Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:02:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Festivals  (Read 1550 times)

DRFC MYERS

Festivals
« on June 25, 2013, 12:59:09 am by DRFC MYERS »
Going to my first festival this year and wondering if anyone had ever been to any?
Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice about what kind of stuff I need to take which is essential or just handy to have.
Thanks

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: Festivals
« Reply #1 on June 25, 2013, 01:14:16 am by jonnydog »
Plenty of beer/money/beer-money, enough fags x2 (to be safe, if you smoke that is, I did back then). Sod food, sod clean clothes and who really uses a tent when they're there anyway!!

In saying that it's all changed since I went. Glastonbury for one has turned a tad bourgeois IMO ;)

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 25, 2013, 12:01:36 pm by Jenny »
Don't take anything that you would be precious about ruining...

I am with Jonny on this one, less is more. Just take clean pants. For Glasto I have clean pants and a bag full of vodka. I am hoping that is enough!!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 25, 2013, 02:57:18 pm by MrFrost »
A tent?

Went to T in The Park a few years ago, left our tent for 10 mins, came back and it was gone so had to spend the rest of the weekend in the car.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 25, 2013, 08:38:01 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Went to Download, which usually turns into a mudbath - especially the campsites (as do most festivals).

Therefore take:

Nothing you are precious about losing.

Toilet roll - they are your best commodity, especially if you fancy some trading.

Wet Wipes and lots of Deodrant - dont expect to use any showers provided without having to queue for an age and find out they are stone cold.

Torch, its a bas**rd if you trip over other peoples tents' guideropes in the dark cos you can see jack shit.

Sturdy waterproof walking boots over wellies every time.

Clean Pants.

Ponchos (dont buy em there they rip you off, get them from pound shops etc).

Plenty of cigs if you smoke (fortune at festivals).

They wont let you take your own booze into most arenas so have enough on your campsite to tank yourself up beforehand (or decant into plastic pop bottles and try entering the arena with it is your brave).

DO NOT take credit cards, and DO NOT flash your cash about - speculative thieves will be watching, place cash in a money bag and fasten in a zipped pocket, or better still tucked inside your pants.

If lockerhouse..... http://www.lockerhouse.co.uk/, or other companies have lockers at your festival then hire one...you can charge your mobile in them as well as keeping your valuables safe, and it works out a damn sight cheaper than using the charging stations on site.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 25, 2013, 08:58:26 pm by ravenrover »
If you are going to Glasto you can take drink into the arena, no-one has mentioned "bog in a bag" failing that Imodium!, earplugs!

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #6 on June 25, 2013, 10:39:24 pm by DRFC MYERS »
Thanks guys and gals! Going to v fest in august and just trying to prep for it...

Investing in an old nokia for the weekend and also heard there are cash machines but i may stick to cash... and they have lockers i am lead to believe.

Got basic stuff just need all little extras!

How much you advise to take for weekend for beer inside arena and snap?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 26, 2013, 12:57:06 am by jonnydog »
£5k ;)

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 27, 2013, 12:45:59 am by Woodhead Passer »
Thanks guys and gals! Going to v fest in august and just trying to prep for it...

Investing in an old nokia for the weekend and also heard there are cash machines but i may stick to cash... and they have lockers i am lead to believe.

I am also going to V Fest, my first festival as well. I'm just gutted we miss the Blackburn game at home!

We're taking our own portable toilet, which I think is a must, you don't want to use portaloo's at the fest, they will be a state.

I will be buying a cheap phone, not taking the risk with the phone I have.

You can take your own alcohol, but only on the camp-site and not in the arena. Also, you aren't allowed glass so it will have to be cans.

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 27, 2013, 12:46:43 am by Woodhead Passer »

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #10 on June 27, 2013, 02:39:43 pm by DRFC MYERS »

I am also going to V Fest, my first festival as well. I'm just gutted we miss the Blackburn game at home!

We're taking our own portable toilet, which I think is a must, you don't want to use portaloo's at the fest, they will be a state.

You can take your own alcohol, but only on the camp-site and not in the arena. Also, you aren't allowed glass so it will have to be cans.

Which site are you going to?

Yeah im taking a old nokia.. think you can pick them up for about £20 with £10 credit included..

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 27, 2013, 02:41:50 pm by Woodhead Passer »

Which site are you going to?

Yeah im taking a old nokia.. think you can pick them up for about £20 with £10 credit included..

Stafford, how about you?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012