Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:03:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Louis Tomlinson ??  (Read 40048 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Louis Tomlinson ??
« Reply #240 on April 06, 2016, 10:54:05 pm by MrFrost »
The argument that the club hold the "fan base in such contempt that they don't give a f**k what the fans think." is b*llocks.

If that were true, there would have been no kit competition these past few years, there would be no pay on gate, there would be no un-allocated stand or black bank, there would be no smoking bubbles at half time, there would't be a meet the owners evening, there wouldn't be a supporters board, there wouldn't be an 1879 beer, the CEO wouldn't sit down 1 on 1 with moaning fans to listen to their views, management wouldn't sit down at supporter groups AGMs.... the list can go on.

Supporters need to pick their battles when dealing with clubs over issues of fan-engagement, and this, frankly, shouldn't have ever been on the radar. I'd be suprised if the club have the same confidence going forward in dealing with the DRSG.

How much confidence do they have in the VSC?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #241 on April 06, 2016, 11:13:57 pm by Mr1Croft »
The argument that the club hold the "fan base in such contempt that they don't give a f**k what the fans think." is b*llocks.

If that were true, there would have been no kit competition these past few years, there would be no pay on gate, there would be no un-allocated stand or black bank, there would be no smoking bubbles at half time, there would't be a meet the owners evening, there wouldn't be a supporters board, there wouldn't be an 1879 beer, the CEO wouldn't sit down 1 on 1 with moaning fans to listen to their views, management wouldn't sit down at supporter groups AGMs.... the list can go on.

Supporters need to pick their battles when dealing with clubs over issues of fan-engagement, and this, frankly, shouldn't have ever been on the radar. I'd be suprised if the club have the same confidence going forward in dealing with the DRSG.

Rob can I remind you what happened last year when the club we're running a vote for the kit design and the fuss you kicked up over the lack of transparency over where the shirts had come from? When myself and others challenged you over this yourself and others claimed you were disappointed in the lack of engagement throughout the process (which appears in the minutes of a VSC Board Meeting) and a moderator on this very forum went as far as saying that fan engagement had appeared to have been abandoned. How that appeared on your agenda and a millionaire celebrity having his design short-listed by the club doesn't genuinely baffles me.

Furthermore I would like to draw your attention to the following:

"4.4. operating democratically, fairly, sustainably, transparently and with financial responsibility and encouraging the Club to do the same;"

That isn't an extract from the DRSG rules, but the VSC's which you served to protect during your time as an elected representative. Now was this decision democratic? Was it fair? Was it transparent? There is serious doubt on this and if the club putting a commercial interest over that of supporters isn't a battle worth fighting then what is?

You and I both know that football fans are often treated so badly for showing such loyalty because from a business point of view we are market that won't switch to a competitor if the product becomes sub-standard or we are unhappy with the service levels. This is as good as an example as any and the criticism it has attracted is wholly justified.

Please don't confuse this as an attempt to draw out another DRSG/VSC debate because that isn't the intention, but I have a suspicion that had the DRSG come out in support of Tomlinson winning the competition then you may have reacted differently. Our stance is based on what we feel is morally unfair and not trying to score political points. That time is past.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #242 on April 06, 2016, 11:43:27 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Contempt is a strong word however we all know occasionally when all of us at some point, when working with the club have felt let down. We all accept from the outset the 'club' are the decision makers and will ultimately have the final say.

The Lengate issue follows on from a number of other issues when we've been given promises, assurances, agreements and yet what is put in place is totally different. Yes Rob, there have been successes which you mention however with a bit more care and attention these conflicts could be avoided. How many times has Gavin had to step in and firefight?

I would have hoped the co-operation between supporter groups and the new fans board would help to improve the fan/club relationship however there's still evidence the club fails at times to consult and collectively you all fail to control the output on social media.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #243 on April 07, 2016, 07:39:21 am by Metalmicky »
I'm not looking at it that way. Of course he has the right to enter. I am talking about LT the individual and his motivations. He obviously has a motivation to become involved with the club but he isn't.

Well I would say he is - after all he's entering competitions and everything.........

Only complete sad acts enter kit competitions.

I take it your design didn't get picked eh....... :whistle:

bally1950

« Reply #244 on April 07, 2016, 07:44:45 am by bally1950 »
The kit designs have been selected. END OF. Buy if you want or do not if you don't. SIMPLES to me, because you nor anyone will ever know what is what. or who did what.

QUE SERRA SERRA

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #245 on April 07, 2016, 07:45:10 am by Sad-Rovers »
I might be falling for an obvious gag here, metalmickey but Copps is Magic WON the home kit vote.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #246 on April 07, 2016, 07:57:43 am by Metalmicky »
I might be falling for an obvious gag here, metalmickey but Copps is Magic WON the home kit vote.

It was intended as a rhetorical statement.... :whistle:

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #247 on April 07, 2016, 08:47:19 am by Sad-Rovers »

Where have I heard that recently?  :P

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #248 on April 07, 2016, 09:04:38 am by Yorkiered »

Come on children its like kids in a playground. "Well my supporters organisation is better than your supporters organisation" Na na ha na na.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #249 on April 07, 2016, 09:16:41 am by idler »
It's worse than a playground.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #250 on April 07, 2016, 09:31:21 am by Donnywolf »
True ... and though not recorded by 1D nor performed by them this piece of music needs hearing - never a more appropriate song

Words are appropriate (both ways round I suppose)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJWquqi4yhs

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #251 on April 07, 2016, 09:49:00 am by silent majority »

Come on children its like kids in a playground. "Well my supporters organisation is better than your supporters organisation" Na na ha na na.

Isn't BJW entitled to an opinion on this? Has he posted as the VSC?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #252 on April 07, 2016, 09:51:19 am by IDM »
http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/news/one-direction-star-louis-tomlinson-to-donate-doncaster-rovers-kit-contest-prize-claims-grandfather-1-7836806

Let's see what comes of this, eh?

Rather than auction the trip to Thailand (for charity??) I think the trip should be given to the family of that young lad who was on the pitch at half time a few months ago - when the tannoy first broke.

I forget the name, but because the tannoy wasn't working at the time I had no idea of the young lad's condition - until I read the story on DROS which was very moving.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #253 on April 07, 2016, 09:53:26 am by Donnywolf »
http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/news/one-direction-star-louis-tomlinson-to-donate-doncaster-rovers-kit-contest-prize-claims-grandfather-1-7836806

Rather than auction the trip to Thailand (for charity??) I think the trip should be given to the family of that young lad who was on the pitch at half time a few months ago - when the tannoy first broke.

I forget the name, but because the tannoy wasn't working at the time I had no idea of the young lad's condition - until I read the story on DROS which was very moving.

Great idea I think !

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #254 on April 07, 2016, 09:56:31 am by silent majority »

Where have I heard that recently?  :P

I'm glad you find my posts so memorable.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #255 on April 07, 2016, 09:56:57 am by Lincoln Rover »
At times the advantage of being school children over this site, is that when the bell rings they go in and forget about it. Just an observation.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #256 on April 07, 2016, 10:11:33 am by silent majority »

Rob can I remind you what happened last year when the club we're running a vote for the kit design and the fuss you kicked up over the lack of transparency over where the shirts had come from? When myself and others challenged you over this yourself and others claimed you were disappointed in the lack of engagement throughout the process (which appears in the minutes of a VSC Board Meeting) and a moderator on this very forum went as far as saying that fan engagement had appeared to have been abandoned. How that appeared on your agenda and a millionaire celebrity having his design short-listed by the club doesn't genuinely baffles me.

Furthermore I would like to draw your attention to the following:

"4.4. operating democratically, fairly, sustainably, transparently and with financial responsibility and encouraging the Club to do the same;"

That isn't an extract from the DRSG rules, but the VSC's which you served to protect during your time as an elected representative. Now was this decision democratic? Was it fair? Was it transparent? There is serious doubt on this and if the club putting a commercial interest over that of supporters isn't a battle worth fighting then what is?

You and I both know that football fans are often treated so badly for showing such loyalty because from a business point of view we are market that won't switch to a competitor if the product becomes sub-standard or we are unhappy with the service levels. This is as good as an example as any and the criticism it has attracted is wholly justified.

Please don't confuse this as an attempt to draw out another DRSG/VSC debate because that isn't the intention, but I have a suspicion that had the DRSG come out in support of Tomlinson winning the competition then you may have reacted differently. Our stance is based on what we feel is morally unfair and not trying to score political points. That time is past.

Lee,

I don't doubt your sincerity but you're missing the point here.

a) You have no proof that the shirt design competition was rigged. The evidence you've put forward proves nothing
b) If you are going to ridicule the club in public and setback any relations by such a long way is this the right subject?
c) As an elected member of the Supporters Board did you not consider that it should be discussed there first, or at least consult other board members?
d) If its such a burning issue for all DRFC fans then maybe testing the temperature of the water would have been a good first step?
e) What exactly are you now asking for? What is your resolution?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #257 on April 07, 2016, 11:07:23 am by ravenrover »
9 pages of drivel , mods please lock it

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #258 on April 07, 2016, 11:12:54 am by bobjimwilly »
first of all:

Please don't confuse this as an attempt to draw out another DRSG/VSC debate because that isn't the intention, but...

priceless  :lol:

was this decision democratic? Was it fair? Was it transparent? There is serious doubt on this and if the club putting a commercial interest over that of supporters isn't a battle worth fighting then what is?

Were we not told in advance the final 5 would be chosen by the club/FBT? If the club had been transparent about Louis Tomlinson's design then I'm sure some people would vote others just because, which wouldn't have been fair.

You're talking as if the club have gone against all supporters on this? That simply isn't true. Most, if not all, negative comments on facebook regarding the shirt have less than 100 likes - that's less than VSC membership, which is an insignificant number according to the same people who have kicked up a fuss about all this! Negative tweets come into dozens also, which asks the question how to you deduce the club have disregarded supporters interests?

the criticism it has attracted is wholly justified.

that's your opinion. My opinion is there are far more important issues to lose your shit over, and this certainly wouldn't be in my top 10. By going public you've also highlighted that maybe the club isn't listening to/working with you behind closed doors, which is worrying for your members.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:35:19 am by bobjimwilly »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #259 on April 07, 2016, 11:31:57 am by IDM »

Great idea I think !

Bump..

Start a new thread if this one gets locked..

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #260 on April 07, 2016, 11:37:13 am by Donnywolf »
Its a great idea imho and maybe offers a bit of oil on troubled waters SO ....

... don't wait for the Thread to get locked just go for it anyway because I think those with views entrenched on either side of the "debate" would surely be all behind this idea ?

I will wait and see though rather than assuming !

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #261 on April 07, 2016, 11:41:20 am by NickDRFC »

Great idea I think !

Bump..

Whilst the idea in principle is good, I'm not sure that a 2/3 year old really wants to go to Thailand. I think put it into a prize draw at say £10 a ticket, if you sell 500 tickets that's £5,000; donate that to a charity or that lad's family (still a charity) and they can spend it on what they want for him, a trip to Disneyland or something. That way a fan still wins the Thailand trip and you're also raising a substantial sum for charity.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #262 on April 07, 2016, 11:54:15 am by Yorkiered »

Isn't BJW entitled to an opinion on this? Has he posted as the VSC?

VSC member having a snide dig at DRSG shocker!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #263 on April 07, 2016, 12:13:59 pm by IDM »

Great idea I think !

Bump..

Whilst the idea in principle is good, I'm not sure that a 2/3 year old really wants to go to Thailand. I think put it into a prize draw at say £10 a ticket, if you sell 500 tickets that's £5,000; donate that to a charity or that lad's family (still a charity) and they can spend it on what they want for him, a trip to Disneyland or something. That way a fan still wins the Thailand trip and you're also raising a substantial sum for charity.

Maybe Nick, it was just a thought...

Forum Admin

• VSC Member
« Reply #264 on April 07, 2016, 12:39:36 pm by Forum Admin »
Thread locked. 10 pages of this is enough for anyone.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012