Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:21:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Practice match  (Read 3757 times)

redrover10

• Forum Member
Practice match
« on September 28, 2011, 11:00:40 am by redrover10 »
According to twitter drfcofficial lalkovic has just made it 1 nil against Chesterfield

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redrover10

• Forum Member
Re: Practice match
« Reply #1 on September 28, 2011, 11:29:53 am by redrover10 »
3-1 now lalkovic 2 and Bennett

prince

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 28, 2011, 11:38:06 am by prince »
Lalkovic really needs to start instead of Hayter on saturday

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 28, 2011, 11:42:19 am by rtid88 »
I think Sharp needs to start instead of Hayter on Saturday! And Lalkovic instead of Oster!! IMO

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 28, 2011, 11:57:54 am by RobTheRover »
What??

Oster was good last night.  And he was right to have a rant at the front 3 at the end of the second half when he played that clipped ball over the Hull full back.  I thought the music had stopped and Hayter, Copps and Parkin were trying hard not to move.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 28, 2011, 12:00:43 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Midfield three - Stock, Oster, Copps

Foward three - Lalkovic, Parkin, Sharp

Worth a go?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 28, 2011, 12:02:20 pm by Alan Southstand »
I thought Oster had one of his worst games in a Rovers shirt last night, but that's just my opinion, Rob. I think he may be getting near to the end of his 'sell-by'!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 28, 2011, 12:05:56 pm by RedJ »
Oster - thought, like Copps and Stock, was asleep for most of the game up until Billy came on. That gave everyone a new energy about them, and Copps and Oster ran the show for me from that point until they came off. Not consistent enough for my liking, but when he comes alive, he really does.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 28, 2011, 12:12:07 pm by RobTheRover »
Funny how we all see it differently.

To me, Oster was one of the few who came out of the first half with any credit.  He never hid from the ball, tracked back, and tried to carry the ball into advanced positions and develop play in the oppo third.  The forwards trio consisitently gave him very little in the way of options.  If Oster could only tackle or jump to win a header he would be brilliant!

Second half - different story.  The midfield and forwards seemed to click, and from chasing Hull players shadows the Hull midfield couldnt cope with us moving the ball a lot quicker, and as a result became tired out.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 28, 2011, 12:39:25 pm by RTID75 »
I thought Oster was very poor in the first half. Loads of errant passes and I thought it was probably the worst I'd seen of him.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 28, 2011, 12:40:36 pm by RobTheRover »
He was better than Stock and Gilly.  Neither got a kick in that first 45.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 28, 2011, 01:20:20 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=187060
He was better than Stock and Gilly.  Neither got a kick in that first 45.

I've never really rated Oster for the simple fact he cannot tackle, but Gillett just isn't worth a w**k in any department except scoring equalisers against Hull!

Brian Stock is a class act who does a two man job on the field!

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 28, 2011, 01:23:19 pm by TheFunk »
Brian Stock. The man who thinks a tackle is dangling your leg out hopelessly. He might be better if it was his middle leg.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 28, 2011, 01:30:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Where's Mason?

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 28, 2011, 02:14:19 pm by Shawndrfc »
Just seen on DROS they have done a write up on the practise match, most of the players who havent started or been in the sqaud last 2 games played. they had 2 trialists, on probably being Chimbonda and a CB, has Will McKay got any of them looking for a club atm.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 28, 2011, 02:21:40 pm by MachoMadness »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=187082
Where's Mason?

Played the full 90 according to DROS.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 28, 2011, 03:17:12 pm by wing commander »
Again opinions vary,i am Oster's biggest fan but i didnt think he had one of his better games but he certainley was a lot better than Gillette and Hayter who i both think are living on borrowed time..
   Coppinger has really got to sort his game out or he will be another in the wilderness absolutely hopeless first half,if he put as much effort into his game as stood with his hand in the air appealing he would be much better..He improved as the game went on but not to anywhere near the level he can or maybe could play at....
   When Sharp is fit to start he will replace Hayter,and Coppinger should be replaced by Bennett or the lalovic....

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 28, 2011, 04:08:58 pm by CJK »
I was very worried with some of the performances in the first half. Copps was awful for the first 50 minutes and then suddendly turned in the sort of form we expect from his once Sharp was on. O'Connor had possibly one of his worst games for us again, thats two in the space of three days, where has the real Jimmy O'Connor got to? I'm undecided on Oster, credit to him for playing out of his comfort zone, i.e. getting forward more and moving with the ball but his decision making was abysmal especially in the first half, hoofing the ball into the corners rather than looking to keep pocession if nothing was on.

Martis just seems to do what is necessary at the moment, what worries me is that we have no pace in either of the two centre halves at the moment, that will surely be exploited at some point. George Friend gets better and better. Stock and Gillet had brilliant games in the middle, especially in the second half when Stock absolutely bossed the midfield and looked the (almost) world class ball player he is. Gillet continues to grow and grow, not literally obviously.

Up front Hayter looked knackered, plenty of options for Saturday to replace him, Milan looks to impress every time he is on the pitch and Sharp will surely be hoping for a start sooner or later. Bennett could also get the nod.

All in all we've had two great second half performances and two terribly first half performances. Let's see what happens.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 28, 2011, 04:41:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Where's Mason?

Played the full 90 according to DROS.

Good. Where's Bouhenna ??

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 28, 2011, 06:26:24 pm by The Red Baron »
Unless it was a slip of the keyboard, the DROS article said the game was played at the Keepmoat. Have the SMC relented- usually they won't let us near the pitch other than on match days?

Bouhenna and Keegan were the ones missing I might have been expecting to see- maybe they are still not quite ready to play following their injuries.

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 28, 2011, 06:35:06 pm by Wade Falana »
Bouhenna's injured his foot/ankle. He was wearing a rehab boot last night.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 28, 2011, 06:51:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Unless it was a slip of the keyboard, the DROS article said the game was played at the Keepmoat. Have the SMC relented- usually they won't let us near the pitch other than on match days?

Having a concourse wall built, allowing us to use the pitch on non match days. Are the SMC sucking up to their future employers ????

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 28, 2011, 06:56:21 pm by RedJ »
Just looking at the thread about it on the POY board, they make it sound like it's some kind of revolution and a brutal dictator is in the process of being overthrown :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012