Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:19:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What is the South Stand like?  (Read 1373 times)

PopStander

• Forum Member
What is the South Stand like?
« on October 26, 2012, 05:31:31 pm by PopStander »
Me and my brother have been sat in the West Stand at the top next to the away fans since the Keepmoat opened, we tried to create a Pop Stand atmosphere which looked to be happening but now there is a high attendance of young (chav) fans who like to sing Rovers songs 100 MPH and shout silly things to the players and other fans.

After much consideration we are thinking of moving over to the South Stand which seems to have the atmosphere we miss, we have decided to loose the banter with the away fans for a good sing-song.

Is it worth it and will we be welcome?

:scarf: :clapping: :scarf: :scarf: :clapping: :clapping: :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: What is the South Stand like?
« Reply #1 on October 26, 2012, 05:35:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
More than welcome, come in, join in and don't even wait for others to start chants jus get them going.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 26, 2012, 05:38:33 pm by PopStander »
More than welcome, come in, join in and don't even wait for others to start chants jus get them going.

We start songs home and away, that won't change! Just be nice for more than 5 to join in!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 26, 2012, 05:41:49 pm by RedJ »

We start songs home and away, that won't change! Just be nice for more than 5 to join in!

get them near the back then

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 26, 2012, 06:27:21 pm by Spankster »
but don't expect the person in front to sit down, the amount of times people come to the back of the south stand in cup games to be near the atmosphere then complain they can't see is ridicules  :suicide:

yarmouth rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 26, 2012, 06:41:17 pm by yarmouth rover »
myself and five members of my family moved from the west stand to the south stand, at the back and near the drummer. it is the best thing we did we are near the lads that stand and get you singing and i have no regrets, you watch your football you chant you laugh and you sing ( if you want to ) come on over you will not be disappointed   :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 26, 2012, 06:55:35 pm by hoolahoop »
Best seat in the house, come and join in.  :) :rtid: :welcome:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 26, 2012, 07:04:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I choose to sit in the West Stand cos my eyesight's shite, otherwise I'd be in South stand (Polypipe Pop Stand) like a shot.

It's shame at the moment that it looks half empty, as when nearly full and the drummer is in full swing backed by a thousand voices, the sound makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 26, 2012, 07:08:59 pm by stuey »
come on over you will not be disappointed 

Yes he will. The south stand is like the rest of the stadium, shite for atmosphere.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012