Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:02:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ex Rover Billy Whitehouse.....  (Read 4209 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Ex Rover Billy Whitehouse.....
« Reply #30 on August 27, 2019, 10:44:08 am by RoversAlias »
Webster was unlucky tho - he could've been a very good player for Rovers had he not been curtailed by Henderson(?)

That's right Al, awful that injury at Sheff Utd was and Webster's track record after leaving us proved it was a good, if a fair bit random, pick-up out of the Czech league by SOD.

Having only managed a dozen or so games for us though, I'm comfortable with my original statement that Martis did more for us than Webster and those others combined.

Martis scored two memorable goals for us, one the winner against Ipswich to end a 12 game winless run in our first year in the Championship, on tele if I'm remembering right, and the other a last-gasp winner in a 4-3 thriller over Scunthorpe that is one of the goals I celebrated most in our time at the Keepmoat.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 27, 2019, 11:04:23 am by Chris Black come back »
He was a bit suspect.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 27, 2019, 11:37:28 am by swintonrover »
Martis was quality on loan for us, then we signed him and he turned to glass. Happens a lot, that.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 27, 2019, 12:02:06 pm by MachoMadness »
Martis was a good player when fully fit. One of the better CBs I've seen playing for us, he had it all. Shame he also had a body made of cream crackers.

streathamdave

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 27, 2019, 12:50:47 pm by streathamdave »
Valentino Sielis  was I think spotted by Micky Walker as one for the future. He was signed but not given a squad number and hence never had a chance, He was with us just before the Leeds match at Wembley. I don't edit wiki very often (In fact almost never), but I did before that game and the results can be seen on that programme.  As far as I am aware he wasn't named on squad list before or after so I'm claiming that one. Also around the same time Mike Tyson was on talksport and rather strangely shouted out "Doncaster, Doncaster, Doncaster". He had a friend linked to boxing in the area and briefly a Doncaster girlfriend. I wrote something about this on the wiki update  and if you look carefully at the Coke adverts in the matchday programme with supporters of each club you will see Mike Tyson. For an advert for Coke he will have had to have agreed that he could be put as a fan. Anyway, a bit of trivia for you all.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 27, 2019, 01:43:19 pm by RoversAlias »
That little bit of Mike Tyson trivia might explain the picture of him with staff in Pizza Jim's on Silver Street (I think that's the place, been a while now since I was in there) which I always thought was a bizarre occurrence.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 27, 2019, 02:36:44 pm by drfchound »
That little bit of Mike Tyson trivia might explain the picture of him with staff in Pizza Jim's on Silver Street (I think that's the place, been a while now since I was in there) which I always thought was a bizarre occurrence.

I seem to remember that he (Mike Tyson) was a friend of someone in Askern and had visited there a few years ago.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012