Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:56:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fairhurst going out on loan again  (Read 3837 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Fairhurst going out on loan again
« on October 06, 2010, 06:09:49 pm by Filo »
Fairhurst to Southend on loan

Strange one considering our lack of available strikers, unless...........

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
Re:Fairhurst going out on loan again
« Reply #1 on October 06, 2010, 06:26:13 pm by Wokingviking »
He's just heading home for a while (we all know he is \"Plan B\" masquerading as a footballer from Donny).

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/plan-b

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 06, 2010, 09:50:53 pm by CusworthRovers »
Said he's going on loan lo lo lo loaaaaaaan

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 07, 2010, 10:12:03 am by wing commander »
Well im glad it makes sense to you rigo,as it doesn't make any to me.We have Sharp (nursing a bad groin) and Hayter (just returning from a lengthy spell out) and Brooker who hasnt even looked close to being fit on the few occasions he has been able to manage it..
   The only other striker we have is Fairhurst,and we cant recall him on his first month loan spell.We must have somebody coming in, and even then i wouldnt let Fairhurst out till he was here for definite.If we havent got anybody coming in then i think its a stupid move..
   I like Fairhurst but SOD is going to have to decide if this lad is good enough to play here or not else he will turn him into another Nellthorpe.  :angry:

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 07, 2010, 11:50:55 am by NickDRFC »
Ever thought that SOD's moved him out because he's simply not good enough yet?

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 07, 2010, 12:09:34 pm by moses »
Or that he will get the first week of his loan out of the way when DRFC have no games.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 07, 2010, 12:19:05 pm by Filo »
NickDRFC wrote:
Ever thought that SOD's moved him out because he's simply not good enough yet?

Possibly, but \"not good enough\" is better than no options at all

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 07, 2010, 04:51:01 pm by Mike_F »
From BBC:

He told BBC Essex: \"I asked the gaffer a couple of weeks ago if I could go out and get some games but Doncaster had injuries at the time.

The current move suggests that we have some cover coming in for the injuries, either from a fit again Hayter or maybe a loanee.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 07, 2010, 06:46:19 pm by DonnyRTID »
Mike_F wrote:
From BBC:

He told BBC Essex: \"I asked the gaffer a couple of weeks ago if I could go out and get some games but Doncaster had injuries at the time.

The current move suggests that we have some cover coming in for the injuries, either from a fit again Hayter or maybe a loanee.

A young striker from Leicester has been having trials this week.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 07, 2010, 07:55:29 pm by Surrey Rover »
I would imagine SOD has thought it through before allowing Fairhurst go out on loan. There's a very strong possibility we will be without Sharp for at least one game during the next month in view of the fact he's picked up 4 yellow cards in 10 games and with several key matches coming up I wouldn't lay too much money on the 5th not arriving before Fairhurst is back.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 08, 2010, 12:18:47 am by NigelJ »
Surrey Rover wrote:
I would imagine SOD has thought it through before allowing Fairhurst go out on loan. There's a very strong possibility we will be without Sharp for at least one game during the next month in view of the fact he's picked up 4 yellow cards in 10 games and with several key matches coming up I wouldn't lay too much money on the 5th not arriving before Fairhurst is back.

What's the betting Sharp will pick up his fifth booking at home v Derby, so miss the Sheff Utd game. Maybe his intention?  :ohmy:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 08, 2010, 12:28:18 am by Dagenham Rover »
NigelJ wrote:
Surrey Rover wrote:

What's the betting Sharp will pick up his fifth booking at home v Derby, so miss the Sheff Utd game. Maybe his intention? :ohmy:

oohh cynical or what   would'nt surprise me though

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 08, 2010, 08:27:07 am by Alan Southstand »
We've got an away day at Scunny first, though!

I still havn't got over last season's game, yet!

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 08, 2010, 11:54:14 am by NigelJ »
Alan Southstand wrote:
We've got an away day at Scunny first, though!

I know we have, but that wasn't my point.
A booking in the Scunthorpe game would mean he misses the Derby County game, which may not be his intention.  ;)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 08, 2010, 02:05:21 pm by ravenrover »
Would one of the \"Fairhurst admirers\" please tell me what I am missing? I have played and watched football for over 40 years and can't for the life of me see how this lad has got a professional contract with a CHAMPIONSHIP club, IMHO he would struggle in a Conference team, everytime I've seen him play I've come away wondering what SOD sees in him particularly after the Acc Stanley game he was very poor and that should have been a big opportunity for him. I know he scored a couple of goals last season but one was nearly over the line anyway. I'm sorry but I just can't see it!

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 08, 2010, 03:04:21 pm by NigelJ »
ravenrover wrote:
Would one of the \"Fairhurst admirers\" please tell me what I am missing? I have played and watched football for over 40 years and can't for the life of me see how this lad has got a professional contract with a CHAMPIONSHIP club, IMHO he would struggle in a Conference team, everytime I've seen him play I've come away wondering what SOD sees in him particularly after the Acc Stanley game he was very poor and that should have been a big opportunity for him. I know he scored a couple of goals last season but one was nearly over the line anyway. I'm sorry but I just can't see it!

Eh? The one at West Brom was a square ball put into the six-yard box (so wouldn't have gone in without his intervention), the second in the next game was an instinctive finish with the goalkeeper stranded, from about 10 yards out.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 08, 2010, 03:19:08 pm by CusworthRovers »
I'm not in the Fairhurst is god gang. I just think he may have potential, and at this stage, that's all we can say on what we have seen. I feel if we were not the club we are and where we are, he would play far more games and maybe our No1 striker.

The only thing I can say he does consistently and probably better than anyone else in the club (although Billy is up there) is hit the ball hard and true. Unfortunately we can only judge this on the shooting practice in the warm ups.

jb stainforth

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 08, 2010, 05:13:06 pm by jb stainforth »
ravenrover wrote:
Would one of the \"Fairhurst admirers\" please tell me what I am missing? I have played and watched football for over 40 years and can't for the life of me see how this lad has got a professional contract with a CHAMPIONSHIP club, IMHO he would struggle in a Conference team, everytime I've seen him play I've come away wondering what SOD sees in him particularly after the Acc Stanley game he was very poor and that should have been a big opportunity for him. I know he scored a couple of goals last season but one was nearly over the line anyway. I'm sorry but I just can't see it![
/quote]

spot on m8 he is slow on the fat side and wont make it at this level
if he was asked to do the same running as billy does he would be
blowing bubbles by half time

TinyPortal © 2005-2012