Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:08:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Quote of the day  (Read 2664 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Quote of the day
« on July 07, 2010, 11:58:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
From Billy's interview with DFP

I believe we can get in the play-offs - and if enough of us believe then we can achieve it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Premier_Rover

• Forum Member
Re:Quote of the day
« Reply #1 on July 08, 2010, 02:57:18 pm by Premier_Rover »
Quote of the day won't be:

\"I wish I didn't get injured, I would have got 20 goals and a Premiership club would have come in for me\"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  :angry:

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 08, 2010, 05:36:52 pm by scuzzer »
I've no problem at all with that attitude PR, surely the fact that he thinks he's good enough for the PL means that he's going to be just as determined to show it again next year.

There's one thing for sure, if a Premier League team's in for him this time next year we'll be in for a tidy profit and will have had a hell of a season.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 08, 2010, 05:43:33 pm by dknward2 »
maybe we will be the premiership team he is with next season ???

GM-MarkB

« Reply #4 on July 08, 2010, 06:01:43 pm by GM-MarkB »
From Copps interview on the OS :

Doncaster Rovers midfielder James Coppinger was back at training the day after Rover's 2-0 win over Askern Villa, in their first pre-season match of the 2010/2011 season on Wednesday night.

Coppinger, who has been at Doncaster Rovers for six years, told your Official Website how pre-season training was progressing and how he was looking forward to the start of the season with some new faces in the squad.

\"It's been tough but not too hard\" said Coppinger.

\"We've had the balls out from day one so I'm enjoying it.\"

:blink:

What kind of pre-season training has he got them doing ???

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 08, 2010, 06:12:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
scuzzer wrote:

There's one thing for sure, if a Premier League team's in for him this time next year we'll be in for a tidy profit and will have had a hell of a season.

SOMEONE may well be in for a tidy profit. I wonder if I'm being unduly cynical in thinking that the \"someone\" may not be the club. but the folk who paid the transfer fee?

Not that I'm complaining. We as a club cannot afford this sort of fee, so we as a club could not complain if someone else bankrolls a signing on the condition that they get the profit if and when the lad leaves.

ljm-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 08, 2010, 06:20:20 pm by ljm-drfc »
Why are we talking about him leaving when he's only just signed?? He is going to be a Rovers legend!  ;)

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 08, 2010, 07:19:45 pm by scuzzer »
All that matters to me is that he's here now and sounds like he's chomping at the bit to succeed with us. Whoever profits in the future is purely the decision of those who've speculated on a scale like we've never seen before in trying to bring success to the club.

Roll on 7th August.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 08, 2010, 08:15:48 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »
GM-MarkB wrote:

More evidence of the 'teabagging' culture at Rovers

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 08, 2010, 08:19:22 pm by Nudga »
Dr Fundlekrotch wrote:
GM-MarkB wrote:

More evidence of the 'teabagging' culture at Rovers

In this weather as well!, their nadgers will be like old ladies elbows.

Bikka

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 08, 2010, 08:38:33 pm by Bikka »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
scuzzer wrote:

SOMEONE may well be in for a tidy profit. I wonder if I'm being unduly cynical in thinking that the \"someone\" may not be the club. but the folk who paid the transfer fee?

Not that I'm complaining. We as a club cannot afford this sort of fee, so we as a club could not complain if someone else bankrolls a signing on the condition that they get the profit if and when the lad leaves.

To be fair I'm not sure that's why the bought him, but even if they did do it for that reason (and it's an almighty big if), can they speculate some more please  ;)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 08, 2010, 10:25:53 pm by wilts rover »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
scuzzer wrote:

Sheff Utd loose appeal!!
Am I not right in thinking that it would be illegal under FA/FL rules for a condition like that to be written into the transfer or bankloan agreement. It would indicate that a third party 'owns' the player - which is what all the fuss over Tevez was about and why the FA changed their rules to stop it happening again.

Now what the conditions are over our directors 'loaning' the club money and how they will recieve it back I have no idea (and am not really interested). But as they put in a reported £3m (reported on here and that is pre new wage deals) between them just to keep the club afloat - I think they will be waiting a while to see any profit - they may just loose a little less.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 08, 2010, 10:51:45 pm by RobTheRover »
Correct

And is that a Sheff Utd loose change appeal?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012