Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:57:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: You Fat B*******  (Read 22525 times)

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
Re: You Fat B*******
« Reply #180 on March 21, 2014, 01:28:31 am by Orlandokarla »
I give up on the milk issue. The correct answer is barbaric

1-0.  ;)

Like I say, if you've got any questions for me just fire them at me. I promise a brief and to the point answer that does not contain any waffle. If only I could say the same about some others around here.

Another question. Do you think fishing is OK or barbaric?
The reasoning behind the answer is the whole point. A magic 8-ball can answer questions.

Commercial or recreational? For food, or catch and release?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on March 21, 2014, 08:05:21 am by IC1967 »
All types of fishing.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on March 21, 2014, 09:17:42 am by Iberian Red »
All types of fishing.

So if you saw a couple of kids fishing with butterfly nets in Sandall Park, what would you do?
Punch them hard in the face then make a citizens arrest?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on March 21, 2014, 12:28:33 pm by IC1967 »
I would point out to them how cruel what they were doing was and have a word with their parents to tell them they need to educate their children better.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on March 21, 2014, 12:42:41 pm by RedJ »
And they'd probably tell you where to go as well.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on March 21, 2014, 12:52:23 pm by IC1967 »
If they did, that would just go to show how ignorant they are of how much fish suffer for human pleasure/food. There is a big education job needed on this subject because 99% of people are blissfully unaware of the suffering that the human race causes to fish.

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on March 26, 2014, 02:58:12 am by Orlandokarla »
Are people 'blissfully unaware', or having considered it, do they simply think no more of eating fish than you would a carrot?

Do you have kids? How would you respond to a stranger approaching your child in a park, and then proceeding to explain to them that the beliefs and values you've instilled in them are wrong? I wouldn't (and didn't) put up with that from my kids' school teacher, never mind a stranger in a park.

I have no issues whatsoever with fishing. In fact I have a stocked lake. I'm not the only one taking fish from there either. Bears, panthers, eagles, herons etc, all frequent it. In fact, I was watching the sand crane chicks down by the lake just this morning.

A few questions for you:-

Where do you draw the line with your 'anti-cruelty' stance?
Do you use/wear leather products? Do you extend your principles to insects, vermin, household pests etc?
If I could prove to you that fruit and vegetables felt pain, would you reconcile yourself with it, or starve yourself to death?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on March 26, 2014, 01:02:55 pm by IC1967 »
Where do you draw the line with your 'anti-cruelty' stance?
Do you use/wear leather products? Do you extend your principles to insects, vermin, household pests etc?
If I could prove to you that fruit and vegetables felt pain, would you reconcile yourself with it, or starve yourself to death?

Of course I don't wear/use leather products wherever possible.

Of course I extend my principles to insects, 'vermin', (not a good choice of word which says a lot about how you view animals), household pests e.t.c. wherever this is practicable.

Of course I would starve myself to death if you could prove that fruit and vegetables were sentient beings (good luck with trying to prove that one).

Do you have kids?

Yes.

How would you respond to a stranger approaching your child in a park, and then proceeding to explain to them that the beliefs and values you've instilled in them are wrong?

I'd listen with great interest and if the stranger made a convincing case I would tell my children to take on board the advice. I'd also tell them that they shouldn't believe everything I've ever told them because I don't know everything about everything (I almost do). As they get older they need to take in a wide range of views and then make up their own minds about things. They should always be prepared to change their minds.

I wouldn't (and didn't) put up with that from my kids' school teacher, never mind a stranger in a park.

I'm not surprised. You seem like a control freak with a serious lack of empathy for other animals which then translates to your relationships with human animals.

Are people 'blissfully unaware', or having considered it, do they simply think no more of eating fish than you would a carrot?

People are blissfully unaware. There is no comparison between eating a fish (with all the pain that's gone into it's capture) and a carrot. Comparing fish to vegetables is laughable.

I have no issues whatsoever with fishing. In fact I have a stocked lake.

Why am I not surprised.

Feel free to throw more questions at me. I guarantee to answer everything thrown at me (unlike some others around here I could mention).

In conclusion here is the damning truth about fish:

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-food/factory-farming/fish/

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-in-entertainment/cruel-sports/fishing/

http://www.peta.org/about-peta/why-peta/catch-and-release-fishing/

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-food/factory-farming/fish/commercial-fishing/

TinyPortal © 2005-2012