Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:40:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: NZ Maoris  (Read 4166 times)

German Rover

• Forum Member
NZ Maoris
« on November 16, 2012, 08:58:00 am by German Rover »
anyone not going to Portsmouth should give this a whirl.  The Rugby Club (the armthorpe road one) has a championship 15 against New Zealand Maoris at 1205 on saturday afternoon, only a tenner a ticket and the Maoris are a world class sports team.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

intake rover

• Forum Member
Re: NZ Maoris
« Reply #1 on November 16, 2012, 11:47:35 pm by intake rover »
i'm going with my son.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 17, 2012, 12:09:18 am by hoolahoop »
anyone not going to Portsmouth should give this a whirl.  The Rugby Club (the armthorpe road one) has a championship 15 against New Zealand Maoris at 1205 on saturday afternoon, only a tenner a ticket and the Maoris are a world class sports team.

Bugger I'm working this weekend , they will be picking up teeth for hours after that lot leave the pitch.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 17, 2012, 12:14:07 pm by eastender »
Live on Sky 1 now , 3-0 to the Championship side after 6 mins.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 17, 2012, 02:44:05 pm by RedJ »
anyone who went were there many of that famous "Maori sidestep"? :laugh:

intake rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 17, 2012, 04:17:39 pm by intake rover »
why can't the keepmoat have that kind of variation on drinks and food. been able to take you draught san miguel to your seets and a decent food counter as well.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 17, 2012, 06:03:56 pm by hoolahoop »
Perhaps we ought to make the suggestion to Gav Baldwin, he might like to check it out. It's also high time that footy supporters were treated in the same way as Rugby supporters in respect of how they can have a drink in their seats.  :mad:

nutwellrover in dublin

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 17, 2012, 06:11:05 pm by nutwellrover in dublin »
i am a regular at Castle Park. i all ways enjoy the whole experience, and your right Intake rover, nowt better than sat watching the game with pie chips peas and gravy oh and pint. Ok i realize that the rules regarding alcohol at a game are different but as for the rest of the match day experience and hospitality Rovers could learn a lot off Castle Park. Good game today and a good one for Rovers. RTID.   

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 17, 2012, 06:18:45 pm by hoolahoop »
Then it's time to change the rules, I bet there were many footy supporters there and I'm sure it didn't cause a problem did it ?

Uhtred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 17, 2012, 06:42:45 pm by Uhtred »
 :welcome: Well done Castle Park, great advert for Doncaster as a sporting venue. Worth going for the Hakka alone. Cow pie deserves a 5 star rating, beer £2 a pint { Tetleys Cask ) football really needs to take a look at other sports.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 17, 2012, 06:58:05 pm by hoolahoop »
How many were there and did all you footy supporters revert to type and wreck the place ?  ;)

nutwellrover in dublin

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 17, 2012, 07:09:49 pm by nutwellrover in dublin »
4900 and something.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 17, 2012, 07:11:39 pm by hoolahoop »
Excellent turnout considering the weather this morning, i thought it might put a few off.

nutwellrover in dublin

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 17, 2012, 07:59:25 pm by nutwellrover in dublin »
UHTRED. the Haka awesome to see! set up a match vikette who?

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 17, 2012, 08:05:03 pm by newyankee »

It's a Football League ruling, banning beer from seats, nothing to do with the Rovers.  Over here at Football ( American) and Baseball games, the hawkers come round selling beer, they do a great trade.

All due to typical minority idiots at football games in England, who spoil everythin g for everybody else.

nutwellrover in dublin

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 17, 2012, 08:30:37 pm by nutwellrover in dublin »
 :clapping:Newyankee, totally agree that the minority spoil it for the majority! sad and selfish. And as always today no segregation at all of fans at all. great time good game. 

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 18, 2012, 02:54:41 am by phllvslc »
This is the Haka from the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK6fngUTFbU

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 18, 2012, 09:38:05 am by colincramb »
Unfortunately the minority of idiots that still think it's the 1980s ruin it for everyone else, that's why we can't have a pint at a game. In terms of castle park, much better venue than the keepmoat! Hardly any queues yesterday, cheap ale and even a smoking area if you're that way inclined!

teeceerrr

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 18, 2012, 02:34:16 pm by teeceerrr »
It was a great day and such a stark contrast to watching the Rovers. Cheap quality beer, quality food, people staying behind afterward for a couple of drinks. All in all a good sociable day out.

In contrast the beer at the Rovers is massively overpriced as is the food and soft drinks. You're herded out after the game so the doors can be locked as soon as possible and it's generally unwelcoming. A couple of Saturdays ago a group of people were stood watching the results come in on the concourse tv just after the final whistle and the stewards went and turned all the tv's off. I've noticed since then the tv's are already off at the final whistle.

Get the Rovers board and chief exec to Castle park to see how they do it and then maybe something will get sorted and the fans at the Keepmoat might stop being treated like an inconvenience.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 18, 2012, 02:40:59 pm by Dagenham Rover »
It was a great day and such a stark contrast to watching the Rovers. Cheap quality beer, quality food, people staying behind afterward for a couple of drinks. All in all a good sociable day out.

In contrast the beer at the Rovers is massively overpriced as is the food and soft drinks. You're herded out after the game so the doors can be locked as soon as possible and it's generally unwelcoming. A couple of Saturdays ago a group of people were stood watching the results come in on the concourse tv just after the final whistle and the stewards went and turned all the tv's off. I've noticed since then the tv's are already off at the final whistle.
Get the Rovers board and chief exec to Castle park to see how they do it and then maybe something will get sorted and the fans at the Keepmoat might stop being treated like an inconvenience.

This has been passed on to the club before (admittedly when the smc were in charge) it improved for a few weeks then ended up exactly the same

nutwellrover in dublin

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 18, 2012, 05:38:25 pm by nutwellrover in dublin »
game finished around 1.45 and at 4.30/5.00 plenty were still leaving can only assume they screened the England V Australia international. If so quality use of facilities, This may tie in with the post game dinner offer for around £10.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 18, 2012, 05:50:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Perhaps Gavin should try the Keepmoat concourse experience first, I'm sure at half time he'll be able to see potential profit opportunities being wasted.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see Spotless providing anything other than a a different variety of averageness when it comes to the fare on offer.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 18, 2012, 05:54:54 pm by hoolahoop »
Perhaps Gavin should try the Keepmoat concourse experience first, I'm sure at half time he'll be able to see potential profit opportunities being wasted.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see Spotless providing anything other than a a different variety of averageness when it comes to the fare on offer.

All the owners and Directors should try the concourses! If they want to make decent profits out of this enterprise they need to look , listen and change as well as talk in meetings and fora

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 19, 2012, 02:03:16 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It's a stupid rule about not being able to have a drink in your seat,it doesn't stop trouble,as long as it's in plastic glasses i don't see the problem,you should be treated as a valued customer,like the american's treat their supporters,there will always be the odd one who has had too much to drink and causes bother,but for me sitting in your seat and having a drink,there's nothing wrong with that,by the way i'm not bothered either way,because i don't like the old ale,but there's plenty who do and deserve to drink if they want in comfort,football hasn't fully recovered from the Thatcher years were supporters were treated as scum.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 19, 2012, 02:16:44 pm by roversontheup »
I was told by a regular at Castle Park that the beer was reduced from around £3.50 per pint for the Maori game.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #25 on November 19, 2012, 04:11:55 pm by GM-MarkB »
It's a stupid rule about not being able to have a drink in your seat,it doesn't stop trouble,as long as it's in plastic glasses i don't see the problem,you should be treated as a valued customer,like the american's treat their supporters,there will always be the odd one who has had too much to drink and causes bother,but for me sitting in your seat and having a drink,there's nothing wrong with that,by the way i'm not bothered either way,because i don't like the old ale,but there's plenty who do and deserve to drink if they want in comfort,football hasn't fully recovered from the Thatcher years were supporters were treated as scum.

On one of my trips to the States I went to see the Buccaneers host the 49'ers. Was a blazing hot Florida day and most people round me were drinking beers. One guy had had a few too many and was getting a little rowdy. I nearly pi$$ed myself when a FEMALE security guard came up and in no uncertain terms told him to 'sit down or you're out !'....his sheepish reply of 'yes Ma'am, sorry' will live with me forever  :lol:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012