Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:19:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Right, I’m off  (Read 1353 times)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
Right, I’m off
« on December 11, 2019, 07:14:01 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Ladies & Gents,

There’ll be no more comments from me now till after the election. It’s been enjoyable sparing with a few of you and trying to get my head around the political views of others. I don’t think any one of us has changed our minds as a result of our debates but that’s ok! I’ll be watching the results tomorrow night with a nice bottle of red and when the realisation hits that Boris has won I’ll have a proper arse on. Booze and arse on’s don’t mix well with me & I end up saying silly, stupid things that I’ll no doubt regret so, to ensure I don’t cause offence I’ll be signing off. Whatever your political views, I hope things work out how you hope them to.

Take care and see you on the other side!

RTID

Herb

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Right, I’m off
« Reply #1 on December 11, 2019, 07:19:07 pm by Sprotyrover »
Ladies & Gents,

There’ll be no more comments from me now till after the election. It’s been enjoyable sparing with a few of you and trying to get my head around the political views of others. I don’t think any one of us has changed our minds as a result of our debates but that’s ok! I’ll be watching the results tomorrow night with a nice bottle of red and when the realisation hits that Boris has won I’ll have a proper arse on. Booze and arse on’s don’t mix well with me & I end up saying silly, stupid things that I’ll no doubt regret so, to ensure I don’t cause offence I’ll be signing off. Whatever your political views, I hope things work out how you hope them to.

RTID

Herb
All the best Herb,see you on the "other side" for the 'Big Brexit bash' 😉

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 11, 2019, 08:34:43 pm by SydneyRover »
Ladies & Gents,

RTID

Herb

thanks HA, enjoy the wine, will probably see you down at the workhouse sometime?  :)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 11, 2019, 09:17:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Think Corbyn is going to get a right spanking tomorrow.

I interview people on government Study Surveys such as the Family Resources survey for the DWP and the British Social Attitudes survey which is widely used by the government, academics and other organisations to see what the Great British Public are thinking about politics, immigration, the NHS, Education etc. etc.

Having interviewed a great number of traditional Labour voters i can tell you the vast majority will not be voting Labour on this occasion due simply to a dislike and distrust of Jeremy Corbyn. And also his fudging of Brexit.
More Labour voters are Leavers than Remainers and this is also going to cost Labour any possible chance of getting any where near a majority tomorrow or even a hung parliament.
I may be wrong of course but i do think the Labour Party are going to get well beaten tomorrow in this election. My prediction is they will not even get 30% of the vote.
230 seats at best.
We will see. If i am wrong then i will hold my hands up.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 09:55:06 pm by Campsall rover »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 11, 2019, 11:10:57 pm by Draytonian III »
⬆️⬆️⬆️ I’m in total agreement with the Campsall

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 12, 2019, 09:06:54 am by Hounslowrover »
CAmpsall Rover,  Ipsos-Mori says 24%, Lord Ashcroft Polls say 25%, Comres says 26% and YouGov says 29% of Labour voters voted for leave, there are more Labour voters for remain than leave, that's where Corbyn has got it wrong, and you too.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 09:15:47 am by Hounslowrover »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 12, 2019, 09:44:01 am by selby »
  Hounslow, I am guessing the clue is in your heading, if it were not for labours following in the London area slewed with the immigrant influx, and their other bastions in other cities where the immigrant population is high, their popularity would be just above the Liberal percentage.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 12, 2019, 09:57:01 am by Donnywolf »
Ladies & Gents,

RTID

Herb

Ha ha - that means you and I together will have a right a**e on

It reminds me of when Thatcher took power (but this time its far far MORE serious for the Nation).

I was exctly half way through Painting the Soffits and Barge Boards and eaves ? of my Brothers house when I finished on Polling Day (in whatever year it was)

Thatcher won and I was so p****d off that I never went back to finish the job. (2 years later he sold the house but I could still see where I hadnt been)

Im preparing for much much worse this time electing a serial liar without compunction (sorry we are not doing politics today). I will be thinking of you - just stick to the alcohol and dont start any painting jobs lol

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 12, 2019, 10:19:55 am by tommy toes »
Boris Johnson is a far more dangerous man than Corbyn could ever be.

He won't get Brexit done until 2021 at the earliest and we'll end up in deep trouble with the economy on the floor.

In response to this Johnson will continue to blame everyone else while introducing laws that make it nigh on impossibe for anyone to get rid of him.

He'll ride roughshod over parliament again and lie and lie to deflect any blame from himself.

Make no mistake,this guy is a narcissistic psychopath who doesn't give a flying f**k for anyone or anything.
If you read their, manifesto the Tories are promising absolutely nothing other than redressing some of the worst aspects of austerity, meaning we'll still be worse off than in 2010.
Oh..and to get Brexit done.

If as it seems, they get elected all I can say is that the Nation has taken leave of its senses.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 12, 2019, 10:36:18 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Remember what his boss, the arch-Tory Max Hastings said of him. This is a man who saw, close-up, Johnson's venality, mendacity and incompetence. Those of you who are about to vote for him, you have a morally responsibility to read this. In particular that bit in bold. Just think of the contempt he's held you in, every time he's told you he's on your side.

There is room for debate about whether he is a scoundrel or mere rogue, but not much about his moral bankruptcy, rooted in a contempt for truth.

Dignity still matters in public office, and Johnson will never have it. Yet his graver vice is cowardice, reflected in a willingness to tell any audience, whatever he thinks most likely to please, heedless of the inevitability of its contradiction an hour later.

Like many showy personalities, he is of weak character. I recently suggested to a radio audience that he supposes himself to be Winston Churchill, while in reality being closer to Alan Partridge.

The Johnson premiership could survive for three or four years, shambling from one embarrassment and debacle to another, of which Brexit may prove the least.

For many of us, his elevation will signal Britain’s abandonment of any claim to be a serious country. It can be claimed that few people realised what a poor prime minister Theresa May would prove until they saw her in Downing Street. With Boris, however, what you see now is almost assuredly what we shall get from him as ruler of Britain.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minister-tory-party-britain
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 10:41:25 am by BillyStubbsTears »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 12, 2019, 11:01:10 am by wing commander »
In the interests of balance i would give you the 15 lifelong ex Labour Mp's who have signed the letter saying Corbyn isn't fit to lead this country and raise you the Shadow health secretary who said he poses a risk to one of the most important things... national security...

Jousting aside,nothing written on here this morning is going to change anybody's opinion now..I think its going to be close and i still think there may be another hung parliament..

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Has Corbyn ever had a proper job ?
« Reply #11 on December 12, 2019, 11:11:47 am by Colemans Left Hook »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Corbyn

some of us wondered if this "grub" had ever had a proper job . Did anything to avoid "earning a crust" at least the blond haired "worm" of the other party did rather better education wise. They both have an "alleged" similarity in "not being able to keep it in their pants" one "more than" the other.

He joined the Labour Party at age 16[11] and achieved two A-Levels, at grade E, the lowest-possible passing grade, before leaving school at 18

After school,[24] Corbyn worked briefly as a reporter for a local newspaper, the Newport and Market Drayton Advertiser.[25]  S.A.C.K.E.D. ?

Returning to the UK in 1971, he worked as an official for the National Union of Tailors and Garment Workers.[30] Corbyn began a course in Trade Union Studies at North London Polytechnic but left after a year without a degree after a series of arguments with his tutors over the curriculum.[31 .....   the bloke

interesting  read

on a postive note by total  co-incidence the election has co-incided with him getting a new suit and smartening himself up to quote "Mrs Coleman" he looks quite a dapper shame about the .......

so do you vote for the "GRUB" or the "WORM"
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 11:17:32 am by Colemans Left Hook »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 12, 2019, 11:33:13 am by Colemans Left Hook »
thinking about it Corbyn is only following the same line of job as this father

"He is the youngest of the four sons of Naomi Loveday (née Josling; 1915–1987), a maths teacher, and David Benjamin Corbyn (1915–1986), an electrical engineer and expert in power rectifiers"

Corbyns aim in life is simply to "rectify power"  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 12, 2019, 12:37:42 pm by Hounslowrover »
  Hounslow, I am guessing the clue is in your heading, if it were not for labours following in the London area slewed with the immigrant influx, and their other bastions in other cities where the immigrant population is high, their popularity would be just above the Liberal percentage.
25% of Labour voters who said they voted leave is about 3.2 million people, so are you saying that over 70% of Labour remainers, or over 9 million people, are basically in areas of high immigration, especially London?  Where's your evidence for this, surely some immigrants vote for other parties too?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 12, 2019, 05:53:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Those comments from Max Hastings about Trump being a coward.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Trickyjabs/status/1204881008295923712

Not brilliant for a leader, is it?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012