Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:23:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: man utd  (Read 1535 times)

ponte_ricky

• Forum Member
man utd
« on May 14, 2013, 07:59:58 am by ponte_ricky »
Just watched videos of the fans celebrations and i just cant help but think it really lacks that real passion experienced at brentford. I just feel like the premiership and top clubs lack the excitement  that the lower leagues provides

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
Re: man utd
« Reply #1 on May 14, 2013, 08:03:12 am by PaulRover08 »
Just watched videos of the fans celebrations and i just cant help but think it really lacks that real passion experienced at brentford. I just feel like the premiership and top clubs lack the excitement  that the lower leagues provides

To be fair, they had won the title weeks ago. We won it in 18 seconds. I dare say their fans would have gone loopy if they won the league in the final 18 seconds.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 14, 2013, 08:19:55 am by Rios »
There was certainly no lack of excitement or passion when Man Citeh clinched the title in the last minute last season...

ponte_ricky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 14, 2013, 10:53:32 am by ponte_ricky »
Yeah good point. My point is more that i just dont find the premiership to be very exciting. Better football yes but it just lacks something for me

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 14, 2013, 12:31:42 pm by RedJ »
Seem to be more passion at the bottom end than the top of it these days.

Still, City last season, even though they "bought the league" (sorry but who doesn't buy the best players they can with the budget they have? absolute rubbish is that statement), was unreal. Would have loved to have been there.

Like the final minute at Brentford, the commentary of that final minute at the Etihad won't be forgotten quickly.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 14, 2013, 04:34:44 pm by RobTheRover »
When fans dont HOPE to win the title, they EXPECT to win the title everything else must be an anticlimax.

Just ask the Sheff U fans.....

;)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 14, 2013, 06:25:35 pm by PDX_Rover »
Burglaries were up in Berkshire, Kent and Herfordshire as many folks were at old trafford...

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 14, 2013, 07:55:58 pm by wilts rover »

What on earth are you doing watching Man U videos, I've got a load of cycling ones I can give you!

But I agree with the people who say that the celebrations are always greater when you win something without expecting it, than when you do, Wigan being a case. The problem with the premiership is that it is such a closed shop with only three teams with any actual expectation of winning the thing it becomes irrelevant. The bottom of the division has been enthralling tho.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 14, 2013, 08:17:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Fortunately there is still scope to take a well managed, well coached teams to places their budgets say they shouldn't be.

That's the joy of football these days to see teams like Swansea, Wigan, Blackpool, Hull, Watford, Reading mix it with the big boys and £ for point show who are the better managed.

I can't imagine what it's like to be a Man U, Man City, Chelsea supporter and saying "We should be beating the likes of...everyone!"   

TinyPortal © 2005-2012