Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:15:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Louis Tomlinson ??  (Read 40044 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: Louis Tomlinson ??
« Reply #30 on April 04, 2016, 02:55:14 pm by Copps is Magic »
Prepare to have your masculinity questioned by the 'real' men among us.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 04, 2016, 03:24:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Thomas Crapper: shite.

His idea went down the pan as soon as locals discovered he lived nearby.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 03:57:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 04, 2016, 04:03:22 pm by Lipsy »
Flash in the pan...  :coat:

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 04, 2016, 04:05:04 pm by tommy toes »
I think the One D bubble might have burst.
There's loads of their merchandise on sale in the Charity shop in Armthorpe at 18p each.
The teeny boppers have moved on.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 04, 2016, 04:39:45 pm by Yorkiered »
Love him or hate him his celebrity status gets publicity for Doncaster Rovers. Surely he cannot be faulted for that.
I don't see much publicity generated for DRFC from the loud mouthed t**t sacked by the BBC
Or from Leslie Garrett either.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 04, 2016, 04:40:41 pm by The Red Baron »
I think the One D bubble might have burst.
There's loads of their merchandise on sale in the Charity shop in Armthorpe at 18p each.
The teeny boppers have moved on.

That'll probably be the stuff which still includes Zayn.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 04, 2016, 05:08:28 pm by Copps is Magic »
I'm now hearing LT has given his prize away to charity. I don't know which.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 04, 2016, 05:34:55 pm by idler »
Did anybody think for one minute that he would actually keep any prize if he managed to win?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 04, 2016, 05:38:04 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Firstly I feel I need to point out I have no beef with Tomlinson, fair play to the lad for making millions based on his "talents", I wish I'd done the f**ker. Secondly, I didn't enter the kit competition, I have the drawing ability of a bloke with no hands so no "vested interest" on my part that my design had been overlooked.

Lets look at the scenarios:

Louis Tomlinson sat on his grandads knee with his crayons out and coloured in an away kit. He submitted this like the rest of us mere mortals and it landed on the desk of someone at the club. At this stage no one thought, "we're running a competition for normal, run of the mill people to win a once in a lifetime trip to Thailand, surely it'd be inconceivable for a f**kING MILLIONAIRE PLAYBOY POP STAR TO WIN?". It got past this stage. Stage two was most likely reviewing the rules, someone must have thought at some point, "you know what, we best exclude people with a connection to the club let's say the lasses in the ticket office can't enter, lest we're accused of rigging it. How about OUR CELEBRITY SQUAD MEMBER who just over a year ago TRIED TO BUY THE f**kING CLUB? Nah, he's fine." Next stage was for a short list of five to be drawn up, no one at this stage thought "We best let SUPER RICH, A LIST CELEBRITY Louis know that, while we appreciate his crayon work, we can't possibly let him win in place of someone who's never likely to travel past Benidorm".

So now he's won. Little Timmy Snodgrass from Stainey who excitedly drew his kit and who's life experiences so far stretch to a weekend in Seaton Carew won't have that life changing experience and he'll never be able to tell his kids that he designed a Rovers kit. Meanwhile Tomlinson hasn't even bothered to go on his free trip to Thailand (why would he, he's not likely to fly f**king pleb class is he?) and he will file designing a Rovers kit in his memory as "stuff I've done" alongside playing at packed arenas, f**king women most of us would chew our own arms off to touch and earning his last million quid.

Given all this we're to believe that this is all some sort of amazing coincidence? That no one thought that a LT entering was a bit odd or that winning could leave the club with egg on its face? I call absoloute bull shit on that. The club were obviously well aware that LT was likely to win, I dare say they had one eye on potential shirt sales to his rapidly declining fanbase to impress FBT with and fluffed the competition to ensure his kit won. Look at some of the good designs that didn't make the cut such as BJWs or Lee Crofts yet the other four made up of a f**king table cloth and stuff that'd shame Donny Market did? Can anyone remember the reaction by the VSC and on this forum that JR was to enter a kit? People were rightly annoyed and JR has done a metric f**k-ton more for this club than LT is ever likely to.

So, we're left with the conclusion that, either the club are so collectively stupid that they didn't see any issues with LT winning this or they hold the fan base in such contempt that they don't give a f**k what the fans think.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 04, 2016, 05:46:28 pm by idler »
I stayed in digs in Seaton Carew.
There were no lady boys and exotic food was a burger.
You could get a brown hue from the chemicals at Seal Sands though.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 04, 2016, 06:06:43 pm by RedJ »
Firstly I feel I need to point out I have no beef with Tomlinson, fair play to the lad for making millions based on his "talents", I wish I'd done the f**ker. Secondly, I didn't enter the kit competition, I have the drawing ability of a bloke with no hands so no "vested interest" on my part that my design had been overlooked.

Louis Tomlinson sat on his grandads knee with his crayons out and coloured in an away kit. He submitted this like the rest of us mere mortals and it landed on the desk of someone at the club. At this stage no one thought, "we're running a competition for normal, run of the mill people to win a once in a lifetime trip to Thailand, surely it'd be inconceivable for a f**kING MILLIONAIRE PLAYBOY POP STAR TO WIN?". It got past this stage. Stage two was most likely reviewing the rules, someone must have thought at some point, "you know what, we best exclude people with a connection to the club let's say the lasses in the ticket office can't enter, lest we're accused of rigging it. How about OUR CELEBRITY SQUAD MEMBER who just over a year ago TRIED TO BUY THE f**kING CLUB? Nah, he's fine." Next stage was for a short list of five to be drawn up, no one at this stage thought "We best let SUPER RICH, A LIST CELEBRITY Louis know that, while we appreciate his crayon work, we can't possibly let him win in place of someone who's never likely to travel past Benidorm".

So now he's won. Little Timmy Snodgrass from Stainey who excitedly drew his kit and who's life experiences so far stretch to a weekend in Seaton Carew won't have that life changing experience and he'll never be able to tell his kids that he designed a Rovers kit. Meanwhile Tomlinson hasn't even bothered to go on his free trip to Thailand (why would he, he's not likely to fly f**king pleb class is he?) and he will file designing a Rovers kit in his memory as "stuff I've done" alongside playing at packed arenas, f**king women most of us would chew our own arms off to touch and earning his last million quid.

Given all this we're to believe that this is all some sort of amazing coincidence? That no one thought that a LT entering was a bit odd or that winning could leave the club with egg on its face? I call absoloute bull shit on that. The club were obviously well aware that LT was likely to win, I dare say they had one eye on potential shirt sales to his rapidly declining fanbase to impress FBT with and fluffed the competition to ensure his kit won. Look at some of the good designs that didn't make the cut such as BJWs or Lee Crofts yet the other four made up of a f**king table cloth and stuff that'd shame Donny Market did? Can anyone remember the reaction by the VSC and on this forum that JR was to enter a kit? People were rightly annoyed and JR has done a metric f**k-ton more for this club than LT is ever likely to.

So, we're left with the conclusion that, either the club are so collectively stupid that they didn't see any issues with LT winning this or they hold the fan base in such contempt that they don't give a f**k what the fans think.

While I don't necessarily disagree with your post, I just want to point out John Ryan proposed he submit a design something like the day after the deadline for the entries.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 04, 2016, 06:09:47 pm by Yorkiered »

While I don't necessarily disagree with your post, I just want to point out John Ryan proposed he submit a design something like the day after the deadline for the entries.

Grow up.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 04, 2016, 06:15:44 pm by Sad-Rovers »
How childish of me to suggest that our club value the waning market strength of a has-been pop star above their own moral integrity.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 04, 2016, 06:21:32 pm by wilts rover »
Wasn't there a year where the fans chose a winning design and then John Ryan ignored it and chose his own anyway? Is that the same as the one you are talking about or a different season?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 04, 2016, 06:23:55 pm by pib »
Couldn't have said it better than Sad Rovers tbh.

Is the famous minted boy going to Thailand? Hmm.

Also, and I'm not saying this because Lewis Tonkinson designed one of them - both of the shirts that won are awful.  They look absolutely rotten. 

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 04, 2016, 06:29:19 pm by Copps is Magic »
I just think each year we've run a kit competition or kit vote we've had at least one problem associated with it. Even last year, which went relatively smoothly, people said the choices on offer were boring. If you're opening the competition up to fans like me you're going to have to expect unprofessional entries. You've also got to take into consideration the criticism that the people who submit designs are going to get afterwards. People voted for my kit entry but it's been universally slated since. Obviously I'm big enough to take that but a young lad or lass might not be.

I would abandon the idea completely in favour of the club putting the design out to a professional organisation to draw up prototypes. Even then there will still be criticism because fashion is a highly subjective thing (yet people still believe their opinions to be right ones). And this is from someone who won.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 04, 2016, 06:31:59 pm by pib »
Although I imagine you're making a wider point CiM, I don't mind the home design at all, but in the photo's, the actual shirt looks terrible in the flesh.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 04, 2016, 06:34:21 pm by Copps is Magic »
Although I imagine you're making a wider point CiM, I don't mind the home design at all, but in the photo's, the actual shirt looks terrible in the flesh.

That's one of the other issues with it mate. The designs people submit are not going to be what the shirts turn out like. It's an unavoidable problem.

It makes me think the club should operate the other way round, work out what can be designed and manufactured first, then do the design second.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 04, 2016, 06:37:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If anyone, wants to support Rovers in anyway, then that should be ok shouldn't it. Now I'm going to assume this was a genuine submission and a genuine vote until someone tells me otherwise.

A cynical pr stunt? Ermm, as pointed out, his popularity, along with his bandmates is on the wane so, it wouldn't be that cynical or tactical would it.

I wonder if there was a other father-son collaboration submitted?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 04, 2016, 06:47:35 pm by RedJ »

Grow up.

Hahaha, what are you on about?

All I'm saying is John Ryan asked if he could enter after the deadline. And it was more than just "the VSC" that disagreed with letting him enter after the deadline.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 05, 2016, 12:38:21 am by Sammy Chung was King »
If him having an input sells more shirts good, plug it till the end. I can just imagine Terry and Dick in the boardroom listening to ''That's what makes you beautiful''!. :ohmy:
Get Harry Syles flipping the burgers then you older fellas would have something to moan about, loads of kids queueing up for a Harry burger!. :laugh:

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 05, 2016, 09:32:50 am by DevilMayCry »

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 05, 2016, 09:56:16 am by drfc1951 »
If you didnt submit a design yourself dont complain.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 05, 2016, 10:05:52 am by Sad-Rovers »
An argument along the lines of "if you're not a professional footballer don't complain".

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 05, 2016, 10:06:30 am by idler »
A few fans throw a strop and it's worthy of a newspaper story with all of the other things going off in the world is unbelievable.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 05, 2016, 10:10:46 am by drfc1951 »
I dont know why the club bother trying to get fans involved with things like this.I would let the shirt manufactures design the shirt and let the players decide.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 05, 2016, 10:17:10 am by Sad-Rovers »
I dont know why the club bother trying to get fans involved with things like this.I would let the shirt manufactures design the shirt and let the players decide.

I don't know why they bother running a competition just to gift the prize to a fading pop star at thr expense of a normal fan so they can flog a few shirts to teenage girls in Asia.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on April 05, 2016, 10:34:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Sad. You've got this social media thing sussed haven't you?

Kick up a shit storm over this and get it in the public eye. Make sure all the lasses in the Far East get to hear about it. We sell millions of shirts and manage to buy the players who will take the Conference by storm the year after next.

Canny. I'm well impressed.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:11:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 05, 2016, 10:43:56 am by Filo »

Lets guess, is this in the Sun newspaper?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 05, 2016, 10:44:21 am by Sad-Rovers »
I take no pleasure in the club scoring yet another own goal and damaging themselves, again, I actually despair that they hold the fans in such poor regard that they either think we're too stupid to notice an obvious stitch up or that we will notice but we mean so little to them thay can ride roughshod over us like this.

I honestly thought we were past things like this. Seems I was wrong.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012