Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:00:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Home and Away Shirt  (Read 5860 times)

coventryrover

• Forum Member
New Home and Away Shirt
« on February 16, 2010, 04:58:28 pm by coventryrover »
According to the official website we are getting new home AND away shirts next year

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~1967638,00.html

Does this mean a new kit manufacturer???

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
Re:New Home and Away Shirt
« Reply #1 on February 16, 2010, 05:03:38 pm by DannyRovers »
coventryrover wrote:
According to the official website we are getting new home AND away shirts next year

I did think the same as It was always said that the design of the home kit was staying the same and that we were having a large input on what the new away top is going to look like. however things seem to have changed.  :S

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 16, 2010, 05:16:12 pm by danrover82 »
well isn't it down to having a new sponsor. This would mean a new kit needed, however it can be same design for the home kit.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 16, 2010, 08:03:10 pm by RTID75 »
Given that the home shirt isn't a even a season old yet, if Rovers are changing it for next season then they are taking the piss big time. I thought the unwritten law said that shirts had to last 2 years? It was bad enough that the new sponsor would make the shirt sort of 'out of date', but to change sponsor and home shirt would be very naughty.

Even though I am not much of a fan of the new shirt and wasn't going to buy it, I put my money into Rovers as usual and bought it - I even had it customised with my forum log-on name on the back (a total near £50 expense!) so I'm going to be very miffed if it only lasts one season before being obsolete...

Having said that, the pain would be slightly lessened if Vandalise are being given the boot! :lol:

alisonoconnor

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 16, 2010, 09:21:43 pm by alisonoconnor »
The kit will be two seasons old after this one won't it or am I wrong.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 16, 2010, 11:27:12 pm by wing commander »
Dont forget we need a new shirt sponser for next season..........

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 16, 2010, 11:43:12 pm by RTID75 »
(Alison) The home shirt was new this season. (wing commander) I know we need a new sponsor, but that doesn't mean the shirt design has to change - (remembering, hopefully correctly, back to the return of the hoops when we went from One Call Insurance to Ledger Mobility on the same shirt).

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 17, 2010, 12:45:21 am by SkellowRover »
coventryrover wrote:

I heard a rumour that we were going to have a new kit manufacturer a few weeks ago but thought nothing of it, reading this it might be true though.

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 17, 2010, 10:24:29 am by DannyRovers »
SkellowRover wrote:
coventryrover wrote:

I heard a rumour that we were going to have a new kit manufacturer a few weeks ago but thought nothing of it, reading this it might be true though.

If so it would be great to get someone like nike, adidas, umbro or even puma.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 17, 2010, 11:05:55 am by bedale rover »
DannyRovers wrote:
SkellowRover wrote:
coventryrover wrote:

If so it would be great to get someone like nike, adidas, umbro or even puma.

BUT ARENT THEY ALL MADE IN CHINA? ;)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 17, 2010, 01:01:20 pm by River Don »
They're all made in China, that said having Rovers associated with a brand like Nike or Adidas would give the club more credibility with the yoof and would go towards helping to build the fan base.

Personally I still like Kappa kits, the stuff they did for Italy, Wales and Sampdoria were ace. I don't think the slim fit would go down too well with some of the larger Rovers fans though.

I expect they'll just go with the people who offer the best deal.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 17, 2010, 01:35:27 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
A retro shirt would be a nice touch; something which was actually well fitted and had a collar would look great. Tottenham always seem to have a good looking shirt, produced by Puma; it’d be brilliant to get a big kit manufacturer like that on board.

Home kit:
Stick to what we know – red and white hoops, black shorts, black socks.

Away kit:
The green and white hoops looked great last term but there is a case for our 1st ever kit – Blue with yellow cross to be in there (Boca Juniors style) - scrap the hat though.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 17, 2010, 01:43:11 pm by RobTheRover »
Yes, it will be the deal which offers the best margins, no doubt, but who can blame the club for that.  Newcastle shift hundreds of thousands of their shirts worldwide, so can get Adidas down to a good deal.  We have solid sales for this level, but sell a small % of what Newcastle do.

A cautionary tale - Barnsley went with Lotto shirts last season, and the first batch back from China had the Lotto logo stitched the wrong way up!  The Chinese didnt understand the alphabet, so didnt know how it should look.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 17, 2010, 01:47:55 pm by River Don »
True but I notice Nike and Adidas logos increasingly on lower league shirts.

Personally I believe being associated with a big brand would do Rovers fan recruitment a lot of good. It's all about making the club a more credible option for the kids.

Sif

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 17, 2010, 01:50:52 pm by Sif »
It's a bit like the chicken & egg scenario.

Would we all choose to buy the shirt if it was a decent product, or would we all have to buy the shirt and get the numbers up before we got a decent product?

The likes of York City have been able to knock out kits made by Nike for the last few years, how come?. The shirts we've had have been f**king garbage, including the debacle of the current kit.

And what happened to fans input for the away kit? The whole 'the designs are being finalised' line on the OS makes it seem very unlikely for that to happen.

I honestly don't know whay you bother, Rob.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 17, 2010, 01:52:30 pm by RobTheRover »
Dont get me wrong, I'd love us to have a Nike or Adidas or such shirt.  Personally, I've always been a massive fan of Hummel gear, so that would really give me a big smile.

I just think its unlikely, unless a good deal is offered.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 17, 2010, 01:54:13 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »
Ebbsfleet's deal with Nike was a good one, but then there was a sort of matching of branding exercise going on there, with Nike wanting to be seen to be part of the 'success' that was community ownership of the 'Fleet

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 17, 2010, 01:56:01 pm by RobTheRover »
That is exactly the kind of \"added value\" that Rovers should be looking to exploit.  Use Nike's marketing machine to promote the Rovers in return for us wearing their clobber.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 17, 2010, 04:18:05 pm by timdrfc »
Well i'm happy enough to get a new home & away kit next year. If anyone complains then maybe they should cast their minds back to when the current kit came out. Remember all the moaning there was was from people on here.

Also i don't think the fans input should happen either  ask 7 people & you'll get 7  different answers to which is the best. i for one don't like the idea of a green kit full stop  but some me on here do so you'll never please everyone.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 17, 2010, 07:12:38 pm by SkellowRover »
I'd love our away kit to be like this, not only would we play like brazil but we would look like argentina in hoops  B)

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 17, 2010, 07:45:35 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
I like!!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 17, 2010, 07:58:49 pm by RobTheRover »
Gets my vote

neilfinne

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 17, 2010, 08:22:10 pm by neilfinne »
Don't know how this will go down, but here goes.

You know the red, white and grey scarves that they sell in the rovers shop? Well why don't we try grey shorts? Thus making those scarves recognisable by everyone as a rovers scarf?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 17, 2010, 08:29:00 pm by mushRTID »
SkellowRover wrote:
I'd love our away kit to be like this, not only would we play like brazil but we would look like argentina in hoops  B)

That looks ace, would love us to have adidas. And would like an illuminous away kit.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 17, 2010, 09:29:31 pm by Al4475 »
Where do you guys get these templates from? I remember designing kit after kit as a kid, dilligently drawing shirt, shorts and socks for page after page. Would love to rekindle that part of my youth with a flashy computer version!

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 18, 2010, 08:39:26 am by WheatleyRover »
I like this kit above :)

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 18, 2010, 09:28:00 am by WSBBA_Ben »
SkellowRover wrote:

I too would love this kit. I never buy the away shirt as a rule, but if it looked like that, it'd be rude not to.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012