Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:15:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Praise needed  (Read 3351 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
Praise needed
« on February 11, 2023, 04:57:38 pm by Upton Rover »
Just like to give the team praise for today’s performance, it’s nice to give some positive praise rather than negative, I wasn’t there so if you were how good were we??
I did see that we gave many silly fouls away, but not a negative
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 05:41:32 pm by Upton Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
Re: Praise needed
« Reply #1 on February 11, 2023, 05:03:05 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Defensively we didn’t give them a credible chance. Easily our strongest back line today, all being well, that back line has to start from now until the end of the season. I thought at times miller and Molyneux were poor, but so glad he’s finally popped up with some goals, at a crucial time in our campaign, we could really do with him hitting form now the first goals have gone in.

Solid from the wing backs and midfield today, worked their socks off.

Clean sheets back to back and up to 9th well done boys keep up the hard work and the confidence will come flowing back!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 11, 2023, 05:05:33 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Team of thieves today. Robbing the ball from Swindon very well today. Good to see more aggressive play.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 11, 2023, 05:05:50 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Yes i will add to that, thought we played well today, consistent in both halves. We pressed high up well as a team too. Looked much better at the back without Williams too, alot more solid.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 11, 2023, 05:06:22 pm by keith79 »
The commentator said we looked well-oiled

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 11, 2023, 05:06:53 pm by Spilsby Red »
Fantastic. Wasn’t there but what a result. Maybe just maybe we could get 3 on the trot on Tuesday.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 11, 2023, 05:10:22 pm by since-1969 »
Just like to give the team praise for today’s performance, it’s nice to give some positive praise rather than negative, I wasn’t there so if you were how good were we??
I did see that we gave many silly fouls away, but no a negative
Solid performances from everyone . Luke Molyneux needed this , he’s struggled to make an impact in many games , so hopefully he can kick on and become great provider of goals .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 11, 2023, 05:12:37 pm by Campsall rover »
I like Brown.

Not missing Knoyle one little bit.

Olowu is different class to Williams. He is a defender not just by name. He actually can do the basics like heading a ball forwards.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 11, 2023, 05:15:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Not bad for a novice coach, sitting just behind a more experienced illustrious name in the table.

Big shout for all the lads today, looking good with Olowu back and Nelson warming to the task.

Chuffed for Luke. He can relax a bit now and let it flow after perhaps trying too hard at times.

Starting to look stronger with the subs bench backing up the starting XI. Any manager would struggle with key players out injured for long periods and hopefully now DS will benefit where Wellens and McSheffrey struggled.

One game at a time, slowly but surely does it. COYR.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 05:20:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 11, 2023, 05:15:38 pm by LincolnDonny »
They all worked hard at closing the opponents down.

We look a better defence with Olowu playing.

Well done to Tom Anderson marshalling the defence.

They all were busting a gut right to the end ......

Brown was soooooo close to sliding 1 in at the end.

Well taken goals.

Well done to Mitchell commanding his area ...AND hes learning to keep the ball on the pitch, I only counted once went out.

So A well done to all.

............just beggars belief at how we played at home the other day?

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 11, 2023, 05:22:42 pm by swain_drfc »
Thought Schofield got his tactics spot on today! Credit where it’s due!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 11, 2023, 05:29:26 pm by Campsall rover »
Solid performances from everyone . Luke Molyneux needed this , he’s struggled to make an impact in many games , so hopefully he can kick on and become great provider of goals .
Are we still National League contenders? 
We looked a well organised team today. That was almost the perfect away performance.
Yes Swindon were poor but I think that’s mostly because we got in their faces, got tackles in and worked really hard on and off the ball.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 11, 2023, 05:36:28 pm by Prez »
Cracking result that, much admit after recent performances I didn’t see that coming. Delighted for Luke as well, he must be so relieved to finally break his duck. Will do a world of good for his confidence.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 11, 2023, 05:39:50 pm by Upton Rover »
We looked a well organised team today. That was almost the perfect away performance.
Yes Swindon were poor but I think that’s mostly because we got in their faces, got tackles in and worked really hard on and off the ball.
There are a lot of poor teams in this division that I have seen, and we were one of the poorest, however if we can get it right we can push for promotion, I’m sure these back to back wins will give the team stacks of confidence and hope it can be the start of a decent run, a good run at this time in the season is just what the whole team and fans need.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 11, 2023, 05:41:36 pm by tommy toes »
Unbelievably good performance when matched against what we've seen lately.
Controlled the game from start to finish, pressed well, won the second balls, played from back to front.
Looked solid at the back and then Molinyeux pops up with two great goals.
More of the same please!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 11, 2023, 05:43:24 pm by drfchound »
When did we last win three in a row?
It seems like ages ago.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 11, 2023, 05:47:49 pm by Campsall rover »
It seems like ages ago.
Has to be season 20/21 hound under DM

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 11, 2023, 05:48:04 pm by jmt23 »
Nice to read some of the more negative Nigel’s praising the team!

It could, and should have been a big score for us, if I was DS I would be happy with the result, the clean sheet, but concerned we created sitters and didn’t finish them. 4 or 5-0 would have flattered them!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 11, 2023, 05:50:34 pm by since-1969 »
It’s a win that’s all we needed , but with 15-16 games to go it’s anyone’s guess  if we are going to keep it going . This season was meant to be a promising one but it’s only just showed anything like . As L2 maybe our starting place next season ,  the “Meet the Owners” annual BS event has to bring better news for next season or it could an even more challenging again!

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 11, 2023, 05:52:00 pm by Dutch Uncle »
It seems like ages ago.

This season  :ohmy:

Matches 4, 5, and 6 wins against Stockport, Salford and Northampton and we all thought is was going so well under GMcS  :lol:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 11, 2023, 05:54:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Must be the highest player ratings of the season, particularly from the defensive unit.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/excellent-a-good-find-doncaster-rovers-player-ratings-after-impressive-swindon-town-win-4023670?page=1

So good to hear it was a 90 minute performance.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 11, 2023, 05:57:14 pm by Campsall rover »
It seems like ages ago.

This season  :ohmy:

Matches 4, 5, and 6 wins against Stockport, Salford and Northampton and we all thought is was going so well under GMcS  :lol:
Just testing you DU    I knew that all along.  :chair:

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 11, 2023, 05:59:08 pm by Canadian Rover »
Much much much better.

The fans were right about the defence being stronger without RSW (this isn't negative) with Olowu back we had more pace and seemed to sit higher and press more.

DS also brought Rowe back on in a natural position!! Thanks be to God.

Entertaining, hard working and enjoyable! Miller worked hard today and one thing we can agree on; the Rovers fan love a forward that works hard and is committed to the cause.

Only negative for today is that the website didn't work on Ifollow.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 11, 2023, 06:00:28 pm by mpc123 »
Like many I've been very critical of the club and the team, but today the team played well. 2 good finishes hopefully that kicks him on bit now

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 11, 2023, 06:04:33 pm by Filo »
We saw something today that has been missing all season, the higher press and winning the ball in the opposition half, long may it continue

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 11, 2023, 06:08:08 pm by donnievic »
Very solid at the back with limiting them to very few shots which were blocked or long remanded efforts,wouldnt say we gave away silly fouls away either really,2 good finishes by molyneux and another couple chances were final ball wasn’t great  but no doubt the moaners will have to moan about their keeper only having to make one save

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 11, 2023, 06:08:16 pm by Alan Southstand »
Just got back after a long drive back visiting family, so what a nice surprise that result was/is.

Also, great to see another clean sheet and Molyneux, at long last, has joined the party - a well done from me.

Now, can we do another one? Or is that tempting fate?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 11, 2023, 06:30:28 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Must be the highest player ratings of the season, particularly from the defensive unit.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/excellent-a-good-find-doncaster-rovers-player-ratings-after-impressive-swindon-town-win-4023670?page=1

So good to hear it was a 90 minute performance.

The fella on the Swindon commentary thought Close was MoM

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 11, 2023, 06:30:58 pm by Lesonthewest »
Loved watching that today, it's what we have been starved of for too long, more organised, Lakin gave us more solidity in midfield, Nelson & Brown look excellent signings, the whole defence was excellent The press was good, as was the whole performance, massive well done to everyone.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 11, 2023, 06:39:20 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Sounded as though they applied the pressure early on rather than allow the opposition to take the initiative.

Indeed the tenor throughout was of a team that did not let the opposition feel comfortable. Intensive play has not been part of the Schofield style

TinyPortal © 2005-2012