Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:18:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Am I Happy  (Read 2367 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Am I Happy
« on August 04, 2017, 12:58:07 pm by selby »
Yes I am,the new signings will fit in well,and the injured players are mostly on the way back within reasonable time hopefully.
   We seem to have a settled management structure,which always seems to indicate a club progressing on and off the field,I dont like changes in management that always means discarding other peoples work whether good or bad,and disrupts management plans.
  The playing staff,with  the last two signings could be an exciting mix of youth and experience,if we can find the right system to play to our strengths,over to you Fergie.
  It is a shame that Boudry misses the start of the season as i think he can be a big player for us this season,and unlike some on here,I think that John Marquis with his work ethic can carry on being a regular goal scorer in this division,if we give our forwards the service from midfield.
  I am not expecting us in any way to take the division by storm,and would like to see us sign either a good centre half, either on loan  or someone like Alex Bruce on a one year contract.
  Mid table to me is realistic 10th or round about should be obtainable,flirting with the play offs would be brilliant,and it should be our turn for a cup run,its that long since we had one.
  I hope everyone enjoys the season folks,without having too many heart attacks.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Am I Happy
« Reply #1 on August 04, 2017, 01:00:51 pm by RoversAlias »
Great post Selby, agree with every word. I'll be very pleased if we can settle in the top half and stay well clear of trouble, I think our squad is more than capable of achieving that. Should be a good year ahead!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 04, 2017, 01:03:49 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think everyone is largely in the same place, happy but we could do still with another centre half?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 04, 2017, 01:18:36 pm by graingrover »
Here's wishing the Black Bank good voice ,new chants and many goals !

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 04, 2017, 01:36:52 pm by selby »
  Forgot to mention my main hope for this season,that is that Alex Kywomya makes a good recovery,I am not bothered about the football side,I just hope he is OK.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 04, 2017, 01:45:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
With Danny Andrew, we're going to see better quality crosses into the box and another option at free kicks. Both he and Whiteman are also prepared to shoot from distance.

That additional service can only be good for Marquis, Mandeville and Williams.

My concern is still allowing crosses in from either flank too easily. If we sort that out, then the goals against column should make better reading.

In this league, I don't think the standard of football in open play is that much greater but, we may not get away with errors so lightly. We'll need to be more ruthless in front of goal to counter that.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 04, 2017, 01:48:17 pm by GazLaz »
Andrew looks a decent signing but Whiteman and Dave are two young lads who might not have the impact we hope. I'm not sure the squad is that much stronger than last season.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 04, 2017, 02:18:57 pm by wing commander »
  Gaz I don't think any of us can really say that until we've seen them play competively over a few weeks...Personally I had a centre half higher up the priority list than DF has but we will see how we go...It's injury's that will decide which way our season goes..Can we keep Mandeville,Baudry,Rowe,Marquis,Andrews,Kolonga fit for decent periods???? If we can then we will appear much stronger than last year...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 04, 2017, 02:32:52 pm by GazLaz »
  Gaz I don't think any of us can really say that until we've seen them play competively over a few weeks...Personally I had a centre half higher up the priority list than DF has but we will see how we go...It's injury's that will decide which way our season goes..Can we keep Mandeville,Baudry,Rowe,Marquis,Andrews,Kolonga fit for decent periods???? If we can then we will appear much stronger than last year...

No we can't which shows it's a gamble. If you gamble you sometimes lose.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 04, 2017, 03:58:36 pm by DonnyOsmond »
People could have said the same about Mason and Houghton last season.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 04, 2017, 06:04:08 pm by deebee »
Another big asset from Andrew for those that didn't see him play against Derby is that he can throw the ball all the way to the penalty spot from the side lines. It's as good as a free kick.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 05, 2017, 03:16:33 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Baudry is our biggest miss at the minute we play a lot better when he's in the side. Andrew is a great player great crosser of a ball and a free kick taker of a good standard.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 05, 2017, 08:34:26 am by Retdon1 »
After missing out on Taylor im not sure why fergy is reluctant to sign a centre half. Trying to bring Taylor in shows that their is still money left in the budget to bring one in.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 05, 2017, 09:58:23 am by RedJ »
How do you know he is reluctant? because we haven't gone out and signed the first one we could find? I'd rather wait a few weeks longer and get someone who'll be a good fit than sign a Dennis Souza just for the sake of getting bodies in.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 05, 2017, 10:12:12 am by balbyrover »
How do you know he is reluctant? because we haven't gone out and signed the first one we could find? I'd rather wait a few weeks longer and get someone who'll be a good fit than sign a Dennis Souza just for the sake of getting bodies in.

Exactly.  I think we could really do with a strong commanding CH aswell, but if nothing better than what we already have is available then why bother?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012