Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:32:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Premier league season ticket affordability  (Read 1076 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Premier league season ticket affordability
« on July 27, 2017, 12:14:59 am by RobTheRover »
There is a really interesting infographic I found looking at the cheapest season tickets in the Premier League and the affordability for people in the local area.

On the same scale, the Rovers would be £299 for a ST with an average FT weekly wage of £479 (https://www.ons.gov.uk/visualisations/nesscontent/dvc126/) , giving 24 hours and 58 minutes of work to pay for a ST, which means 3 premier league clubs are (relatively) more affordable to watch (West Ham, Huddersfield, and Man City) for their locals.  (We'll forget the quality of football on offer for now - we all know watching the rovers is far better!)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Premier league season ticket affordability
« Reply #1 on July 27, 2017, 09:29:31 am by idler »
Huddersfield have been subsidising season tickets by using the Tv money. Rightly in my eyes but not many if any will follow suit.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 28, 2017, 11:30:00 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Watford, Palace, Bournemouth. Really!? Is that another indication of the North/South divide?

Occasionally wondered, should be hit the big time, what price would we reasonably expect as a minimum before we price people out?

It wouldn't sit comfortable with me if we left behind loyal fans. The first priority must be to fill as many seats as possible.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 28, 2017, 11:34:02 am by silent majority »
Strange that, how do they work out the Man Utd figure when all their supporters live in London?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012