Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:10:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Anyone know.....?  (Read 3835 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Anyone know.....?
« on November 17, 2012, 12:19:11 am by BobG »
Anyone know what David Blunt's role is on the Board? Or why and how he's managed to keep such an extremely low profile whilst acquiring a sizeable number of shares? Interesting that he's a close colleague of a couple of none directors too.

Cheers

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Anyone know.....?
« Reply #1 on November 17, 2012, 12:43:33 am by hoolahoop »
Didn't know he was a shareholder, was that where that extra money in the Patienceform accounts came from then ?
I just thought he was a minor director without portfolio so to speak.  :blink:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:56:35 am by hoolahoop »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 17, 2012, 12:50:26 am by BobG »
I might be wrong. I didn't spend an age double checking everything. But I believe he has several hundred thousand quids worth. If he hasn't, it would make his presence extremely curious in a different kind of way wouldn't it?

BobG

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 17, 2012, 12:54:35 am by Muttley »
From the Current Appointments report (attached) on Companies House, he isn't a director - just JR & Gavin Baldwin.

The last set of accounts (y/e 31/5/2011) show him as being appointed on 24/11/2010 but can't see that or any subsequent termination on Companies House.

Bob - where do you see his shareholding?

[attachment deleted by cleanup process]

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 17, 2012, 01:03:52 am by hoolahoop »
From the Current Appointments report (attached) on Companies House, he isn't a director - just JR & Gavin Baldwin.

The last set of accounts (y/e 31/5/2011) show him as being appointed on 24/11/2010 but can't see that or any subsequent termination on Companies House.

Bob - where do you see his shareholding?
Interesting 11 ''terminated'' directorships in 12 months + 1 Co.Secretary makes for strange restructuring and now we have only 2 Directors in total ?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 17, 2012, 01:21:12 am by Muttley »
Didn't know he was a shareholder, was that where that extra money in the Patienceform accounts came from then ?
I just thought he was a minor director without portfolio so to speak.  :blink:

Somebody said on here a while back that McKay claimed to have put hundreds of thousands into DRFC, so it could well be him.

Bob - a director doesn't necessarily need to have a specific "role" on the board eg Finance Director etc

Who is David Blunt anyway?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 17, 2012, 01:47:21 am by Mr1Croft »
I might be wrong. I didn't spend an age double checking everything. But I believe he has several hundred thousand quids worth. If he hasn't, it would make his presence extremely curious in a different kind of way wouldn't it?

BobG

Bob,

David Blunt is NOT a major shareholder in Patienceform ltd. With each share having a par value of £1 and the last I checked (which is from the annual return in March 2011) there was over 12 Million Shares issued, and if JR, TB and DW have been plugging the shortfall and converting this into shares I imagine that the figure has risen even further which means you would need well over a million to get near 10%.

As for his role I'm not entirely sure, what I am aware of is that John Ryan had the courtesy to get in touch with the VSC when he bought into the club. Being the CEO at Keepmoat Holdings (which lead the buyout to give DW and TB their money) he put some of his retirement money into Paitenceform limited. Despite Compaines House showing him appointed on 24/11/2010 on the Annual Return of 24/03/2011 he is not listed as a Director, which reads to me that his directorship was short lived or as good as non-existent.

I don't think there is any cause for concern over this gentleman, he has put some money into the club and despite being given share capital in return with a par value of £1 per share, being the unsteady economy that corporate football finance is they are as good as worthless, nobody who enters football with a view to make a return does so by buying shares or through their role on the Board, and should that ever happen I can assure you the VSC will be the first to question the legitimacy.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 17, 2012, 06:13:50 am by Wellred »
Here we go again. Does BobG actually trust anybody. You must be a joy to live with.

sf9944

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 17, 2012, 08:54:26 am by sf9944 »
Spent all summer alluding to similar conspiracy theories.  Went quiet when we had a good start to the season.  And now he's back at it again.  Hmmmm

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 17, 2012, 08:57:20 am by silent majority »
Somebody is setting Bob up and that particular person knows this issue has been dealt with, its trouble causing for its own sake.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 17, 2012, 08:56:57 pm by hoolahoop »
Somebody is setting Bob up and that particular person knows this issue has been dealt with, its trouble causing for its own sake.

Why and who would set Bob up ? He's simply asked for clarification on summat that was puzzling him ; which you have supplied .  :blink:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 18, 2012, 01:19:46 am by dickos1 »
This was discussed weeks ago

neil grainger

« Reply #12 on November 18, 2012, 06:42:02 pm by neil grainger »
Not yet another conspiracy theory?

This is getting a tad tedious.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 18, 2012, 07:16:11 pm by hoolahoop »
Not yet another conspiracy theory?

This is getting a tad tedious.

Nah just a conspiracy theory about a conspiracy theory. I didn't know there were now restrictions on folk asking about the details of DRFC structure !! To me it was obvious that Bob was asking because he clearly didn't know (neither did I for that matter) what role Blunt played, tbf I'm still none the wiser but I'm also looking for somewhere to get a bigger return on my current pensions. Is this open to everyone ?  :unsure:

neil grainger

« Reply #14 on November 18, 2012, 07:25:56 pm by neil grainger »
I've got no problem with Bob's question Hoola, and I respect Bob greatly.

I just think the question could have been left after Bob's first sentence, without the need for the 2nd and 3rd.

Of course questions should be asked about the running of the club - especially with our history.
Maybe I'm being naive but I trust SM and his motives, and I believe what he tells us.

So I'd rather we asked him questions in an open and straightforward way regarding any concerns we have, rather than in a 'nod, nod, wink, wink' kind of way which constantly implies there is a secret and disturbing agenda going on behind the scenes at DRFC.

That's why I posted my comment, no offence meant to anyone.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 18, 2012, 07:46:14 pm by hoolahoop »
Fair point ng and I agree that SM and his team are shaking things up properly from what I see and hear. However I can't see why you felt that the OP was in your words 'nodding, winking' etc. 

Bob has never been shy in the past about asking questions about the club and that's how it should be. I'm not sure that the question was initially asked of SM either is he now the only one who has any information ref. the machinations of DRFC..........it must be taxing for him.

Dickie Dido

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 18, 2012, 11:40:34 pm by Dickie Dido »
Italian?

[attachment deleted by cleanup process]

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 18, 2012, 11:57:13 pm by hoolahoop »
Sorry Dido not with you ?  :unsure:

Filo