Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:04:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Craig Alcock  (Read 4979 times)

Scooter

• VSC Member
Craig Alcock
« on April 19, 2016, 11:47:30 pm by Scooter »
I thought he put in a great performance tonight. He was solid and MoM for me

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Craig Alcock
« Reply #1 on April 20, 2016, 08:53:48 am by selby »
 Another player who over the last few games has given everything for the cause.
  Thats all we can ask, the rest is down to fate,and the two points we gave away in the first match of the season.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 20, 2016, 08:56:32 am by grayx »
Thought he played well last night, unlike Lund who i thought looked a liability.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 20, 2016, 08:58:35 am by Donnywolf »
Thought he played well last night, unlike Lund who i thought looked a liability.

Yes Alcock giving it all - and good header for his size !

Is Lund getting a bit feisty and anyone see why he got booked ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 20, 2016, 09:15:59 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby
Aye. That and the fact that this same bunch of players were dogshite for 2 months when it mattered.

I can't deal with this "they are giving it their all" ballacks. As if that is something to be applauded. That is the first bleeding pre-requisite. When you have been as f**king awful as we were from Jan-March, "giving your all" for the last half dozen games is not enough. You have to find something extra. We didn't do that last night. We were OK. Competent. We tried. And in the crucial moments, like their goal and Williams's miss, we failed.

Trying hard now is, to be honest, just rubbing salt in the wounds. This group of players has failed spectacularly and they should be f**king well ashamed of themselves. They have not dug into their souls and demanded excellence. Or even competence for long stretches of time. Finding a bit of competence when it is too late is hardly something to cheer.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 20, 2016, 10:39:40 am by mrfrostsdad »
Selby
Aye. That and the fact that this same bunch of players were dogshite for 2 months when it mattered.

I can't deal with this "they are giving it their all" ballacks. As if that is something to be applauded. That is the first bleeding pre-requisite. When you have been as f**king awful as we were from Jan-March, "giving your all" for the last half dozen games is not enough. You have to find something extra. We didn't do that last night. We were OK. Competent. We tried. And in the crucial moments, like their goal and Williams's miss, we failed.

Trying hard now is, to be honest, just rubbing salt in the wounds. This group of players has failed spectacularly and they should be f**king well ashamed of themselves. They have not dug into their souls and demanded excellence. Or even competence for long stretches of time. Finding a bit of competence when it is too late is hardly something to cheer.

Well said Billy. You only got one thing wrong: we were dogshite for 3 months 😄😱

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 20, 2016, 11:02:38 am by RoversAlias »
Fair comments BST and I agree with the sentiment but it does no good at this point to continue moaning about the 2-3 months of shite now they are giving it a go, because at least they have found something the last few games. We've had the endless doom and gloom, I for one am ready to be a bit more upbeat about all matters even if we are on the precipice of the drop.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 21, 2016, 01:37:05 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I criticized him when he first signed, i know it's not saying much, but he has been one of our most consistent performers, but i still don't like him at centre back, right back is where he is best.
His instincts are good in the middle, he is more of a defender than most of them, it's just the height thing for me, he just isn't big enough.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 21, 2016, 11:00:41 am by Retdon1 »
I criticized him when he first signed, i know it's not saying much, but he has been one of our most consistent performers, but i still don't like him at centre back, right back is where he is best.
His instincts are good in the middle, he is more of a defender than most of them, it's just the height thing for me, he just isn't big enough.

I think he is much better at centre half. He doesn't offer enough going forward at right back. For his lack of height he is very good in the air.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 21, 2016, 11:38:25 am by selby »
Billy, I agree with you entirly, but to me a good finish to the season is imperative.
  Both our managers this season have failed to get the best out of the players we have ,and whether we avoid relegation or not, big decisions should be being made now at board level to improve things for next season.
  Myself, I am open minded about the current manager carrying on next season, and would ere on the side of keeping him,but I want to see some proactive decisions made at senior managment level to arrest the slide we are currently in.
   Off the field, the club seams to be going from strength to strength, a great stadium set up, which is being well used for off the field activities bringing extra revanue to the club.
   If we can get this side correct, and improve year on year,why cant we get the playing side right without throwing masses of money at it.
   Mcindoe,Green,Foster,andRyan would all breeze into our present side on ability and attitude, and were non league players with us.
   A better scouting set up from top to youth level would be my priority and
 if heads must roll to bring improvments about so be it.   

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 21, 2016, 06:25:40 pm by Al4475 »
Agree with everything there selby - altho the pedant in me will point out that macca wasn't a non-league player with us - he was signed on the eve of the first season back in the league! Lol!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 21, 2016, 07:21:02 pm by mushRTID »
Selby

Superb post. Even if they continue playing ok for these last few games, I won't be clapping any of the f**kers off on the final day.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 21, 2016, 10:57:23 pm by dickos1 »
I bet you will if we beat Burton to stay up

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 22, 2016, 07:07:23 am by Northants Nomad »
I bet you will if we beat Burton to stay up

Yes, I would...but we won't.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 23, 2016, 08:48:57 am by BigH »

...Mcindoe,Green,Foster,andRyan would all breeze into our present side on ability and attitude, and were non league players with us.

That'd be John Ryan??...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 23, 2016, 08:51:12 am by RedJ »
Tim Ryan.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 23, 2016, 09:09:27 am by Donnywolf »

...Mcindoe,Green,Foster,andRyan would all breeze into our present side on ability and attitude, and were non league players with us.

That'd be John Ryan??...

... as a Player he was over rated I thought. I don't think he got a single touch in his entire career did he ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012