Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:02:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Down...  (Read 2948 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Down...
« on April 18, 2014, 09:08:39 pm by Donnyjim »
And almost out. Let's start preparing for league one.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Down...
« Reply #1 on April 18, 2014, 09:14:42 pm by PDX_Rover »
Are you Jim Royle?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 18, 2014, 09:16:36 pm by dknward2 »
Cant see us getting another point this season

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 18, 2014, 09:20:03 pm by PDX_Rover »
Plenty to play for yet.

CarolinaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 18, 2014, 09:20:46 pm by CarolinaRover »
Not just yet, but we do like to do it the hard way that's for sure.

After going on such a good run to then lose four in a row, does not bode well at all. We should have been safe by now, but we aren't, so we need to get behind the lads.

Must say we never looked like scoring without Wellens and a fit Billy Sharp. We HAVE to win on Monday otherwise the last two games at home to Reading and away to Leicester are difficult.

We have to get behind them because other clubs are rising and are up for the fight, we need to join them otherwise the doom and gloom will see us in L1 next year

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 18, 2014, 09:21:04 pm by dknward2 »
Yes their are but i just cant see us getting one

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 18, 2014, 09:24:05 pm by PDX_Rover »
It's wide open. Millwall have to get something away at Boro' tomorrow. I'd much rather be in our shoes than any of the teams below us.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 18, 2014, 09:37:14 pm by BigH »
Did anybody seriously think we would get anything out of tonight's game? A point - possibly - was the best we could have hoped for and when Derby's first went in that was it; game over.

Monday's game is THE game that we need to take something from. I'd be tempted to be bold. If McCombe's back in the fold then go 3-5-2 with 3 centre backs and Stevens and Quinn pushing up in midfield. Tonight our midfield was swamped (again) and our 'flair' players were ineffectual (again).

Derby look good for the play-offs mind.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 18, 2014, 09:38:37 pm by DonnyOsmond »
No confidence. No tempo. We're going down. Dickov's out of ideas.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 18, 2014, 09:48:01 pm by PDX_Rover »
I do wonder what game people watch sometimes. We matched Derby pretty much for 90 minutes. They are a very, very good team. Arguably we had the better chances, but we lack that bit of quality that the top teams have. I still think we have too much going for us to go down though. Thought their big beardy bugger at the back was lucky - Robinson got goal side of him and he clearly held him back. Another day that's a red card.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 18, 2014, 09:54:08 pm by Filo »
Did anybody seriously think we would get anything out of tonight's game? A point - possibly - was the best we could have hoped for and when Derby's first went in that was it; game over.

Monday's game is THE game that we need to take something from. I'd be tempted to be bold. If McCombe's back in the fold then go 3-5-2 with 3 centre backs and Stevens and Quinn pushing up in midfield. Tonight our midfield was swamped (again) and our 'flair' players were ineffectual (again).

I'm not sure you were watching the same game as me, we were the better side, Derby had two shots and scored from them

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 18, 2014, 10:04:47 pm by Prez »
Still 7/2 on us getting relegated.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 18, 2014, 10:05:50 pm by pib »

I'm not sure you were watching the same game as me, we were the better side, Derby had two shots and scored from them

:blink:

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 18, 2014, 10:06:01 pm by BigH »

Sorry Filo but I forgot to bring my rose tinted specs with me tonight. To me the game was akin to a cup tie with lots of huffing and puffing from the lower league siide and two moments of genuine class from the higher league side. Derby looked dangerous almost every time they attacked; certainly half a yard faster. When we went forward we were ponderous and laboured. No shame in that; I didn't expect anything else with Wellens missing.

But hey, I'm not complaining. There's a reason why they're third and eyeing up promotion and we're scrapping at the bottom.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 18, 2014, 10:12:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The only chances we had were a couple headers which their keeper dealt or when Cotts cut in and took a shot. It's been the same for the last three games. We haven't had a real attack through the middle that led to a chance in a while and Coppinger doesn't seem to want to cross the ball either, just pass it back to Tamas so he can cross it. We did alright defensively today for the most part but were just stale and predictable when it comes to attacking and way too slow.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 18, 2014, 10:31:47 pm by albie »
Teams near the bottom tend to lose more games than they win, so points in the pocket are worth more than games in hand.

As others have said, Sharp looks well short at the minute. It seemed to me he was not at full capacity, maybe nursing an injury. Furman and Keegan does not work as a pair, because neither got forward into the Derby box to offer a late arriving threat.

We have some useful players, but apart from dead balls never carried a real threat. Too often we play either to retain possession, or delay delivery until Derby were set. We desperately need to make opposition defenders commit, rather than the defence dictating what we can do next.

Some positives though....Johnstone, Meite and Stevens did well for me.

It will go the wire, with goal difference important. Rovers do not want to go to Leicester needing a win, with Blackpool v Charlton also on the final day.

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 18, 2014, 10:38:38 pm by Donnylass »
The only chances we had were a couple headers which their keeper dealt or when Cotts cut in and took a shot. It's been the same for the last three games. We haven't had a real attack through the middle that led to a chance in a while and Coppinger doesn't seem to want to cross the ball either, just pass it back to Tamas so he can cross it. We did alright defensively today for the most part but were just stale and predictable when it comes to attacking and way too slow.

Don't forget the chance we had in the 4th minute when their defender back passed it and the keeper slipped and it nearly went in. When it didn't I Knew our luck had run out - any other team and it would have gone in.  :suicide:

Talking of back passes. Did anyone notice the one that the Derby keeper picked up early on in the game? Is it only allowed for big clubs to do that and not get booked?

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 18, 2014, 10:44:12 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
We'll win on Monday. Keep the faith!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 18, 2014, 10:47:59 pm by bpoolrover »
Thought we did ok today without creating much,really think sharp and brown up top together is not working.derby looked a good team and I think they had plenty more in them if they needed it

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 18, 2014, 11:01:49 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Don't forget the chance we had in the 4th minute when their defender back passed it and the keeper slipped and it nearly went in. When it didn't I Knew our luck had run out - any other team and it would have gone in.  :suicide:

Talking of back passes. Did anyone notice the one that the Derby keeper picked up early on in the game? Is it only allowed for big clubs to do that and not get booked?

We all saw that and commented theres no way it was accidental a totally deliberate back pass and the ref does ..........................nothing

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 18, 2014, 11:04:08 pm by RedJ »
Sorry I forgot you were relegated for losing to a team in the hunt for promotion while still above the bottom 3. :)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 18, 2014, 11:04:28 pm by PDX_Rover »
For me, it's about the ball in the final third. I said at half time we need to have more urgency getting forwards. We're too sideways. Copps failed to put a decent cross in I think for 90 minutes. Cotts was better but went looking for the wonder goal too many times. We looked better when Theo and Duffy came on, but in general, we're just lacking that final bit of quality. I'd put De Val in Monday with Keegan and tell the wingers to get to the byline.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 19, 2014, 12:09:45 am by andysly »
Down my arse. There are still 5 teams who would swap places with us.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 19, 2014, 01:15:53 am by Draytonian III »
Well said that man

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 19, 2014, 02:04:02 am by Akinfenwa »
What matters is whether there are 3 teams that want to swap places with us after 46 games.

Arksey rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 19, 2014, 07:21:31 pm by Arksey rover »
It's all about Monday now for me. Question is, who want's it most. Us  or milwall ?. Come on billy !!. Chin up lad and dig deep. Show us how you can score goals .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012