Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:18:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The boards plan  (Read 2490 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
The boards plan
« on May 01, 2016, 01:14:14 pm by MrFrost »
2 or so gears ago was develop a playing squad of:

An experienced pro in each position.
An up and coming pro in each position
A youngster with strong potential in each position.

What has happened to it? I'd really like to know.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: The boards plan
« Reply #1 on May 01, 2016, 01:15:31 pm by dickos1 »
Who you asking?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 01, 2016, 01:17:07 pm by Yorkiered »
Well there are plenty of people on here who  claim to know.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 01, 2016, 01:17:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Wasn't that the beginning of this season? It came about after that friendly where Dickov missed the first half because he was too busy in a meeting with Baldwin.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 01, 2016, 01:24:14 pm by MrFrost »
Wasn't that the beginning of this season? It came about after that friendly where Dickov missed the first half because he was too busy in a meeting with Baldwin.

Thought it was the beginning of last season after the take over shambles.

Either way, it is clear it isn't happening

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 01, 2016, 01:26:59 pm by Nudga »
Bloody hell Frosty, this about the seventh or eighth thread on similar stuff thst you've posted since six o'clock yesterday

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 01, 2016, 01:29:44 pm by MrFrost »
Bloody hell Frosty, this about the seventh or eighth thread on similar stuff thst you've posted since six o'clock yesterday

This is the first one i've started on this subject because it only just sprung to mind. I'm surrised more people arent wondering why we have abandoned what sounded a very sound plan.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 01, 2016, 01:36:27 pm by Jonathan »
That plan always sounded like a load of nonsense and so it has turned out. I think the way that was hurriedly articulated stands up for justified criticism.

However, in the time that has elapsed since, in particular the summer just gone, there has been some pretty significant investment in the playing staff (I'm thinking Stuckman, Chaplow, Williams in particular, all of whom were celebrated at the time) that doesn't seem to reflect any notion that the Board are disinterested. Those signings haven't worked out, for whatever reason, but it's very easy to go back and imply we had no ambition. I don't think it felt that way at the time.

The Board is certainly not immune from criticism, and relegation should result in a review of lots of the decisions made over a sustained period, but you can't hold them responsible for every on-field capitulation. We have just not been good enough.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 01, 2016, 01:41:49 pm by MrFrost »
That plan always sounded like a load of nonsense and so it has turned out. I think the way that was hurriedly articulated stands up for justified criticism.

However, in the time that has elapsed since, in particular the summer just gone, there has been some pretty significant investment in the playing staff (I'm thinking Stuckman, Chaplow, Williams in particular, all of whom were celebrated at the time) that doesn't seem to reflect any notion that the Board are disinterested. Those signings haven't worked out, for whatever reason, but it's very easy to go back and imply we had no ambition. I don't think it felt that way at the time.

The Board is certainly not immune from criticism, and relegation should result in a review of lots of the decisions made over a sustained period, but you can't hold them responsible for every on-field capitulation. We have just not been good enough.

Whilst I don't suggest those who own the club who sell, those who are making decisions at board level (Baldwin, Blunt) don't seem to have a plan in place that has substance.
The plan i've mentioned above would back this up, as while it sounded good in practice, has never been implemented.

We need a leader at the top.

bally1950

« Reply #9 on May 01, 2016, 04:16:33 pm by bally1950 »
Right How is this plan.

Firstly the players but as it is still in season some of this may not be feasible. As on another thread stick Main in the Development and boot cleaning duties for the reason given.

Tyson and Coppinger are seasoned professional but now I think are only squad players, next term I would give them coaching roles similar to Jones where they are a squad player but both take charge of The Development Team affairs.

Other squad players at best would be Middleton, Pugh. Lund. Marosi and Manderville (There is your regular bench possibly)
Keepers, I am not sure if Stuckman will be here but I would still give first shot to Neil from Vale.

I would move Alcock and Evina to right wing R/M/F and Left wing L?M?F respectively with Mc Cullock as defending midfielder and Butler at centre half.

again I do not know if these are going to be here. But then Release for certain Mc Kenzie and ATS. I believe that Calder. Rowe Anderson and maybe but not sure on Grant to be with us next term but release, pay up or tell the rest to find clubs, again just my thoughts. I would then bring in 2 c/h and 2 f/b a couple of strikers and a couple of midfielders. that should see us through.

NOW FOR CLUB.

Make the South and North Stands pay on the day with both side stands ticket only..Yes I know, I know..Many of you have already bought Season Tickets at L1 prices, to compliment this I would give a complimentary ticket to the holder of ST for every cup fixture in any competition next term in the hope that it would equate to the lower charge.

Entry to games be a maximum of £20 then concessions etc.
I would ensure Stewards are fully trained and more radios are available to have contact with the control room where the crowds are monitored.

Friendlies for the first team would all take part next season at home, this would generate some income, games against Both Sheffield Clubs, Rotherham and Barnsley.
Friendlies for the Development SW would all be away at enclosed grounds locally which would continue good relations (Needed very much) at Bentley if they still have Old Vics Round Dunscroft. Thorne, Rossington and Edlington again if Yorkshire Main Ground still ther, if any of the afore mentioned is not viable then Mexborough.

I would scrub the academy  numbers, there are too many kids going nowhere, but not to losse them I would point them to local area teams. I would retain only u14/ u16/ and u18. Probably unpopular but costs will be prohibitive.

JUST A PLAN

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 01, 2016, 04:25:22 pm by The Red Baron »
You can't have half an academy. You either keep it as it is or scrap it completely and just have a development side.

bally1950

« Reply #11 on May 01, 2016, 04:27:41 pm by bally1950 »
Ok I did not know that. I believe the Development Squad may be in jeopardy. So Scrub my comment on the Academy..But does it serve any purpose. in the eyes of the club..Not argument just aquestion

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 01, 2016, 04:32:55 pm by wilts rover »
The board should have nothing to do with the playing side of the football club - end of.

They should decide on a football budget, appoint a manager and give him that budge to manage. They should support the manager in giving out contracts to the players he wants - but they should have no influence whatsoever on who those players are.

It makes sense to have an experienced first team and then young, eager players coming through from a development squad, but if they are not good enough, they are not good enough. That is down to them and the manager.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 01, 2016, 04:38:13 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Said it before, we need a football man at board level, call him DoF or whatever you want but with a hierarchy so lacking in football knowledge we need somebody in there to help them make the best decisions.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 01, 2016, 04:40:48 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Right How is this plan.

Firstly the players but as it is still in season some of this may not be feasible. As on another thread stick Main in the Development and boot cleaning duties for the reason given.

Tyson and Coppinger are seasoned professional but now I think are only squad players, next term I would give them coaching roles similar to Jones where they are a squad player but both take charge of The Development Team affairs.

Other squad players at best would be Middleton, Pugh. Lund. Marosi and Manderville (There is your regular bench possibly)
Keepers, I am not sure if Stuckman will be here but I would still give first shot to Neil from Vale.

I would move Alcock and Evina to right wing R/M/F and Left wing L?M?F respectively with Mc Cullock as defending midfielder and Butler at centre half.

again I do not know if these are going to be here. But then Release for certain Mc Kenzie and ATS. I believe that Calder. Rowe Anderson and maybe but not sure on Grant to be with us next term but release, pay up or tell the rest to find clubs, again just my thoughts. I would then bring in 2 c/h and 2 f/b a couple of strikers and a couple of midfielders. that should see us through.

NOW FOR CLUB.

Make the South and North Stands pay on the day with both side stands ticket only..Yes I know, I know..Many of you have already bought Season Tickets at L1 prices, to compliment this I would give a complimentary ticket to the holder of ST for every cup fixture in any competition next term in the hope that it would equate to the lower charge.

Entry to games be a maximum of £20 then concessions etc.
I would ensure Stewards are fully trained and more radios are available to have contact with the control room where the crowds are monitored.

Friendlies for the first team would all take part next season at home, this would generate some income, games against Both Sheffield Clubs, Rotherham and Barnsley.
Friendlies for the Development SW would all be away at enclosed grounds locally which would continue good relations (Needed very much) at Bentley if they still have Old Vics Round Dunscroft. Thorne, Rossington and Edlington again if Yorkshire Main Ground still ther, if any of the afore mentioned is not viable then Mexborough.

I would scrub the academy  numbers, there are too many kids going nowhere, but not to losse them I would point them to local area teams. I would retain only u14/ u16/ and u18. Probably unpopular but costs will be prohibitive.

JUST A PLAN

If you really think that all this will happen, we will get rid of the majority of the squad and bring in the likes of Rowe and Anderson, you are truly living in cloud cuckoo land. On a League 2 budget??
Not saying I disagree, just that it won't happen

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 01, 2016, 04:41:18 pm by The Red Baron »
Ok I did not know that. I believe the Development Squad may be in jeopardy. So Scrub my comment on the Academy..But does it serve any purpose. in the eyes of the club..Not argument just aquestion

Ferguson wasn't happy with the Development Side, although I don't know why. It may be that he doesn't think the league we play in is competitive enough, or it may be the infrequency of games.

By the way, they play the final game of their season tomorrow, at Cantley Park against Gateshead.

bally1950

« Reply #16 on May 01, 2016, 05:09:06 pm by bally1950 »
Well I have started a debate. Yes I understand the budget but perhaps money is not going to be everything for once by players. I doubt it but you never knw, anyway it was just to kick things off. I have read all the suicidal posts since yesterday. I just do not want to cut my throat yet. I would rather just give up and stay quiet

TinyPortal © 2005-2012