Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:40:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Departures  (Read 4386 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Departures
« on June 16, 2016, 08:39:16 am by Chris Black come back »
Of the senior squad players, we seem to have had precious few departures so far:

Tyson
Errrrm?

Am sure these will unwind as preseason approaches but at present we have a large squad and plenty there who clearly don't figure in the plans of Ferguson.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Departures
« Reply #1 on June 16, 2016, 08:42:10 am by The Red Baron »
D-day for Chaplow is the end of this month. I have a feeling we will have interest in Main and Stuckmann but not sure about the others.

There is still a long way to go before the window closes though.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 16, 2016, 08:47:14 am by jonnydog »
I'd keep Stucky.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 16, 2016, 08:48:51 am by IDM »
I can see a few going out on loan late in the window.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 16, 2016, 08:57:57 am by The Red Baron »
I can see a few going out on loan late in the window.

I agree.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 16, 2016, 09:36:09 am by wing commander »
    I suspect we are at the stage now, were we have done our business that we can do and anything further will be dependent on moving some out..It wouldn't surprise me if even one or two who weren't transfer listed move on too if there's any interest, even on a free like Evina,Keegan and maybe even Lund...Moving players out could be difficult...Mckenzie signed a 2 year deal on league 1 wages but only a league 2 team will be interested in him and cheaper options will be out there....Main who was probably hoping to go to Oldham finds that route now blocked due to their change of manager..So like what has been said Rovers might find themselves letting a few out on season long loans and still having to pay some of the wages....

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 16, 2016, 10:35:24 am by SydneyRover »
If the new team has a good start and is able to maintain a good position in L2 then the increasing gate will help cover the outgoings. I would think that the money spent on players this year could possibly be looked as a two year investment cycle.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 16, 2016, 11:02:20 am by drfchound »
    I suspect we are at the stage now, were we have done our business that we can do and anything further will be dependent on moving some out..It wouldn't surprise me if even one or two who weren't transfer listed move on too if there's any interest, even on a free like Evina,Keegan and maybe even Lund...Moving players out could be difficult...Mckenzie signed a 2 year deal on league 1 wages but only a league 2 team will be interested in him and cheaper options will be out there....Main who was probably hoping to go to Oldham finds that route now blocked due to their change of manager..So like what has been said Rovers might find themselves letting a few out on season long loans and still having to pay some of the wages....

Wouldn't Mckenzies contract have also have had a relegation wage reduction clause too?
As for Main, maybe the former Oldham manager will come for him at his new club?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 16, 2016, 11:05:53 am by The Red Baron »
I was trying to think of who the  "famous five" were. I remembered Main and Stuckmann, no problem. Also Mackenzie and Whitehouse. But I was damned if I could think of the last one!

Of course, the invisible man himself, Mr Toe, aka Dany N'Guessan.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 16, 2016, 11:22:05 am by Wild Rover »
I suppose all the "transfer listed" players will be holding out for a pay off, no doubt negotiations are on going.
It is not a huge amount to FULLY pay off the lot ( if you have the wealth of TB/DW and assuming each is on 4K a week ), just over a million, but the board will be negotiating a much lower figure if possible.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 16, 2016, 11:34:08 am by idler »
But a million would be more than 25% of our probable wage bill.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 16, 2016, 12:15:30 pm by Wild Rover »
So...what do TB/DW do, keep paying them wages for a year or however long contract is, or pay them off( at a reduced amount ). Same result, just over/slightly less than  a million.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 16, 2016, 05:37:22 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Mckenzie signed a 2 year deal on league 1 wages but only a league 2 team will be interested in him and cheaper options will be out there.

Surely all contracts would include a clause for a salary reduction should we get relegated? If not, then they should.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 16, 2016, 05:41:58 pm by NickDRFC »
Mckenzie signed a 2 year deal on league 1 wages but only a league 2 team will be interested in him and cheaper options will be out there.

Surely all contracts would include a clause for a salary reduction should we get relegated? If not, then they should.

You'd have thought that Curtis Main's loan contract with Oldham would have included a recall clause that we could instigate if necessary. It didn't. I don't hold out too much hope for any contracts signed before about December last year having a clause for reduced wages after relegation, although I'd have thought that hopefully whoever is drawing up the contracts now has a bit more sense after having our fingers burnt.

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 17, 2016, 12:16:10 pm by essexrover »
Luke McCullough is another im a bit wary of. He might want to move & not be playing in League 2, risking his international career. It will also depend on what sort of contract he's on & what sort of agent he's got I suppose.

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 17, 2016, 06:31:40 pm by Tiddysdad »
Keegan?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 18, 2016, 03:13:19 am by Sammy Chung was King »
A lot of them will be on manager lists, once other options are signed, they will steadily leave the club.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012