Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:59:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Your GP & NHS Medical Records for sale  (Read 1155 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Your GP & NHS Medical Records for sale
« on June 06, 2021, 08:06:12 pm by wilts rover »
For those who don't know, on 1st July the Government will allow academic institutions and 'other relevant parties' (such as health insurance providers) to access all NHS and GP patient data and personal medical records for a 'small fee'.

Unless you take the steps personally to opt-out of this programme, the government assume that you have given your permission and your data will be included.

Details of how to do so are here:

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/05/19/the-government-wants-to-sell-your-gp-medical-records-heres-how-to-opt-out/

Of course if you fully trust this government to keep your private medical data safe and secure then no need to do anything.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Your GP & NHS Medical Records for sale
« Reply #1 on June 06, 2021, 08:24:56 pm by drfchound »
Researchers wanting access to the information will have to be approved from the Independant group advising on the release of data and a GP Professional Advisory Group.
Any information released will be used to assist the commissioning and planning of health and care services.
Also to help deliver health and care policy, public health monitoring and some areas of research.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 06, 2021, 09:33:09 pm by wilts rover »
If it is such a great idea - why try and sneak it through

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/04/tories-nhs-data-grab-pandemic

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 06, 2021, 09:34:18 pm by wilts rover »
Researchers wanting access to the information will have to be approved from the Independant group advising on the release of data and a GP Professional Advisory Group.
Any information released will be used to assist the commissioning and planning of health and care services.
Also to help deliver health and care policy, public health monitoring and some areas of research.

It's OK then is it hound?

Don't worry, you don't have to do anything...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 06, 2021, 09:39:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That well-known nest of Marxist Vipers, the British Medical Association is firmly and aggressively against the way this is being rammed through with very little oversight.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 06, 2021, 09:41:37 pm by drfchound »

It's OK then is it hound?

Don't worry, you don't have to do anything...

Wilts, why are you jumping down my throat here.
All I did was write what the intention of collecting the data is.
Did I say I supported it or was against it for that matter.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 06, 2021, 10:39:26 pm by DRCraig »
Oh. I will leave it. Not good with technology. So I will have to trust them.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 10, 2021, 04:07:01 pm by Not Now Kato »
According to the recorded announcement on the NHS Digital website, the date has been put back to 1st September to "allow for further discussions" - but unless the government publicise this widely then I'm not sure how further discussions can happen.  Also, two months doesn't seem long enough for meaningful discussions to take place.

Have opted out on the NHS Digital website and will be filling in the form to do so with my GP.

I wonder what other 'dirty tricks' this lot will be getting up to!

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 10, 2021, 04:43:53 pm by albie »
For those worried about Hancock Bozo selling your medical records to insurers and worse;
https://medconfidential.org/how-to-opt-out/

It is less about having an up to date digital record, than who will look to exploit the access that can be sold on.
Part of the ongoing privatisation by stealth strategy in the NHS.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 10, 2021, 07:43:52 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
There's value in it for sure but it should be optional with a clear opt out or actually probably an opt in.  All the insurances I have I have to declare medical history anyway, why not allow that to happen automatically (it's a total pain in the arse declaring it all).

But give people the choice.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 11, 2021, 06:06:06 am by Donnywolf »
According to the recorded announcement on the NHS Digital website, the date has been put back to 1st September to "allow for further discussions" - but unless the government publicise this widely then I'm not sure how further discussions can happen.  Also, two months doesn't seem long enough for meaningful discussions to take place.

Have opted out on the NHS Digital website and will be filling in the form to do so with my GP.

I wonder what other 'dirty tricks' this lot will be getting up to!

Well that well trusted Hancock [just being slagged off by Carole Malone] said the other day "most of the population are perfectly fine with what is being proposed"

However on Weds I met with 6 people in York and yesterday 2 in my garden. Of those 8 only 2 knew of the proposal [and they were going to opt out] and the 6 who didnt know till I told them immediately said they didnt agree with "that" and would opt out

Counting myself & Mrs Wolfie that's 10 out of 10 who dont agree with Hancock's "most of the population are perfectly fine with what is being proposed". Thats a small sample but I will let people decide which THEY think to be the most realistic

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 11, 2021, 07:53:05 am by idler »
Me, the Mrs. and her parents all opted out the other days. Millions will probably either not know or just not be bothered to opt out.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 11, 2021, 09:54:02 am by DRCraig »
Me, the Mrs. and her parents all opted out the other days. Millions will probably either not know or just not be bothered to opt out.
I would want to opt out. Just don't do all this technology. Should get daughter to do it.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 11, 2021, 10:44:04 am by idler »
It was my daughter that did us four. The wife had a website ready but the daughter did it on her phone before we got the iPad out.
The mother-in-law actually had a text from her doctor or the National Health recommending opting out.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 11, 2021, 01:40:01 pm by Donnywolf »
Call me cynical (you cynical b*****d - there I saved you the trouble) but what's the chances of a huge "hack" of this data before the next deadline OR after lots of people have opted out

The hack will sweep up the lot either way and doubtless be blamed on an unknown foreign power... Probably the Russians

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 11, 2021, 02:03:53 pm by albie »
Just a reminder that there are 2 stages to deny consent.

Email NHS Digital to inform them of your choice
Print off the form, fill it in and give to your GP surgery.

You NEED to do both....just contacting NHS Digital is NOT enough.
See the link from MedConfidential that I posted above.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 11, 2021, 02:28:01 pm by Donnywolf »
Cheers Albie I will get on with it / them x 2 asap

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 11, 2021, 04:01:03 pm by idler »
Just a reminder that there are 2 stages to deny consent.

Email NHS Digital to inform them of your choice
Print off the form, fill it in and give to your GP surgery.

You NEED to do both....just contacting NHS Digital is NOT enough.
See the link from MedConfidential that I posted above.
Thanks albie, I didn't know that.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 12, 2021, 07:38:36 am by Donnywolf »
Done - but lets hope it gets "scuttled" anyway

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 16, 2021, 05:32:55 pm by albie »
NHS Digital will confirm that you have opted out by email...it takes a while though!

As a bit of background to the shapeshifting going off, here is the sainted Dildo chatting with Alexander Nix of Cambridge Analytica on ways forward;
https://youtu.be/lEMvp9RYOuI

Innocent bonhomie, and nothing to do with a privatisation agenda by stealth, I'm sure!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012