Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:36:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saturday  (Read 4471 times)

bradford exile

• Forum Member
Saturday
« on September 14, 2016, 01:10:12 pm by bradford exile »

Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but by my reckoning Rovers are the only team in the top 7 to be playing at home this weekend.

Great chance to move up the table..

Regards

Ray

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Saturday
« Reply #1 on September 14, 2016, 01:31:31 pm by NickDRFC »
Was about to say unlikely given we're shite at home but given we've won 4 from our last 6 league home games and drawn the other 2 maybe we're not really anymore!

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 14, 2016, 04:27:44 pm by Mike_F »
Mrs. F's Cousin is a Newport fan so I'm meeting him in town for a few pre-match shandies at which point I'll be extolling the virtues of our rejuvenated side's flowing football. A dire 1-0 defeat it is then.

darren61

« Reply #3 on September 14, 2016, 05:58:10 pm by darren61 »
Mrs. F's Cousin is a Newport fan so I'm meeting him in town for a few pre-match shandies at which point I'll be extolling the virtues of our rejuvenated side's flowing football. A dire 1-0 defeat it is then.
I really know where you are coming from, but if we have a decent start to the match and grab an early goal and settle down to business, score 3+ ,that would really show the rest of this dire league what we are about. Its easy to expect the worst supporting our club, but at some point we have to believe we are going to kick ass, no matter who we play.  :scarf:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 14, 2016, 06:12:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think it would be fair to say there are many out there who are looking for a sign to show the dire home form is behind us and things are really on the up.

Saturday is an ideal opportunity to make that statement. Even then, I'm sure there will be the sceptics who think we should be winning at a canter in League Two.

All I can say is, I'm enjoying what I'm seeing. I've been thoroughly entertained so come on down and join the party!

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 14, 2016, 06:45:43 pm by karldew »
Think we'll score another 3 or 4 goals myself. Really enjoying the football we are playing, even in the games we've lost in!

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 14, 2016, 07:04:15 pm by mattco »
First game against Newport since Feb 1987.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 14, 2016, 08:19:56 pm by Dutch Uncle »
According to Newport we have never played them. I guess that means as a phoenix club they are distancing themselves from their former selves, although the Sky Football annual ceratainly doesn' t.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 14, 2016, 09:49:23 pm by ravenrover »
Crikey went there on a Tuesday night way back when, went on the Yorkshire Traccie. Think we drew. Wasn't the  old Newport ground a speedway stadium ?

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 15, 2016, 12:12:00 am by RedRover45 »
Yep, went to Somerton Park about four times

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 15, 2016, 01:55:37 am by BobG »
I liked the place. Big, open and bloody freezing! Mind you, as Kitch scored the best goal I have ever seen, I suppose if it'd been played on a bog I'd still have fond memories of the place.

BobG

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 15, 2016, 07:47:41 am by The Red Baron »
According to Newport we have never played them. I guess that means as a phoenix club they are distancing themselves from their former selves, although the Sky Football annual ceratainly doesn' t.

Another of their previews says they last played us in February 1987, which is correct. Mind you, it also claims Jeremy Clarkson is a fan. Just because he turned up once and took the piss out of us.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 15, 2016, 11:59:53 am by BobG »
I wonder if we could claim Lesley Garrett and Diana Rigg as well then....

Bob

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 17, 2016, 03:04:40 am by Sammy Chung was King »
These are our 'danger' games. The one's where we struggle to break teams down, lose patience and concede a sloppy goal. We need a good early goal start then keep going.
Newport are a pretty solid team but we have to win our home games, just don't take it for granted, earn it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 17, 2016, 09:47:07 am by drfchound »
I think we all know that today won't be an open game.
I expect us to have the ball for most of the time while they sit nine men behind the ball.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 17, 2016, 09:58:29 am by Draytonian III »
I went to Newport in the 80's ,I seem to remember Gordon Owen and Terry Austin scored and we won 2-1 . Going to check Rothmans now

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 17, 2016, 10:00:08 am by wilts rover »

Another of their previews says they last played us in February 1987, which is correct. Mind you, it also claims Jeremy Clarkson is a fan. Just because he turned up once and took the piss out of us.

Is that the one which says the player to watch is Gary McShefrey? Well up to date they are!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012