Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 05:57:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Did ok then  (Read 3649 times)

robchester

• Forum Member
Did ok then
« on November 17, 2012, 10:04:08 pm by robchester »
didn't get today but guess we were ok as the moaners aren't around.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Did ok then
« Reply #1 on November 17, 2012, 10:10:29 pm by RedJ »
can anyone give a summary and maybe a rating out of ten of the players?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 17, 2012, 10:22:30 pm by adamtherover »
You know what Rob, I was thinking exactly same.. last week. 50 posts about how shite the world is.  Tonight, nothing, those that went are probs just getting home, but it looks like ds got his tactics spot on again.. will he get any credit.. I doubt it.

Rtid

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 17, 2012, 10:32:50 pm by MachoMadness »
I'm expecting that every time we lose this season. It's probably a byproduct of our unprecedented success these last few years, people are a lot more fickle. Also I do understand that our more defensive style is frustrating to watch when it doesn't quite work and we lose.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 17, 2012, 10:36:58 pm by RedJ »
I'm expecting that every time we lose this season. It's probably a byproduct of our unprecedented success these last few years, people are a lot more fickle. Also I do understand that our more defensive style is frustrating to watch when it doesn't quite work and we lose.

Also people are determined to slaughter the manager simply because he's not his predecessor therefore has to be tactically inept.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 17, 2012, 10:44:07 pm by wilts rover »
A very even game I thought and a draw would have been a fair result, they missed two great chances, Mcleod putting it came from our mistakesover the bar with only Woods to beat being the best of them, but credit to Woods for closing him down.
We had quite a lot of the ball but how many times did we give it away in midfield, shocking. All their best chances came from our mistakes. In open play Jones and Spurr were dealing with everything.
It definately wasn't a hit them on the break game, we did try to pass the ball around, its just that we gave it away a lot. But it did come off sometimes too and we had some good little spells of pressure, Jones had a header from a corner that was cleared off the line, Coterrill put a great cross in that no-one could get on the end of, Saying that though their defence was awful, you can see why they are where they are.
Really good battling team performance, all the defence played well, Griffin maybe done for pace and positioning a couple of times, Paynter and Hume in particulat worked hard, M Woods I thought had a good game, put a couple of good crosses in, one lead to the goal, a shot that tested the keeper and worked back in defence, Cotterill was hit and miss, G Woods cant fault anything he did but you are never sure when a cross comes in, Harper and Keegan seemed to think we were playing in blue. Jones easily mom though.
Lots of positives and lots to build on.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 17, 2012, 10:44:51 pm by dumbroofer »
spot on MM ,when you play a couple of hundred miles away and win,it could be ugly or mullered the home side its the result you look at.
but at home if you play shite(for the use of a better word) and lose,draw or even win there will be moaning.
heres a moan from me,i passed supporters coach this morning on bawtry road and said to my young one that i wished i was on it with them.
mojo returning???
anyway well done to the lads and those lads n lasses then made the effort to go down there.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 17, 2012, 10:46:31 pm by StocktonRover »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 17, 2012, 10:48:11 pm by wilts rover »
I can't fault DS, tactically we were excellent today and looked really strong and difficult to break down, he has them well organised and working for one another. What he doesnt have are the skilfull individuals that O'Driscoll had, which is hardly his fault.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 17, 2012, 10:50:11 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Really good battling team performance,

Win ugly, win pretty  I don't care  as long as................

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 17, 2012, 10:51:09 pm by MachoMadness »

Also people are determined to slaughter the manager simply because he's not his predecessor therefore has to be tactically inept.

That's a fair point. There's a decent portion of our fans who for one reason or another don't like Deano, they've already made their minds up that they don't like him when he was first appointed and would rather be proven right about him than hold their hands up if he turns out to be a good manager. I've got to admit I don't understand that, surely people can see the near-miraculous turnaround he's performed around the club in such a short time even if they don't appreciate the football?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 17, 2012, 11:01:11 pm by adamtherover »
Jones easily MOM!
[/quote

The corporal is back!  :-)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 17, 2012, 11:10:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Forty per-cent through the season. A season that follows 18 months of on-pitch disarray.

We're currently picking up results that will see us get 82 points if we keep it up all season.

And we still get far more voluble complaints than praise.

I really do wonder what is driving some fans at the moment.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 18, 2012, 12:17:55 am by Viking Don »
We're an away side. Have I said that before?

If you discount Yeovil, who will always beat us home and away no matter what, we're unbeaten away from home this season. That's some record, looking at the table we seem to have the same problem as Notts County.

Good to see M. Woods back where he can do some damage, please keep him there.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 18, 2012, 12:23:51 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If we get our home performances right (we will do imo) we'll go up. I think there's similarities to the last promotion season and when we find a formula at home we'll be right up there, in reality we should be up the top as the defeats we've had are largely games that weren't exactly hammerings.

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 18, 2012, 08:57:33 am by SIRFRAN »
I wanted saunders out pre season, but he's winning me round - how can you argue with 30pts on the board and a move into 3rd position, 4pts off the top if we win our game in hand at oldham!!

I don't think deanos made a bad signing either this season! I'm normally the first to slate saunders so I'm gonna take this moment to eat a huge piece of humble pie and say Well done Deano - keep it up!!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 19, 2012, 02:08:10 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Do you want pepper or salt on your pie Sir Fran? :laugh:,he's done well,if we had the same record at home it would be almost perfect,i think the home record will improve over the coming months.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 19, 2012, 10:04:25 am by ctay »
Another solid no thrills display. We are very hard to beat, which is fantastic. A long way to go both on the pitch and for the season, but if we do sort our home form out...who knows!

Player wise Saturday, as usual Jones was solid, thought Griffin was good. To be honest they all worked bloody hard, which is why we are getting the results.

Gary Woods did well in goal, Martyn showed flashes of clash but gave the simple ball away too much.

Woods 7, Griffin 7, Jones 8, Spurr 7, Husband 7, Cotterill 6, Harper 7, Keegan 6, Woods 6, Paynter 6, Hume 7.

3 points is what its all about though.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 19, 2012, 01:27:18 pm by MrFrost »
I wanted saunders out pre season, but he's winning me round - how can you argue with 30pts on the board and a move into 3rd position, 4pts off the top if we win our game in hand at oldham!!

I don't think deanos made a bad signing either this season! I'm normally the first to slate saunders so I'm gonna take this moment to eat a huge piece of humble pie and say Well done Deano - keep it up!!

Game in hand is at home, not at Oldham.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 19, 2012, 09:17:41 pm by BobG »
That's buggered it then!

Lol!

BobG

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 19, 2012, 09:29:45 pm by newyankee »

I have to say how nice it is to have a post where everyone is positive. I suppose the heading, Did ok then? puts off the moaners. Maybe ALL posts should start positive and then the moaners will soon get fed up. Agree totally that some won't give DS credit even if we win promotion.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 20, 2012, 12:01:52 am by RobTheRover »
And they seem to be conspicuous by their absence from this thread.

Maybe the VSC need to invest in a supporter's counselling service (or just hide the razor blades following a defeat). ;)

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 20, 2012, 12:58:05 am by newyankee »
 Yes, great isn't it Rob?

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 20, 2012, 07:01:12 am by SIRFRAN »
You can put anything on the pie sammy - I'm just glad he's proving myself and his doubters wrong.

He had a disaster last season, and I always said I would judge him this season closer to christmas - and how can anyone argue with the transformation from last season?? The footballs not been brilliant but who cares - deanos doing a solid job and I just hope others who doubted him feel the same way!

The identity of our club which I believe we lost in the last 18months is coming back! As well as crediting deano I also thing gary baldwin and the club as a whole are doing a great job!! Keep it up Rovers!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012