Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:00:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mcsheffrey  (Read 4154 times)

donnyfan2

• Forum Member
Mcsheffrey
« on April 18, 2022, 04:16:26 pm by donnyfan2 »
Mcsheffrey out now, enough is enough, this is embarrasing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Mcsheffrey
« Reply #1 on April 18, 2022, 04:21:16 pm by since-1969 »
Baldwin are you looking now !!!!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 18, 2022, 04:27:37 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Come on start the recruitment process now so we can appoint someone in time for the January transfer window.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 18, 2022, 05:09:34 pm by RugbyRover »
You're all wrong.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 18, 2022, 05:15:44 pm by adamtherover »

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 18, 2022, 05:22:26 pm by glosterred »
If we decide to change manager, we need, with the track record we have, to start the process now. It takes the Rovers 4-6 weeks or more to appoint one. So if they decide to change we need to change and start the process as soon as possible

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 18, 2022, 05:23:48 pm by Upton Rover »
Totally agree or he will inflict more embarrassment next season in L2

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 18, 2022, 05:29:34 pm by selby »
  He has just turned a 3-0 half time deficit around, made tactical changes and personnel and shape of the team and I think you are in for a long summer, he will be here next season.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 18, 2022, 05:41:44 pm by Filo »
  He has just turned a 3-0 half time deficit around, made tactical changes and personnel and shape of the team and I think you are in for a long summer, he will be here next season.

I like a manager that doesn’t have us 3-0 down at half time

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 18, 2022, 05:42:10 pm by Upton Rover »

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 18, 2022, 05:43:31 pm by Upton Rover »
that’s just a 1 off, but agree we will be stuck with this clueless manager next season

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 18, 2022, 05:45:53 pm by scunny rover »
Straight back up as champions with Gary mc in charge

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 18, 2022, 05:47:59 pm by glosterred »

I like a manager that doesn’t have us 3-0 down at half time

I like a manager that has us 3-0 up at half time and doesn’t chuck it away with a 4-3 defeat

COYR

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 18, 2022, 05:49:05 pm by Pside »

Turning that 3 nil half time deficit is papering over cracks. We had to go for it and they were on the beach. His tactic and in game management have been woeful since he’s been in charge. I don’t think you’re right about the long summer. It will be a long winter too with him still here, copps as HOF and analysts from scunny.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 18, 2022, 05:56:01 pm by River Don »
Dusts off tin helmet and slips it on.

I think Rovers desperately need a period of stability, there have been far too many managerial changes of late.

Despite relegation i would back GM in League 2 next season. He's new to this role, there have been some improvements. Let him recruit again over the summer, properly give him the opportunity to build his own squad and then see how we get on.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 18, 2022, 05:56:26 pm by scawsby steve »

Exactly what evidence are you basing that on?

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 18, 2022, 06:04:30 pm by keith79 »

think he is taking the pizza.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 18, 2022, 06:12:38 pm by normal rules »
Change managers now and we will have  the same first half of the season as we have this season.
There are many teams in lge two with settled established managers. Teams that have gelled together with established defence midfield and attacks.
I don’t think we can afford to mix it up again this close to a new season starting.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 18, 2022, 06:15:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
Pretty much the only arguments for keeping in him role is that he was handed such a massive pile of shit to shovel that it is almost impossible to see whether he is good, bad or indifferent, and that him leaving now would mean yet another summer of disruption and upheaval.

Redroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 18, 2022, 06:16:50 pm by Redroy »
Pretty much the only arguments for keeping in him role is that he was handed such a massive pile of shit to shovel that it is almost impossible to see whether he is good, bad or indifferent, and that him leaving now would mean yet another summer of disruption and upheaval.

This is where I'm at. Would've hoped that he could have shown a bit more in his more than half a season in charge though.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 18, 2022, 06:17:46 pm by River Don »
It's a habit, always blame the manager always. Change. Change. Change. We'll end up like Watford and not in a good way.

We're not Italian.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 18, 2022, 06:27:11 pm by Upton Rover »

I think Rovers desperately need a period of stability, there have been far too many managerial changes of late.

Despite relegation i would back GM in League 2 next season. He's new to this role, there have been some improvements. Let him recruit again over the summer, properly give him the opportunity to build his own squad and then see how we get on.
crazy if we keep him

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 18, 2022, 06:27:59 pm by dickos1 »

Look at this forum after Ferguson got us relegated and there will be the same folk back then demanding the manager be sacked

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 18, 2022, 06:29:44 pm by karlos »
River Don not saying it’s good but changing the manager statistically works for Watford as they have stayed in the premiership for 7 out of 10 seasons

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 18, 2022, 06:30:12 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Yep, I agree too.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 18, 2022, 06:35:05 pm by RugbyRover »
You're all wrong.
explain...

There's a long answer and a short answer.

Short answer is that it takes time to build a football team. It doesn't happen in half a season. It takes time, and money. (A whole lot of spending money).

Its like putting together a jigsaw. You pick pieces up and try to make them fit and put them back down, try some others. You don't get it right first time.

GM's a raw coach. Of course he's going to make mistakes. But he'll learn from them.

There was a whole lot of damage done by McCann and Moore. There ain't no magic wand.

For the long answer you'll have to come over for a few beers. (everyone's welcome btw  :))

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 18, 2022, 06:38:51 pm by scawsby steve »

Look at this forum after Ferguson got us relegated and there will be the same folk back then demanding the manager be sacked

Bloody hell, Dickos, are you comparing GM with Fergie, who's got umpteen promotions on his CV?

Also, look at Fergie's recruitment for League 2; Marquis, Houghton, Mason, Rowe. Can you seriously see GM attracting players of that calibre for next season?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 18, 2022, 06:39:06 pm by River Don »
River Don not saying it’s good but changing the manager statistically works for Watford as they have stayed in the premiership for 7 out of 10 seasons

Conversely there is the example of Burnley, who have just commited self harm.

This is a personal thing but I think there is more satisfaction to be gained in watching a manager grow and develop a team over time. Rovers had it with Penney and then SOD and I prefer it that way.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 18, 2022, 06:39:26 pm by steve@dcfd »
Listening to GMC latest interview after todays game he not going to get sacked and had reassurance he will be here next season. He knows the players he wants and what is required to bounce back. Let’s hope the hierarchy know what is required financially to get the players we need and if they are keeping GMC then back him. He’s the guy who taking all the questions yet it appears the back room staff was not good enough. That is being address now but will this impinge on the finances for players.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 18, 2022, 06:43:05 pm by DRFCSouth »
I dont think he should be in a position to know whether he's in a safe position for next year.

With his performance since taking over, he should be looking over his shoulder. Its been diar. Not a work in progress.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012