Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 05:35:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Genuine question  (Read 2280 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Genuine question
« on March 15, 2020, 08:59:18 am by the vicar »
WHY is there so many ignorant and stupid people saying covid 19 is no more than a cols and a cough, 3 people have said to me that they won't bother self isolating as it's a load of rubbish and an over reaction.  Those Idiot are goi to kill some very vulnerable people
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 09:35:06 am by the vicar »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: Question on covid 19
« Reply #1 on March 15, 2020, 09:03:10 am by River Don »
People just don't want to believe what's happening is real.

It appears our local church service is going ahead as usual this morning. It's normally full of over 70s. It's utter madness.

Thankfully my Mum has more sense and isn't going anywhere near the place this Sunday.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 15, 2020, 09:08:03 am by DonnyOsmond »
A lot of people on here were being very flippant towards it the other day, looks like for the majority they're realising how serious it is and how daft some people's comments were.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 15, 2020, 09:09:16 am by the vicar »
In France and Spain no one is allowed anywhere unless it is to the supermarket for food

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Genuine question
« Reply #4 on March 15, 2020, 10:50:32 am by SydneyRover »
''WHY is there so many ignorant and stupid people saying covid 19 is no more than a cols and a cough''

nailed it right there Vicar, I can forgive those that cannot access the news for one reason or another but it's not that any of this is a state secret is it?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 15, 2020, 10:58:51 am by IDM »
France is closing bars and non essential things but folks aren’t on lockdown I don’t think.?

Either way, folks need to get over the idea that they know better than the experts and the authorities.

Problem is, there are mixed messages coming from the experts and from the authorities.!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 15, 2020, 11:10:06 am by the vicar »
I can't understand why these people who ADMIN this site hide these posts as it is most important that all people on here see as much as they can on the matter

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 15, 2020, 11:46:05 am by Glyn_Wigley »
''WHY is there so many ignorant and stupid people saying covid 19 is no more than a cols and a cough''

nailed it right there Vicar, I can forgive those that cannot access the news for one reason or another but it's not that any of this is a state secret is it?

Like this news?

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51214864

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 15, 2020, 11:54:18 am by IDM »
I can't understand why these people who ADMIN this site hide these posts as it is most important that all people on here see as much as they can on the matter

Because this is primarily a football forum..  anyone can see off topic.

Don’t forget this site will only give you peoples opinions and the links anyone posts.  As you are using the internet to see this, it’s just as easy to go on proper news channels to get your information there.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 15, 2020, 03:26:59 pm by the vicar »

Don’t forget this site will only give you peoples opinions and the links anyone posts.  As you are using the internet to see this, it’s just as easy to go on proper news channels to get your information there.
I think it's people shutting there eyes to it

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 15, 2020, 07:59:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Perhaps it's a form of natural selection that will thin out all those who persist in using 'there' instead of 'their' and vice versa! :silly:

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 15, 2020, 08:50:03 pm by NickDRFC »

I think it's people shutting there eyes to it

I think your reaction is a bit over the top. As others have said, ultimately this is a football forum not BBC news. There are still plenty of threads and replies so it’s not as though it’s not getting any airtime.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 17, 2020, 06:37:41 pm by the vicar »
What a STUPID COMMENT, that is what I meant people shutting there eyes to it, just look how many people are getting it and the death toll, then tell me its an over reaction you moron. There is no football to talk about at the minute so why not give it pride of place we can't spread the word enough

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 17, 2020, 06:46:51 pm by MachoMadness »
Have a w**k and chill out, mate. Your posts got moved, it's not a big deal.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 17, 2020, 06:49:52 pm by the vicar »
As I said it is a big deal, you would soon change your mind if a member of your family died with it god forbid. Tell the people that have lost someone to it that it is not a big deal
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 06:53:38 pm by the vicar »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 17, 2020, 06:56:14 pm by NickDRFC »
No one’s saying the virus isn’t a big deal - obviously it is, it’s a massive deal. A few posts being moved to the off topic section of a football forum is not a big deal. If you think that suggests people are turning a blind eye to it, or if you think people will be ignorant to the threat without threads being in the football section, then you need to give your head a wobble.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 17, 2020, 06:59:46 pm by the vicar »
Someone should give your head a wobble, what football is there to talk about at the minute

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 17, 2020, 09:05:13 pm by IDM »
It doesn’t matter which section of the forum these posts are on.. folks wanting to read other members’ thoughts on the pandemic can easily find them.. you’re making a problem out of nothing..

It’s more important that folks have a plan to look after themselves and their loved ones.  I hope you have this too, sincerely.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 17, 2020, 10:08:30 pm by the vicar »
I understand all that I feel for anyone that has Anything wrong with them no matter how little or bad it is, but on the main forum it is a lot easier to find and this should be the easier to find. You say it is not football related, well in fact it is as it is affecting the game we all love is it not

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 17, 2020, 10:10:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
As I said it is a big deal, you would soon change your mind if a member of your family died with it god forbid. Tell the people that have lost someone to it that it is not a big deal

I'm in the 'vulnerable' category due to being diabetic and having chronic liver disease and so having a compromised immune system as a result. If I catch it, I'm f**ked.

Am I as hysterical as you? No. Do you think acting as hysterical as you have been helps anybody in any way whatsoever? I think not.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 17, 2020, 10:13:08 pm by the vicar »
And you think you are on your own in the high risk category, I for one suffer from asthma and copd and I'm also diabetic

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 17, 2020, 10:14:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
And you think you are on your own in the high risk category, I for one suffer from asthma and copd and I'm also diabetic

Of course I don't think I'm the only person at high risk. My in-laws are at even greater danger than myself.

Do you still think posting in a hysterical and at times offensive manner helps anyone at all?

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 17, 2020, 10:23:42 pm by knockers »
Vicar- just choose “ show unread posts since last visit” when you log in. Then you won’t miss anything.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 17, 2020, 10:26:16 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I understand all that I feel for anyone that has Anything wrong with them no matter how little or bad it is, but on the main forum it is a lot easier to find and this should be the easier to find. You say it is not football related, well in fact it is as it is affecting the game we all love is it not

A lot easier to find? It's not hard at all to find this thread. You can just click 'show unread posts' at the top anyway.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 17, 2020, 10:31:58 pm by the vicar »
Vicar- just choose “ show unread posts since last visit” when you log in. Then you won’t miss anything.
it's not me I'm bothered about missing it just the powers that be on here seem to think it is too trivial to grace the main board, and are TRYING to get at me for for thinking about other people that might want to see any post on the subject

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 17, 2020, 10:33:31 pm by the vicar »
If I am wrong for thinking about other people then I am proud to do so as I think everyone should discuss the issues any way we can

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 17, 2020, 10:48:07 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If I am wrong for thinking about other people then I am proud to do so as I think everyone should discuss the issues any way we can

You're not wrong for thinking about other people at all. You're wrong for doing it in such an obnoxious way.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 17, 2020, 10:54:49 pm by the vicar »
So you are sayi I'm obnoxious for thinking about other people, where all I did was ask a question about the post and other people made something of it so, I will always fight my corner if people push, if they has not pushed I would NOT have carried it on I believe in having my say and if I think I am right I will push back

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 17, 2020, 10:57:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So you are sayi I'm obnoxious for thinking about other people, where all I did was ask a question about the post and other people made something of it so, I will always fight my corner if people push, if they has not pushed I would NOT have carried it on I believe in having my say and if I think I am right I will push back

Do you really need to have it spelt out for you again? OK, let's try another form of words.

No, you're being obnoxious in the manner you're thinking about other people. Not because you're thinking about other people in the first place.

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 17, 2020, 11:00:55 pm by auckleyflyer »
My god people, there's no football to talk about but something bigger than anything in 70yrs. Put it everywhere and hopefully we can all glean some information.
I have 2 girls who have every symptom of corona. I'm 2two days into a family isolation, and work at an airport that's just lost flybe last week who accounted for 70%of our business! (that's before corona fallout) f**k bickering about which sub f**king section of a donny rovers forum we should talk about this on!!!! 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012