Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:04:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Keepmoat Stadium & Atmosphere  (Read 1770 times)

PopStander

• Forum Member
The Keepmoat Stadium & Atmosphere
« on October 05, 2015, 01:10:58 pm by PopStander »
Two things that have never, before this season been in the same sentence.

Could this be the reason the Keepmoat is becoming a fortress?

I personally feel it is having a massive effect, on Saturday when Barnsley equalised The Black Bank got louder which will have spurred the lads on.

:scarf: :clapping: :scarf: :clapping: :scarf: :clapping: :scarf: :clapping: :scarf: :clapping: :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: The Keepmoat Stadium & Atmosphere
« Reply #1 on October 05, 2015, 01:16:30 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
....The Black Bank got louder which will have spurred the lads on....

Careful, the fingers of the "crowd encouragement factor" denialists are twitching as I type.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 05, 2015, 01:31:39 pm by IDM »
Funny how there were no "we are f**king shite" chants on Saturday during a game where our performance was not as good as Tuesday 2nd half, when we did hear those chants...

Anyway, despite a few niggles like that one, I think the improvement with atmosphere, even with still relatively low attendances, has been a big success.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 05, 2015, 01:32:25 pm by godlike1 »

I personally feel it is having a massive effect, on Saturday when Barnsley equalised The Black Bank got louder which will have spurred the lads on.

:scarf: :clapping: :scarf: :clapping: :scarf: :clapping: :scarf: :clapping: :scarf: :clapping: :scarf:

I agree.

Although sitting in the west stand near the away fans noisy corner I could not help but notice that the west and east stands are devoid of any atmosphere now and that the blank bank noise did not overshout that of the away fans.  I'm sure greater numbers will help in time but the sound does not travel well around the keepmoat as i'm sure people will say that they could hardly hear the Barnsley lot

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 05, 2015, 01:36:26 pm by PopStander »

I agree.

Although sitting in the west stand near the away fans noisy corner I could not help but notice that the west and east stands are devoid of any atmosphere now and that the blank bank noise did not overshout that of the away fans.  I'm sure greater numbers will help in time but the sound does not travel well around the keepmoat as i'm sure people will say that they could hardly hear the Barnsley lot
It's a tough one, since the Keepmoat opened, I sat next to the away fans, we created some good noise and had banter with the away fans. This season I have my season ticket in the south as do all the West Stand lads I was with.

But when you think about it, its more important that the players can here The Black Bank to the halfway line and it gives them encouragement, than the away fans getting some abuse and hearing us

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 05, 2015, 01:40:34 pm by idler »

I agree.

It's a tough one, since the Keepmoat opened, I sat next to the away fans, we created some good noise and had banter with the away fans. This season I have my season ticket in the south as do all the West Stand lads I was with.

But when you think about it, its more important that the players can here The Black Bank to the halfway line and it gives them encouragement, than the away fans getting some abuse and hearing us
I think that you have got it spot on there. It was great to hear the response when we conceded. If there had been booing or negative chanting that would have caused a downward spiral of emotion and enthusiasm.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 05, 2015, 04:31:23 pm by Askern_reds »
funny how some moan about swearing in songs and moaning about black bank, yet the no ones moaned atal about the most disgusting song I've ever herd at a game and I'm no prude and have stuck up for the kids in there all season, but chuffin hell you got to draw a line when there singing Whats it like to f**k your mam,

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 05, 2015, 04:34:56 pm by Yorkiered »
It's called double standards Askern.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 05, 2015, 04:40:22 pm by graingrover »
It must be terrible for you guys in West stand to have to sit there trying to compare noise volumes from BB and away end ..

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 05, 2015, 05:13:08 pm by Yorkiered »
It is generally the away fans who make most noise (subject to numbers of course). We are no different. Rovers fans away from home are brilliant and no doubt a great many of those who join in away from home sit quietly at the home games. (Myself included)

Andy Samuel

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 05, 2015, 05:30:45 pm by Andy Samuel »
It's no 'popside' in the early/mid 90s but keep up the good work. Maybe Santa could scream "come on you can beat these southern Jessies" just before kick off or we could all sing "you're getting wet,you're getting wet,we're not were not" great days!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012