Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 09:11:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Concentration  (Read 7195 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Concentration
« Reply #60 on August 20, 2017, 09:57:01 am by drfchound »
If you flip yesterday's game and put us in Blackpools place, we would have been delighted to have got the draw, more to the point we would have been raving about the quality of the goals.
Two good long range efforts and a very well worked third.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 20, 2017, 09:57:08 am by GazLaz »
For the first goal to of our midfielders oft attracted to the ball and left space for their man to hit it. Unbelievable strike though. For the second the midfield was sat too deep on top of the back four giving them the couple of yards needed to get the shot away. I think the last one may have been saveable but maybe went through the defenders legs which always makes it tough.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 20, 2017, 02:01:04 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Their defending for our third goal was also a shambles, it happens.
Even PL defenders make errors that cost goals.

Yes it was. But we're not talking about Blackpool's defence we're talking about ours and the defending for their third goal was poor.
We got what we deserved today

No we deserved the three points. Nine times out of ten those "worldies" fly way over the bar. Their third was a very well worked goal which has to be acknowledged. However overall we were the better side & as I say we fully deserved the three points!!

No way can ANY team 'deserve' three points when they concede three goals at home, two of which came straight from the kick off when we'd just scored.
At 2-2 there was only going to be one winner for me and it wasn't us. They didn't let our midfield play - especially Coppinger. Awful defending gave us a third goal and we still couldn't hold on to the lead.

A draw was a fair result

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 20, 2017, 02:40:29 pm by colincramb »
Not to forget they also had two one on one situations (ok I know the lad pulled up but he was clear through on goal)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 20, 2017, 02:57:15 pm by the vicar »
Its poor defending  two centra halfs required

What a complete and utter tool you are!
b

if you are not there to see it then you have no right to comment as you don't know

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 20, 2017, 02:59:23 pm by MrFrost »

b

if you are not there to see it then you have no right to comment as you don't know
Maybe he watched it online?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 20, 2017, 03:04:15 pm by Bessie Red »

Yes it was. But we're not talking about Blackpool's defence we're talking about ours and the defending for their third goal was poor.

No we deserved the three points. Nine times out of ten those "worldies" fly way over the bar. Their third was a very well worked goal which has to be acknowledged. However overall we were the better side & as I say we fully deserved the three points!!

No way can ANY team 'deserve' three points when they concede three goals at home, two of which came straight from the kick off when we'd just scored.
At 2-2 there was only going to be one winner for me and it wasn't us. They didn't let our midfield play - especially Coppinger. Awful defending gave us a third goal and we still couldn't hold on to the lead.

A draw was a fair result

They scored two goals that nine times out of ten would have ended up at the back of the stand. In my opinion we deserved the 3 points because we were tha better side overall.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on August 20, 2017, 07:29:23 pm by Filo »
Lawlor was three or four yards off his line for both long range efforts, there was no need to be that far off his line when the ball is that far out and everyone is in front of you

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 20, 2017, 07:42:03 pm by drfchound »
Not many keepers stand on the goal line when the opposition are attacking.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on August 20, 2017, 08:11:55 pm by dickos1 »
Would've had less chance of saving it if stood on line

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on August 20, 2017, 08:12:47 pm by dickos1 »

A draw was a fair result

Of course you can deserve to win a game even if the other side scores 3.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 20, 2017, 09:32:11 pm by 5minstogo »
Blair provided assist for May.

And for Marquis

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on August 20, 2017, 10:00:54 pm by Lesonthewest »
Without question we deserved 3 points from that game, if I was a Blackpool fan I would have come away thinking we nicked a point there, well done for coming back with strikes they probably won't score from again all season but we were the better side & should have won without doubt, just my opinion of course.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on August 20, 2017, 10:01:54 pm by andysly »
The defenders weren't the issue today.

I can assure you, I was trhere. You couldn't miss Butler screaming at Wright for losing his man several times in the first half. I'd suggest it was you who wasn't there.

That is football at any half decent level. Players will bawl at and encourage their team mates, keeps people on the toes.
Tony Adams/John Terry and many others never stopped screaming at their mates all game.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on August 20, 2017, 10:09:33 pm by selby »
You could say that a Blackpool defender provided the assist for Alfies goal after Blair failed to get a cross past the first defender(if you were being picky that is).
  But being out wide in the oppositions half is where Blair is dangerous,beating his defender out wide and getting a cross in.He is found wanting in our half when defending,he gets squared up and players go past him,very rarely does he stop a cross coming into our area,and is prone to give an absolutely poor ball across his own goal that gets intercepted.
  Hence their first goal yesterday,and one or two gifts last season that cost us.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on August 20, 2017, 11:48:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Kongolo was the guilty party for Blackpools ultimate equaliser. He let the goal scorer run past him. Classic case of ball watching but from his reaction you can see he knew he cocked up. He'll learn it's a harsh game when points count.

I agree with one of the posts above when just for a few minutes, we dropped too deep. We got to a point where Whiteman was stood on Butlers toes and he should have pushed everyone up 10 yards. That said, it was a wonder strike their second goal.

Still confident of top six!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 21, 2017, 01:34:46 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The game was more about the attacking players on both sides having the edge over the defences for a few moments in the game. You can have a great game in the professional game but switch off a couple of times and you concede goals.
We could have got nearer to them to stop the shots coming in but once it left they're feet for the two goals out of the three they scored nothing could be done-they were fantastic strikes.
We do need a few defensive minded players but also don't want to lessen our threat going forward it's all about finding the right balance. Games are rarely dull under Ferguson. Nice to have a side that's capable of scoring almost every week-just tighten up a touch and we should be alright.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 21, 2017, 07:58:07 am by graingrover »
Yes we are an entertaining side now but when you are a negative person you can still find something to criticise .. witness this thread and the usual snide comments from the same old posters .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012