So how much do you think, Jones, Maxwell, Faulkner, Barlow, Ravenhill, Lavery, Agard, &  Griffiths are on.
They are all in the 1st team squad so part of the total wage bill.
Therefore the ave of 1.500 will in all probability be fairly accurate.
We are not in League 1 any more. Our wage bill will have been reduced. No way will any of those players above be on over 1.500 a week imo. Some of them very considerably less.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member

Yet there are those in the club who think we can not only remain but be competitive in Lg2 whilst breaking even.

silent majority

• VSC Member

Are there any notable clubs who broke even?

There's quite a few actually. Most Premiership clubs for example.

Even at our level there's a number of clubs who make sure the books balance.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
SM, it that balancing the books without financial input from their owners?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012