Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:28:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: You Fat B*******  (Read 22524 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
You Fat B*******
« on February 04, 2014, 09:03:08 pm by River Don »
Oh dear, Doncaster weighs in as the UKs second fattest town.

Just shy of three quarters of the population of Doncaster are classified as overweight or obese. Quite a shocking stat.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10617126/Revealed-the-fattest-towns-and-cities-in-England.html

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

podrover73

• Forum Member
Re: You Fat B*******
« Reply #1 on February 04, 2014, 09:16:40 pm by podrover73 »

Just shy of three quarters of the population of Doncaster are classified as overweight or obese. Quite a shocking stat.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10617126/Revealed-the-fattest-towns-and-cities-in-England.html

Just seen this, with the apathy for following your local team maybe we could get some of them down to the Keepmoat with a gentle walking exercise to the ground to shed the pounds and then they could queue up at the kiosks for food but not get served due to running out of pies lol 

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 04, 2014, 10:06:49 pm by scaley back rover »
i blame this on lindleys make the pies cheaper and get them to us faster so we can get to the top of the league. If they dont its a lack of ambition imo

Also it could make our stadium look fuller less is more :chair:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:11:42 pm by scaley back rover »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 04, 2014, 11:42:06 pm by RobTheRover »
I wonder how many calories this burns off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5YjjMxnTE

(c) Cussie

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 04, 2014, 11:49:58 pm by RedRover45 »

Yes I read on the back of my fish and chip wrapper. I'll pick up a clean copy of the paper when I go for my kebab and beer later.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 05, 2014, 08:58:10 am by Filo »
i blame this on lindleys make the pies cheaper and get them to us faster so we can get to the top of the league. If they dont its a lack of ambition imo

Well I'm doing my best in that department :)

But as a side issue, the title of this thread seems to be perfectly acceptable for the PC brigade, as we don't appear to have had one complaint about it. Yet replace the word fat with the word black and You can bet your life there'll be complaints of the highest order pretty sharpish. Abuse is abuse, wether it be race, colour, gender, sexuality or in this case body shape

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 05, 2014, 10:24:15 am by IC1967 »
The difference is that you can't do anything about being black whereas being a fat bas**rd is a lifestyle choice (in most cases).

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 05, 2014, 10:33:18 am by IC1967 »
Maybe the fat bas**rds of Doncaster need to read  this thread from the excellent mjdgreg.

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=234033.0

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 05, 2014, 10:35:11 am by Filo »
The difference is that you can't do anything about being black whereas being a fat bas**rd is a lifestyle choice (in most cases).

And how do you decide who's weight is lifestyle choice and who's is a result of a medical condition before you direct your abuse?

Like I said abuse is abuse, it's that simple

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 05, 2014, 10:36:48 am by Filo »
Maybe the fat bas**rds of Doncaster need to read  this thread from the excellent mjdgreg.

Thats very sensible advice to give to diabetics isn't it, numbskull!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 05, 2014, 11:16:49 am by RedJ »
Shock horror, Mick recommending a thread by Mick. f**king seen it all now. Sad bas**rd.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 05, 2014, 11:22:29 am by IC1967 »
I'm not trying to be abusive and did qualify my comment about fat b*****ds. I do realise that there are some fat b*****ds out there that are fat through no fault of their own. People such as the sexually abused, depressed etc. who have sought solace in food for example. However it is my contention that the vast majority of fat b*****ds are fat because of lifestyle choices and greed.

I was once fat. It was nothing to do with a medical condition. I was a greedy, beer drinking fat b*****d. I copped myself on and decided to sort myself out. This is what the majority of fat b*****ds need to do.

mjdgreg did state in his thread 'I would advise checking with your doctor before embarking on such a way of life if you currently have any health problems'. So I do believe that covers diabetics. It is also true that depending on the type of diabetes you suffer from that losing weight can make you better, so I don't see where you are coming from.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:28:58 am by IC1967 »

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 05, 2014, 11:38:43 am by Jenny »
How do they arrive at the figures?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 05, 2014, 11:55:21 am by River Don »

Well I'm doing my best in that department :)

But as a side issue, the title of this thread seems to be perfectly acceptable for the PC brigade, as we don't appear to have had one complaint about it. Yet replace the word fat with the word black and You can bet your life there'll be complaints of the highest order pretty sharpish. Abuse is abuse, wether it be race, colour, gender, sexuality or in this case body shape

I chose the title I admit to make it a bit provocative and because it's a popular chant in the footballing vernacular.

Perhaps it's less offensive because body shape is at some level a lifestyle choice for everyone, one hundred years ago almost nobody bar a very, very few rich folk were fat.

And maybe partly because I used s***s in the title?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 05, 2014, 12:21:31 pm by Filo »
Don't get be wrong, I could n't care less what people call me, my point is, why is it acceptable to shout abuse or call certain members of society, but not acceptable to abuse other members of society?

It's hypocritical and all members of society should be accepted for what or who they are regardless

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 05, 2014, 12:29:55 pm by River Don »
Filo

I think it is because everyone can do something about their weight, always accepting that it is much more challenging for some. Anyway, these days it is a lot less acceptable to abuse people because of their body shape.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 05, 2014, 12:41:28 pm by Filo »
Filo

I think it is because everyone can do something about their weight, always accepting that it is much more challenging for some. Anyway, these days it is a lot less acceptable to abuse people because of their body shape.

Not everyone can though, medication and medical conditions prevent some people from doing something about it, how do you distinguish between a genuine " fat b*****d and some one else that has a condition or takes medication before you call someone a " fat b*****d"? You don't, you just generalise, tar everyone with the same brush. When I use the word " you" I am not referring to you or anyone else in particular 

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 05, 2014, 12:46:42 pm by Jenny »
What medical condition stops people following a healthy diet?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 05, 2014, 12:50:47 pm by Filo »
What medical condition stops people following a healthy diet?

Did I say a medical condition prevents people eating healthily?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 05, 2014, 12:56:29 pm by Jenny »
Not everyone can though, medication and medical conditions prevent some people from doing something about it...

I can't think of a medical condition that stops people having a healthy diet, which is part of doing something about it.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 05, 2014, 01:19:47 pm by IC1967 »
Regardless of medical condition it should still be possible to lose weight and maintain It. There's a lot of rubbish spoken about being fat. It's very simple. If your body needs 2000 calories to survive for 24 hours then if you take in more than 2000 calories during this time period you will put on weight. If you take in less than 2000 calories you will lose weight.

I accept that some people put on weight 'through no fault of their own' (though this could still be debated), but would argue that this is because there is something going on psychologically rather than physically.

Let's be honest most of the fatties out there are fat because they over eat and quite often try to justify it with ridiculous reasons.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 05, 2014, 01:26:36 pm by Filo »
I can see you're choosing to ignore the point I'm trying to make

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 05, 2014, 01:39:07 pm by Jenny »
If your point is that abuse is abuse, then fair enough you are correct, however there is clearly a clear distinction between racism and fatism whether you like it (or think that it is acceptable), or not.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 05, 2014, 01:59:10 pm by IC1967 »
There are degrees of abuse. I would argue that being racist is much worse than being fattist. Sometimes a bit of banter (i.e. being called a fat bas**rd) is just what is needed for the fatty to get their life in order.

The more being fat is seen as being acceptable, the less likely fatties are to lose weight.

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 05, 2014, 02:30:09 pm by nightporter »
How do they arrive at the figures?
I bet PIE charts are involved.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 05, 2014, 02:49:59 pm by IC1967 »
I think some of us need to lighten up around here.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 05, 2014, 03:16:37 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Maybe the fat b*****ds of Doncaster need to read  this thread from the excellent mjdgreg.

Thats very sensible advice to give to diabetics isn't it, numbskull!

It's a load of fad quackery too. Just the sort of stuff Mick would believe in.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 05, 2014, 03:32:58 pm by TheFunk »
For some people eating a healthy diet doesn't stop weight gain, from my family experience being permanently confined to a wheelchair and taking steroids for medical reasons.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 05, 2014, 03:42:55 pm by IC1967 »
It's a load of fad quackery too

No it isn't. It's scientifically backed up and does definitely work. When I started doing it I was 12 stones. I'm now down to 6 stones and still losing.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 05, 2014, 04:37:15 pm by River Don »
It's a load of fad quackery too

No it isn't. It's scientifically backed up and does definitely work. When I started doing it I was 12 stones. I'm now down to 6 stones and still losing.

Careful now or you'll fade away altogether and nobody would want that. Ahem!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012