Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 04:16:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Furman - offside?  (Read 2432 times)

pubteam

Furman - offside?
« on April 14, 2013, 03:05:03 pm by pubteam »
I know officials can't get everything right, and it doesn't really matter now, but I just watched Furman's 'offside' goal on Player a few times, and I can't decide whether he's on or off...

What does everyone else think? (There were no Crewe outfield players further back out of shot, by the way. The defender stepping up next to Furman is the last defender.)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Furman - offside?
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2013, 03:08:22 pm by mutleyrover »
Looks a tight one form that pic which could have gone either way.  Unfortunately on this occasion, it went against us.

Mattwak3

« Reply #2 on April 14, 2013, 03:08:33 pm by Mattwak3 »
Looks onside to me

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2013, 03:12:17 pm by MachoMadness »
On that photo it's clearly onside, however when the ball is released he's clearly running beyond the man so it's hard to say. Very marginal either way, lucky for us it didn't cost us. Pleased we're in a position to be philosophical about it because we ended up winning!

pubteam

« Reply #4 on April 14, 2013, 03:15:11 pm by pubteam »
Well I paused it on the moment Hume played the ball, so the decision rests on that moment.

I agree it's trivial, I was just interested what others thought, as I couldn't tell at the time whether it was on/off and couldn't decide looking at the replay.

I think maybe Furman's arm is offside, as he's on the half turn, but to be offside it has to be a body part that you can score with that's offside doesn't it? Important to note that the defender's back foot is behind the rest of his body too, making the line deeper than it might look.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 14, 2013, 03:33:12 pm by andyst79 »
You can score with your arm ask Maradona!

donnymatty

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 14, 2013, 04:23:19 pm by donnymatty »
Looks onside to me just unfortunate it was given it was a good finish by him

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 14, 2013, 04:28:18 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Radio Sheff seemed to think he was onside, and the lino wasn't up with play and guessed

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 14, 2013, 04:28:29 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Does Hume pass the ball with his left or right foot? If the right then by the time he makes contact Furman might be off?

Either way a close call

pubteam

« Reply #9 on April 14, 2013, 04:43:13 pm by pubteam »
Does Hume pass the ball with his left or right foot? If the right then by the time he makes contact Furman might be off?

Either way a close call

Right foot. It's paused at the moment Hume kicks the ball.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 14, 2013, 04:47:46 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Either way a close call

Yep - looks like he is just on as far as one can tell with angle of camera. I got his legs a bit tangled at first sight - but now it is clear. Cheers PT - good freeze of the pic BTW

pubteam

« Reply #11 on April 14, 2013, 04:50:24 pm by pubteam »

Either way a close call

Yep - looks like he is just on as far as one can tell with angle of camera. I got his legs a bit tangled at first sight - but now it is clear. Cheers PT - good freeze of the pic BTW

Yeah. Took me a few attempts to get it right!!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 14, 2013, 04:56:23 pm by not on facebook »
if you are level you are onside.

from the angle of that photo,  the rovers player is just behind been level if that when the
ball has been passed forward.

so the iffy pools pannel ltd  now change result to a 1..3 to donny after appeal by the club

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 14, 2013, 04:58:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Radio Sheff seemed to think he was onside, and the lino wasn't up with play and guessed

They also thought Paynter was offside for his second goal, so it's swings and roundabouts.

pubteam

« Reply #14 on April 14, 2013, 05:06:32 pm by pubteam »

They also thought Paynter was offside for his second goal, so it's swings and roundabouts.

He was miles on. I was pretty much level with it at the time, and the replays back it up. One Crewe defender stayed deep and played him miles on.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 15, 2013, 09:35:59 am by VivaRovers »
Shows how marginal it was then as we were at the same height as Radio Sheffield doing the Player Commentary but nearer to that goal and we called it as offside at the time

TinyPortal © 2005-2012