Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:16:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: sunday league players advice please  (Read 2695 times)

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
sunday league players advice please
« on July 01, 2010, 09:49:23 am by roverssam1879 »
Not strictly to do with the mighty rovers , but i know the ever flowing knowledge on here is 2nd to none ;)

i am just requesting some advice on new footy boots, although i already have owned many pairs i was reading an article on injurys due to ill fitting boots and i think i may have fallen into the category, it was suggested on a website that it is sometimes best to choose a boot size smaller than your normal trainer shoe size, i usually wear size 8 trainers but like to have a tight fitting football boot when playing a match, would a size 7.5 be the best way to A. PREVENT INJURY and B. TO ENABLE A BETTER FEEL FOR THE BALL ?

I do not buy whatever boots the ronaldos or rooneys wear, i buy the boots best for myself, just wonderd about the size ?

hope you can help this trivial request, im playing for a team full of blades and owls in sheffield, so i want to show them how a real Teams fan plays.

thanks roverssam.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re:sunday league players advice please
« Reply #1 on July 01, 2010, 09:53:42 am by Filo »
A team full of Blades and Owls? you`ll be the envy of those if you get a pair of these  :laugh:

roverssam107

« Reply #2 on July 01, 2010, 10:30:51 am by roverssam107 »
Hahahahaha do they have them in JJB Sports stores?

robthecat

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 01, 2010, 10:32:01 am by robthecat »
roverssam wrote:
Not strictly to do with the mighty rovers , but i know the ever flowing knowledge on here is 2nd to none ;)

i am just requesting some advice on new footy boots, although i already have owned many pairs i was reading an article on injurys due to ill fitting boots and i think i may have fallen into the category, it was suggested on a website that it is sometimes best to choose a boot size smaller than your normal trainer shoe size, i usually wear size 8 trainers but like to have a tight fitting football boot when playing a match, would a size 7.5 be the best way to A. PREVENT INJURY and B. TO ENABLE A BETTER FEEL FOR THE BALL ?

I do not buy whatever boots the ronaldos or rooneys wear, i buy the boots best for myself, just wonderd about the size ?

hope you can help this trivial request, im playing for a team full of blades and owls in sheffield, so i want to show them how a real Teams fan plays.

thanks roverssam.

hi mate ...ive played since i was very young and ive always found and being told that the tighter the boot,the better feel for the ball and less chance of injury..the best option would be leather boots...and when you buy them and get them home try them on and fill your bath up and soak them in the bath with your feet in them should work wonders and fit like a glove hope this helps mate........

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 01, 2010, 10:40:28 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Personally for me, the thicker boots the better.  Tight but thick, gives more protection on the top of the foot for the dreaded studs on top.  Definately get tight ones, but usually get the same sized as I wear shoes as two pairs of socks and an ankle protector usually add a fair bit of baggage.

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 01, 2010, 10:42:15 am by Wello »
Robthecat has got it spot on, thats the advise I was going to say. Adidas world cup boots are worth a look though pal. soft leather and when soaked in the bath they come to life lol

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 01, 2010, 10:43:58 am by roverssam1879 »
Yeah thats great thanks, i was always under the impression  i was  right in wanting tight boots but wanted a 2nd oppinion. iv some leather bladed boots but in the process of buying some adidas leather studded boots and with your advice i shall purchase them now, ready for the new season

thanks alot robthecat,

all the best roverssam

robthecat

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 01, 2010, 10:56:37 am by robthecat »
roverssam wrote:
Yeah thats great thanks, i was always under the impression  i was  right in wanting tight boots but wanted a 2nd oppinion. iv some leather bladed boots but in the process of buying some adidas leather studded boots and with your advice i shall purchase them now, ready for the new season

thanks alot robthecat,

all the best roverssam

yes addidas are by far the best boots imo..good luck with your new boots and new season, give the blades and owls a rough time mate

MartinB

« Reply #8 on July 01, 2010, 11:12:34 am by MartinB »

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 01, 2010, 11:20:12 am by roverssam1879 »
Yeah thankyou all for the advice, iv chosen the adidas again, they are a classic boot. and half a size smaller than my usual shoe size

oh i will be sure to give them dee dars some stick, if i wasnt 5'7 and 9 stone id do it a little more like john doolan once did at oakwell, just hope the refs are as bad as uriah renie  :laugh:

thanks to you all again,

roverssam

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 01, 2010, 11:44:58 am by knockers »
I always found nipping into JJB on the way to the first game of the season and getting a pair off of the sale rack worked perfectly.
A friend of mine once bought a very expensive pair of Kangaroo skin boots only for someone to stick a stud through the top of them on first time of wearing.
Tip of he day:
Always wear two pairs of socks. It stops the stud damage to your feet.

robthecat

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 01, 2010, 12:24:48 pm by robthecat »
also remember for the 1st month or so..apply some vaseline to the heel of your sock...this will stop blisters and also damaging the inside of the boots ....

Ryan B

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 01, 2010, 12:44:00 pm by Ryan B »
anyone need any advice on goalkeepers gloves? if so just ask me.

i can't say i invented goalkeeping gloves, but i had a hand in it.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 01, 2010, 01:08:12 pm by roverssam1879 »
As it happens Ryan B , I do often play in goal for a 5 aside and 6 aside teams, any tips for the best gloves to use on the sandy astroturf, as it rips my standard gloves to pieces, they arnt the most expensive but they arnt bad, just dont last very long on that stuff

NathanDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 01, 2010, 07:17:30 pm by NathanDRFC »
Bessacarr Open Age team has its first session/trial is on sunday 10.30am at Cantley Park.

Bessacarr FC are the Doncaster Sports Club of the Year, and the only Charter Standard Community Club in the area. The club has worked hard with local authorities to create a new club house at Cantley Park.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 02, 2010, 12:56:55 pm by RobTheRover »
Shame they counldnt have used soome of that money to buy the kids who played in their u7s tournament a medal each (Seeing as we took 3 teams and paid £75 for the privilige), or a cup for the winners.  Even some ceremony recognising the fact that someone had won would have been nice.  Dont think we will be entering next year, Nath.

NathanDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 02, 2010, 04:43:02 pm by NathanDRFC »
RobTheRover wrote:
Shame they counldnt have used soome of that money to buy the kids who played in their u7s tournament a medal each (Seeing as we took 3 teams and paid £75 for the privilige), or a cup for the winners.  Even some ceremony recognising the fact that someone had won would have been nice.  Dont think we will be entering next year, Nath.

No one won, because under FA Standard Code of Rule 11(D), Leagues and competitions are not permitted to collect results or any playing data for U7 & U8. Therefore no won can win or lose.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 02, 2010, 05:18:52 pm by Drover »
That maybe Nath but at Gainsborough trinity tournament every summer they give ALL the kids who played a medal each which is one option what RTR was meaning and like you say the rules say there no winners or losers that way but ALL the kids get a momento of the day.The good of all the kids clubs in the DDSJFL is what matters most.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012