Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:09:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: viable option?  (Read 4361 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

acko

• Forum Member
Re: viable option?
« Reply #1 on August 02, 2017, 09:42:20 am by acko »
I dont see jimmy being option but i can certainly see him being a big asset for any league2 side i wish him luck and surprised that Walsall have taken this stance

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 02, 2017, 09:56:52 am by balbyrover »
Was a fantastic player for us. Great at RB and a rock at CB too but he's 32 now, and is currently injured.
It's a no from me but I'm sure he will be a solid signing for somebody.  (Probably a league 2 side)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 02, 2017, 09:59:46 am by Upton Rover »
Joke

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 02, 2017, 10:14:10 am by boro_rover »
Jimmy o'connor had his best years with us. He wasn't that great in his last season compared to the player he was prior to that.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 02, 2017, 10:31:58 am by DRNaith »
.....and he's frightened by spirit levels

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 02, 2017, 10:32:48 am by RedJ »
Jimmy o'connor had his best years with us. He wasn't that great in his last season compared to the player he was prior to that.

It ruined him, playing him all over the back four.

Don't really get this obsession we have with re-signing ex players, especially ones that are on the decline.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 02, 2017, 11:28:55 am by Dr Fundlekrotch »
.....and he's frightened by spirit levels

I thought he feared chives and spirit levels made him smile.

Hadn't thought of it before but you are right, DRNaith.  The resemblance is uncanny

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 02, 2017, 12:25:28 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Nope. He's currently injured. Why would we want to sign on another injured player?

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 02, 2017, 12:33:45 pm by Susan Abbott »
It's what we do !!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 02, 2017, 12:48:49 pm by DearneValleyRover »
It's what we do !!

Is it? I've seen McCullough and Keegan mentioned although neither were injured when they signed, Baudry was and Brooker but of the others including Kiwomya the injuries have occurred afterward but hey don't let the truth get in the way of you having another pop at the club, I mean we wouldn't want you having nothing to do in the summer

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 02, 2017, 01:25:09 pm by Drover »
It's what we do !!

Is it? I've seen McCullough and Keegan mentioned although neither were injured when they signed, Baudry was and Brooker but of the others including Kiwomya the injuries have occurred afterward but hey don't let the truth get in the way of you having another pop at the club, I mean we wouldn't want you having nothing to do in the summer

Are you sure,we sign Kiwomya and our physio leaves not long after.I maybe getting 5 after adding 2 and 2,but I have wondered.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:28:53 pm by Drover »

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 02, 2017, 01:26:17 pm by roversontheup »
It's what we do !!
Ok, that's it. Sick of your negative, snipey comments. Consider yourself blocked. I know it won't bother you in the slightest but it will make my viewing much better.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 02, 2017, 01:36:48 pm by drfchound »

He was superb the last time he played at the KM for Walsall.

At 32 is he too old?

Greer is 37 and some fans were hoping we got him.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 02, 2017, 01:42:20 pm by NickDRFC »

He was superb the last time he played at the KM for Walsall.

At 32 is he too old?

Greer is 37 and some fans were hoping we got him.

I wouldn't say that 32 necessarily makes him too old (although most of our fans think all our signings need to be quick, big, strong, technically gifted and young, as if these sorts of players are queuing up to play in League One), but the fact that he isn't in Walsall's plans puts me off.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 02, 2017, 01:47:53 pm by IDM »

It ruined him, playing him all over the back four.

Don't really get this obsession we have with re-signing ex players, especially ones that are on the decline.

I have no issue with ex-players returning, if it is for footballing reasons rather than any emotional ties.  if he is the right player at the right time, then why not?

However being injured at present doesn't bode well, we'd be better off waiting for Baudry.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 02, 2017, 03:07:24 pm by roversdude »
Can't believe he's only 32 wow

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 02, 2017, 03:18:02 pm by Bezza »
great when he was with us, but dont think we would bring him back.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 02, 2017, 03:28:03 pm by balbyrover »
Can't believe he's only 32 wow

I thought that.. i was thinking closer to 36 atleast.
It shocked me.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 02, 2017, 03:32:18 pm by RoversAlias »
I think he's a similar type of player to Alcock anyway so wouldn't necessarily say we need someone like O'Connor in, but aged 32 and having been a regular at Walsall the last few years he could certainly do a job for anyone in this division who may need him.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 02, 2017, 03:38:31 pm by wing commander »
Normally I'm the first to raise my eyebrows when theres talk of bringing a ex player back but for once I would be all for it..Firstly his injury is just a knock to the hip or maybe even non existent at all seen as though he wasn't even in the team pic...There are 4 pages on the Saddlers forum on JOC and practically to a man they think there manager has lost his marbles...He's versatile and easily good enough to walk into our current defence..He probably wouldn't cost a great deal in wages and he would really strengthen our defence..So I would be on the phone to try and get him back....

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 02, 2017, 03:45:37 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
It's what we do !!
Ok, that's it. Sick of your negative, snipey comments. Consider yourself blocked. I know it won't bother you in the slightest but it will make my viewing much better.

Another reason Susan must be a fella !

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 02, 2017, 04:53:04 pm by Susan Abbott »
Really ?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 03, 2017, 10:15:05 am by mrfrostsdad »
It's what we do !!

Are you sure,we sign Kiwomya and our physio leaves not long after.I maybe getting 5 after adding 2 and 2,but I have wondered.

Apart from having his photograph taken, Kiwomya hasn't been seen on the pitch since he signed.
Now call me sceptical if you like........................

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 03, 2017, 06:23:13 pm by ravenrover »
According to DF a virus that wouldn't have been picked up on medical

TinyPortal © 2005-2012