Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:21:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Best new stadium you have visited  (Read 2565 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Best new stadium you have visited
« on September 24, 2010, 05:00:27 pm by River Don »
This is far more challenging, which is the best new ground? Don't just say they're all crap, one has to be marginally less crap than the others.

I think I'd go for the redeveloped Deepdale. It isn't just a soulless bowl. Visually the stadium looks great, I particularly like the corner floodlights and the clear roof panels and walls that give the place a light feel.

Perhaps the very best is a national stadium though. The Millenium stadium looks impressive, is located in a fantastic position right in the heart of the city, has great acoustics and the roof closes! All the way!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re:Best new stadium you have visited
« Reply #1 on September 24, 2010, 05:03:17 pm by mushRTID »
The location of the Millenium stadium is brilliant, I wish the Keepmoat had been build in town somewhere, you could fall out of Hogans or Walkabout from watching the early kick off and into the ground. God that would be great.

I like the KC to be honest. Just a shame its in Hull.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 24, 2010, 05:04:10 pm by Filo »
I thought underneath the stand at the millenium on the lower tier was a shithole. Villa park underneath the stand was crap as well, no where near enough room!

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 24, 2010, 05:06:47 pm by CJK »
Sunderlands Stadium of Light wins for me. In some ways its just different to all the other bowl stadia we frequent nowadays. The atmosphere is truely awesome aswell, there isn't a decibel lost in there, the Mackams sure now how to get the place rocking.

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 24, 2010, 05:23:11 pm by DINGLE »
Sunderland & Derbys are the best 2 Followed closely by Eastlands

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 24, 2010, 05:28:51 pm by River Don »
Filo wrote:
I thought underneath the stand at the millenium on the lower tier was a shithole. Villa park underneath the stand was crap as well, no where near enough room!

I know holding any sort of positive view is a massive strain for many South Yorkshire folk but go on Filo you can do it, reach for the stars lad and tell us which new stadium you actually like!

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 24, 2010, 09:16:44 pm by Wokingviking »
The Galpharm (or McAlpine when it was new) is a bit different from the usual bowl.  Have a soft spot for the Brittannia though...

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 24, 2010, 10:39:14 pm by Woodhead Passer »
Swansea's Liberty Stadium is an impressive stadium

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 24, 2010, 10:54:52 pm by hoolahoop »
Bolton's Reebok is a great stadium , I visited it for a match very early days. The layout and surrounding areas are superb and of course the Millennium.

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 24, 2010, 11:01:03 pm by gillinghamrover »
For me the new Wembley, been there a few times for footy (and concerts). IMO Wembley(although its end cost was over priced!) is much better than the Millenium Stadium(pretty shoddy behind the scenes,but has got a fully sliding roof). Club wise ....the KC.

neil grainger

« Reply #10 on September 24, 2010, 11:55:50 pm by neil grainger »
I will never, ever forget walking out of the Irish Club in Gallowgate and making my way towards the towering edifice of St. James' Park, shoulder-to-shoulder with hordes of Newcastle supporters interspersed with the Red and White hoops of my fellow Donny fans.

I had to look up and take a deep breath, almost pinch myself to believe this was really happening.

I didn't even mind the 14 flights of stairs up to the Crow's Nest which was the away end of this amazing stadium.

It's an experience which will live with me forever. My beloved Rovers playing Newcastle Utd on level terms.

Dream come true Bonny Lads.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 25, 2010, 12:00:52 am by mutleyrover »
Emirates for the stadium but sadly lacking in atmosphere most games. Every seat is cushioned with loads of leg room and facilities are excellent.

I have a particular fondness for Pride Park too.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 25, 2010, 02:18:01 am by BobG »
Depdale for me too. I liked the architecture. Somone clearly actually thought about it and didn't have a misers' budget to work with. But budget is not everything: for me Wembley is still a shit hole. Rubbish location, rubbish facilities locally, rubbish pricing and rubbish architecture. Delusions of grandeur written all over it. I like Mansfeld as well: tidy, functional and well thought out.

BobG

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 25, 2010, 02:34:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I thought the Riverside was better in the flesh than on TV and, Derby is impressive. Both of which seem to cater for the fans a lot better.

The prices for food and drink at Middlesborough were a lot cheaper than the KM. Derby has lots of outlets both inside and on the outside of the stadium. You can even step outside for a fag/burger/tea at half time.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 25, 2010, 06:52:21 pm by silent majority »
The Stadium Of Light - Lisbon, Portugal

Fantastic stadium!

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 25, 2010, 07:13:18 pm by ridgewoodrover »
Not really a new ground but I do like the new Valley.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 25, 2010, 10:05:45 pm by BobG »
silent_majority wrote:
The Stadium Of Light - Lisbon, Portugal

Fantastic stadium!

I like both of those grounds SM. Really impressive modern stadia aren't they? Bet it's fun if they noth ever happen to be at home at the same time! Far too close to each other :):)

BobG

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 26, 2010, 09:43:13 am by German Rover »
Borrussia Park- Monchengladbach. Looks a little bit like the Keepmoat on steroids from the outside, but thats where the story ends. Massive terrace inside, 50000 every week. Oh and the bloke with the beer in his backpack who comes round the ground. The atmosphere is immense as well.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012