Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:00:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Purchase History  (Read 2177 times)

old lad

• Forum Member
Purchase History
« on May 03, 2024, 02:13:55 pm by old lad »
Having previously emailed the club about registering my family members, I went to the ground to do so. I have always bought for family members so they don’t have a purchase history. On arriving I was told that even registering them, they wouldn’t be able to purchase a ticket on Monday, for the game next Friday.
So anyone in the same position as me, and you’ve always bought tickets for family, or someone wanting to go for the first time, I wouldn’t bother. There will be no new fans there then either because of this. And I really can’t  see it being a sell out

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

acacia94

• VSC Member
Re: Purchase History
« Reply #1 on May 03, 2024, 02:30:24 pm by acacia94 »
Mmmmm bit of an arse all the ticketing stuff but if you're a regular just register and then you're on the system at least. My 2 lads been on there for years and have never lived in Donny. Buy the odd ticket here and there on their accounts so there's some transactions going through. Its worth 5 minutes for times like these when the seats are on sale on Monday to everyone.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 03, 2024, 02:33:43 pm by mushRTID »
Surely a Doncaster postcode should suffice.

The city isn’t overflowing with Crewe Alexandra fans!

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 03, 2024, 02:42:17 pm by johnny rovers »
Surely to god this cannot be right!

old lad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 03, 2024, 03:05:07 pm by old lad »
It is right.
I’m obviously on, been on for years, my daughter had a season ticket at 2 and she’s now 16. But every time we go, I pay for the tickets. Never realised this would happen.
Me and one daughter could go, but don’t want to go without the other 2 and my grandson.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 03, 2024, 03:13:57 pm by roversdude »
So if you have 2 season tickets surely you can get 2 more tickets

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 03, 2024, 03:23:55 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's ridiculous tbh, they need to rethink that.

old lad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 03, 2024, 03:30:09 pm by old lad »
No sorry, we don’t have a season ticket this season. 2 of us have previously, and are both on the system, but other relatives who I’ve bought for are not. First match of season I bought 9, and 7 are not on the system.We brought ID for them to register today, but was told that would make no difference for this match. PURCHASE HISTORY ONLY

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 03, 2024, 03:32:35 pm by Jenny »
I thought nowadays you had to register a ticket to a person rather than having them on your own account?

Purchase history with the club will cover anyone who's ever bought a ticket since we moved to the Keepmoat so I'd be surprised if there are too many people this impacts but equally the club shouldn't be deterring new fans when it is unlikely Crewe will sell their allocation anyway.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 03, 2024, 03:42:56 pm by DRFC_AjA »
Website doesn't say you're limited to 1 ticket per person with purchase history. I've always been able to put 2 or 3 in the basket previously for any chum who wants to come along. Maybe due to high demand this time it might be limited but it doesn't say so

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 03, 2024, 04:29:44 pm by StocksArmy »
If you are on the system, not a STH
but, go to games regularly like myself and my family, you SHOULD get at least a day to get yourselves a ticket before they go out to people wanting to jump on the bandwagon. There should definitely be a points system for that.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 03, 2024, 04:45:52 pm by BobG »
I haven't been to the KM for a while - my Mum died 18 months back and she was my excuse  - Apparently I'm not on the system now. Sad.

BobG

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 03, 2024, 04:54:09 pm by drfcsteve »
Didn’t the club do this for the Everton cup game and then realise their error? Have no lessons been learned?

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 03, 2024, 05:12:29 pm by johnny rovers »
The shadow board need to raise this. Pathetic from the club.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 05:22:44 pm by johnny rovers »

old lad

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 03, 2024, 05:16:37 pm by old lad »
I bought 5 tickets for the Barrow game. All on my name, on my phone. My daughter who had taken her ID today checked, and she had no purchase history. Even tho she has been to Cardiff and Wembley and many games since.
But no worries, things like this leave a bad taste.
But as I said previously she did say NO PURCHASE HISTORY NO TICKET. She did say it may be different for Wembley should we get there. I think they must think next Friday will be a sell out.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 03, 2024, 05:19:36 pm by NickDRFC »
I thought nowadays you had to register a ticket to a person rather than having them on your own account?

Purchase history with the club will cover anyone who's ever bought a ticket since we moved to the Keepmoat so I'd be surprised if there are too many people this impacts but equally the club shouldn't be deterring new fans when it is unlikely Crewe will sell their allocation anyway.

You definitely need to register people for away ticket purchases - for Wimbledon away I went with 7 or 8 people who’d never been before (or certainly not for years) and we had to register them all. Perhaps it’s different for home games.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 03, 2024, 05:30:18 pm by drfcsteve »
It is different for home games, I’ve bought loads of tickets for different people for home games this season and they’ve all been in my name. The website hasn’t made me assign them to different names.

So it looks like they’ll be people that have been to games all season that the club will exclude from buying tickets.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 03, 2024, 05:42:20 pm by Metalmicky »
Surely any tickets not sold after 7 May will be open to anyone with a DN postcode...?

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 03, 2024, 05:52:04 pm by drfcsteve »
I don’t even know why a DN postcode would be needed. Do Man U only sell tickets to people with a Manchester postcode? For a club that never sells out its stadium we seem to be obsessed with trying to put barriers in place to people wanting to come.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 03, 2024, 06:00:07 pm by johnny rovers »
And the club wonders why we average only 6000 homes at best. We don't deserve more support when the club makes these decisions. But the fan base deserve's way more.

We are playing Crewe Alexandra for goodness sake. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 03, 2024, 06:14:32 pm by DRFCTom »
SM can this be looked into please as I’m in the same boat re picking tickets up for others.
How are we expected to sell the place out of this is in place?
If it was a local derby I’d understand but not Crewe

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 03, 2024, 06:24:31 pm by Fal »
I haven't been to the KM for a while - my Mum died 18 months back and she was my excuse  - Apparently I'm not on the system now. Sad.

BobG

I had nothing since the Crystal Palace fa cup round until my season ticket this season.

On top of that all my history dating back to when the keepmoat opened is still there from when I went all the time.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 03, 2024, 06:25:42 pm by Thorney »
Personally if you yourself have a purchase history where it shows you regularly purchase extra tickets then you should be again allowed to buy that number.

I usually purchase 3, 1 for me and 2 for daughters. So why shouldnt i be allowed to again purchase that amount? It is what i usually do. But luckily i have registered their names before and put tickets in their names so i will be ok on that score, i think.

But it isnt fair on those that have always just buy them in their name only

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 03, 2024, 06:37:51 pm by adamtherover »

You definitely need to register people for away ticket purchases - for Wimbledon away I went with 7 or 8 people who’d never been before (or certainly not for years) and we had to register them all. Perhaps it’s different for home games.
of all the away games to take newbies lol

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 03, 2024, 06:39:14 pm by Filo »
My wife has a customer number linked to my account, she’s never watched Rovers in her life but has purchase history for concerts held at the Stadium in the past

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 03, 2024, 06:45:54 pm by ian1980 »
There definitely gunna be fun and games when the general sale opens up….

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 03, 2024, 06:48:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
They should just loosen it a bit. We won't sell out and this is a huge opportunity to get new fans onboard.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 03, 2024, 07:07:27 pm by normal rules »
Buy tickets on the day. Sorted.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 03, 2024, 07:11:32 pm by silent majority »

It’s an operational issue, not really Shadow Board material.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 03, 2024, 07:12:12 pm by normal rules »

It’s an operational issue, not really Shadow Board material.

Any idea if ticket office is open on the day for walk ups Martin?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012