Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:09:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Premier League Left Back at todays game  (Read 3240 times)

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
Premier League Left Back at todays game
« on August 03, 2013, 06:02:27 pm by Wade Falana »
Newcastle's Ryan Taylor, sat in the East stand Prem Club area. Would be a decent signing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Premier League Left Back at todays game
« Reply #1 on August 03, 2013, 06:04:14 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
There was that Husband bloke too  :scarf:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 03, 2013, 06:06:11 pm by RobTheRover »

Hubby had Ince in his pocket all game.  Ince's bottom lip had "Inflate to 30psi" on it.  Mardy Thomas.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 03, 2013, 06:08:14 pm by Dare to dream! »

Hubby had Ince in his pocket all game.  Ince's bottom lip had "Inflate to 30psi" on it.  Mardy Thomas.

I wouldn't say that. I think Ince just wasn't at his best. Hubby was mixed looked nervy cant afford that

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 03, 2013, 06:10:40 pm by mushRTID »
The one time ince ran at husband second half he made him look like a mug.

Ince played poor in my opinion. Husband will be a good player but I'm not sure he's ready to be 1st choice in this league.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 03, 2013, 06:11:43 pm by RobTheRover »
He had one blob in the first 15 mins with tat underhit backpass and other than that was rock solid.  Played Ince out of it for me.  Ince decided to just hang around near his Dad on the halfway line then.  Maybe its pocket money day?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 03, 2013, 06:12:32 pm by vaya »

Strong family resemblance - petulant with an overly-high opinion of his own abilities.

Strangely satisfied to have defeated an empty net as well. Kudos.

donnyguy61

« Reply #7 on August 03, 2013, 06:51:42 pm by donnyguy61 »
Newcastle's Ryan Taylor, sat in the East stand Prem Club area. Would be a decent signing.
Injured and likely to miss all this season according to Alan Pardew

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 03, 2013, 06:59:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We all like Hubby and as you say Rob, had a couple of moments, but otherwise he's not out of of place and hopefully will grow in to that spot.

Confidence is a massive factor and the 2 players for me who looked the most nervous were Quinn and Husband, but I wouldn't panic just yet. 

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 03, 2013, 07:03:23 pm by Dare to dream! »
Wabara was at the game. Can see that one happening

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 03, 2013, 07:57:54 pm by CusworthRovers »
Husband was up against arguably the most talented player in the championship.

He had a disastrous 5mins (but I hope we can allow a junior playing at the highest level he's played at in the first game of the season), but other than that he had Ince and played very well. Unable to get forward, but I would imagine that was due to who he was marking.

Quinny also had a disastrous 5 minutes, but was ok other than that.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 03, 2013, 08:02:09 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Opinions eh!
I thought Husband was our worst player by some distance today, apart from Bennett. What anyone sees in him is totally beyond me

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 03, 2013, 09:28:17 pm by LincsRover »

He had a disastrous 5mins (but I hope we can allow a junior playing at the highest level he's played at in the first game of the season), but other than that he had Ince and played very well. Unable to get forward, but I would imagine that was due to who he was marking.

I'm sorry, but if Ince is the most talented player in the championship I'm a chimpanzees Great aunt! He was sh*te, had a bad attitude and no doubt will get labelled as a future star cos he could kick a ball into an empty net! Premiership.....you're having a laugh! Over rated just like his arrogant pr*ck of a dad!

:rtid:

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 04, 2013, 12:31:08 am by GloucesterRover31 »

I'm sorry, but if Ince is the most talented player in the championship I'm a chimpanzees Great aunt! He was sh*te, had a bad attitude and no doubt will get labelled as a future star cos he could kick a ball into an empty net! Premiership.....you're having a laugh! Over rated just like his arrogant pr*ck of a dad!

Sent the corner in for the second, showed composure for his goal, had turnball making two good low saves in the first half and virtually walked past players without much effort at times! What game were you watching? He was a class apart and most are saying he wasn't at his best! His frustration was from his own team mates giving the ball away or playing poor balls to him!

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 04, 2013, 09:59:45 am by LincsRover »

Sent the corner in for the second, showed composure for his goal, had turnball making two good low saves in the first half and virtually walked past players without much effort at times! What game were you watching? He was a class apart and most are saying he wasn't at his best! His frustration was from his own team mates giving the ball away or playing poor balls to him!

Same game as you but without the rose tinted hype specs. Concede the decent corner which should have been defended better but composure to hit an open goal? The game i saw was where he had a one on one with the goalie & hit it well wide, one where most of the time he lost out to a 19 year old, inexperienced LB, and where he was hitting from range precisely because he couldn't just walk past defenders - he seemed to think it all should be put on a plate for him by his team mates.

Maybe we just agree to disagree, from the south stand I wasn't impressed and maybe I missed stuff that you saw? In my opinion he's not a premiership player, even in a team which is built around him to play to his strengths. I may well be proven wrong in the long term (hell, it wouldnt be the first time!) but I can only see him flirting around the edges of the premiership, ignored by the top teams, and failing to live up to the hype.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 04, 2013, 10:24:58 am by Donnyrovers »
I rate Husband but he's not ready to be our first choice left back without competition yet, there were times he was shakey and there were numerous times he should have made the overlap but was still stood near half way. He's got a good future but some people think he's the best thing since sliced bread just because he's a young player that has made the step up from youth team comfortably over the past seasons and it rarely happens at Rovers.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 04, 2013, 10:28:01 am by MrFrost »
I'm worried throwing him at the deep end like this could damage his career ultimately. He has the potential to be a brilliant player, but as stated already, I don't think he is ready to be the first choice left back just yet.

vanderpanda

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 04, 2013, 12:58:45 pm by vanderpanda »
I know Wikipedia can be taken with a pinch of salt most of the time but on Ryan Taylors page couldn't help notice this bit

'On 23 August 2012 Ryan Taylor scored from a free kick in an away Europa League game against Atromitos, but suffered a serious knee injury in the return leg on 30 August 2012. Scans revealed Taylor had torn a cruciate ligament in his right knee and would be sidelined for many months,[citation needed] although manager Alan Pardew said he thought a quick return was possible. After returning to training towards the end of the 2012/2013 season, Ryan Taylor further injured his ligaments, Alan Pardew projecting that he would miss the entire 2013/2014 season'

I take it this is false then!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 04, 2013, 01:21:10 pm by ravenrover »
Have to say that I thought young James was unusually shaky yesterday. Ince went past him at will 2nd half, James didn't seem keen to give him the treatment. JMHO

What do I know about football?

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 04, 2013, 01:29:44 pm by scuzzer »
Saw Taylor too but also thought he was due to be out injured for the majority of the season. Experienced left back required in my view, Husband doesn't need the pressure of being the only left back at the club.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012