Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:58:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Premier League renews £4.8bn TV deal  (Read 854 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Premier League renews £4.8bn TV deal
« on May 13, 2021, 09:53:08 am by Metalmicky »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Premier League renews £4.8bn TV deal
« Reply #1 on May 13, 2021, 10:01:02 am by selby »
  The first thing to sort out is the trickle down money, it should be split equally between the EFL clubs not as it is done now with the Championship clubs getting about 90%

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 13, 2021, 05:33:40 pm by tyke1962 »
  The first thing to sort out is the trickle down money, it should be split equally between the EFL clubs not as it is done now with the Championship clubs getting about 90%

Selby .

Do you mean the parachute payments when clubs are relegated to the championship from the PL

Or

All the EFL clubs should receive the same level of income from Sky minus parachute payments .

The reason I ask is because as things stand today the championship is already the most financially unfair league in world football .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 13, 2021, 06:01:44 pm by silent majority »
Its a good temporary deal for all concerned.

The value of TV deals like this in various parts of the world have declined drastically, so the extra funds that will be coming down to the LG1 and LG2 clubs will be welcomed.

However, it shouldn't detract from the Fan Led Review which will still want to overhaul the current system and the way TV revenue is distributed.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 13, 2021, 06:15:03 pm by selby »
  Tyke, SM will correct me if I am wrong, The EFL to my knowlwdge get a sum of money over and above the parachute payments, directly from the Premiership TV fund which is split very unequally among the EFL member clubs with the Championship getting by far the biggest share of the pie.
  Hence the big difference in getting promotion from division 1 to the Championship  exactly the same as from the championship to the premiership millions of pounds difference.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 13, 2021, 07:40:16 pm by tyke1962 »
  Tyke, SM will correct me if I am wrong, The EFL to my knowlwdge get a sum of money over and above the parachute payments, directly from the Premiership TV fund which is split very unequally among the EFL member clubs with the Championship getting by far the biggest share of the pie.
  Hence the big difference in getting promotion from division 1 to the Championship  exactly the same as from the championship to the premiership millions of pounds difference.

Even if you are correct Selby about extra payments to championship clubs there is no great pot of money in the league to kick down to .

In fact in my opinion the present tv deal with Sky to championship clubs is paltry at around £8m per club .

The championship stacks up with the amount of big clubs in it and it's average attendances are greater than Serie A and the French top league .

It also one of the most exciting and unpredictable leagues in the world watched globally .

That in my opinion is worth at least £20m per club each season .

However I take your point about money kicking down but it shouldn't come from the championship .

I'd propose to end all parachute payments to clubs relegated to the championship and that money instead shared fairly across the whole of the EFL and leagues below it .

I predict the next tv deal that's negotiated with the EFL will have to be far higher or they will be trouble ahead .

Championship clubs know the league to tv is currently massively undervalued and a breakaway shouldn't be ruled out .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012