Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:35:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: D-day for dickov  (Read 3778 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: D-day for dickov
« Reply #30 on September 20, 2014, 03:45:10 pm by PDX_Rover »
Some folks talk some shit. Doomed, doomed I tell you. Seriously...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 20, 2014, 03:47:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Stiff resistance encountered at Chesterfield Eglise - the spire there crumbling but the enemy have halted the Dickov army advance, many casualties taken  :crying:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 20, 2014, 04:10:45 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
And Chesterfield Eglise falls... the Red Army charge sweeps all before them. Even the enemy propganda machine ask "is it a bridge too far for us?"

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 20, 2014, 04:10:56 pm by PDX_Rover »
Heavy artillery achieves goal.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 20, 2014, 04:21:14 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Oh dear, consolidating our advance and the enemy has regrouped, serious casualties on the front line. Serious need of that old Dunkirk spirit needed, the Irish Guard enter the fray....

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 20, 2014, 04:34:35 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Holding off the MASSIVE counter attack, just! Supplies catching up with the initial advance, morale gathering to continue on and win the battle, keep the faith troops!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 20, 2014, 04:55:26 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Effective scrapping from the boys at the end. D-Day battle is won  :scarf:

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 20, 2014, 05:01:02 pm by bpoolrover »
Well done pd for getting us 3 points today

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 20, 2014, 06:01:40 pm by podrover73 »
D day postponed until the next defeat

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 20, 2014, 07:06:52 pm by aidanstu »
The doubters are conspicuous by their absence again I see. i wonder what they will be doing with their week now?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on September 20, 2014, 07:13:03 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm a big doubter that's for sure his record is poor despite liking the man.

Today he got it right with that eleven the formation suits us. Also keegan is a better player away from home and de val is just better all round.

Still much work to be done but it was an improvement.  I said we needed 4 minimum from the two homes and we got them.  The question now is can we prolong it?

I enjoyed today's game and that's a big part of it. Note the atmosphere was much better with attacking football.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on September 20, 2014, 07:27:59 pm by dickos1 »
We looked better today because Chesterfield didn't sit back and put everyone behind the ball.
That's when we struggle, like on Tuesday and against Oldham.
The worrying thing is, most sides we play this year will do just that

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on September 20, 2014, 10:01:01 pm by ravenrover »
But if we play with the intensity and sublime skill we did particularly in the 1st half we SHOULD be able to break any team down. We were battered for probably 30 out of the last 45mins today, they created and missed a good few chances 2nd half but don't forget we also created and missed several chances in the 2nd half.
For me it changed when they brought the big No9 on we couldn't cope with his very simple old fashioned centre forward attributes, receive it, lay it off and head for the far post. Bringing Keegan on helped a little. De Val was shot by then but we did nothing to counter the No 9, At the same time Evina was being destroyed down our left, Bennett went missing, and Evina had 2 men every time the ball went wide. My call half way through the 2nd half was to bring Bennett off and put Robinson wide to try and help Evina but thankfully we hung on.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 20, 2014, 11:20:45 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I was not impressed when we gave Dickov the job,but once we did,barring distrasterous defeats,I believe we should give a manager a decent length time,however last season,I thought we would be relegation certainties not long after christmas,but I was pleasantly surprised with how well our season went,only going down on last day.But now we are not only struggling for points in league one,but putting in some very poor displays often at home,this and his poor record in league one previous,Im now of the impression that it was the quality of many of our Players that gave us a good chance of staying up last season and not PD tactics/management style.I am hoping we replace him soon before its too late for this season,providing the Board can make a good choice replacement.Easier said than done.

Loved that film Australia that you were in Drover,have you seen much of Nicole Kidman since the wedding? :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012