Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:03:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A supporter/addict?! And no longer looking for blame  (Read 961 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
I stated on here I wasn't going to watch a game or post on here until a major change happened at the club. And I wanted that to happen. I wanted to escape the misery of feeling let down by the owners, club and players and to step away from the bickering amongst the supporters. I have continued to watch every minute of every game since and still followed this board.

I don't know if I am a supporter (in exile) or merely addicted to the club and associated media following (either way I recognize it's not healthy).!

We all blamed and continue to blame.

Some blame ALL the board members, some blame SOME, some still want to blame JR and some want to blame Copps. The majority blame the manager (head coach) and some blame the players. Truth is we ALL look to blame. This I feel is where we are going wrong as a supporter fan base.

We keep blaming whilst not really understanding the situations at the club through a mix of propaganda and a lack of true communication. If we as fans knew how little Mcsheffrey had as a budget we'd have likely been way more patient with his performance.

Terry Bramall, David Blunt, Gavin Baldwin, James Coppinger, Danny Schofield, Chad Gribble, Tom Anderson, George Miller, Adam Clayton, RSW, Mitchell, Mcsheffrey, Mcsheffreys assistant (I can't even remember his name), Graham Younger are or have been the main cast of our focus of blame.

Added in the supporting cast of Dodoo, Knoyle, Bostock, Hiwula, Wellens, the exile Bogle & Williams and the added extras (of many many loan players).

Whatever's happened we as a fan base somehow need to need to move forward together. I'm not sure how.

The owner came out and said he'd give a major injection of funds to the playing budget. The chairman said he'd be supportive of the manager but with the budget expects to be challenging for promotion next season.

It's important to note that this major cash injection into the playing budget and expectation should mean challenging for a playoff position next season. There is no mention of an automatic promotion push. So it's likely not millions and we can't expect a league 2 dream team. We won't be able to compete with Wrexham if they are promoted and likely can't keep up with Notts County either.

Our expectations should be adjusted to this as fans for our own mental sakes.

The football has been awful. The match day experience has matched that for many. This has led to resentment and blame but it isn't healthy and the supporters and atmosphere become toxic.

I don't know what we can do as supporters to help our position. But what we have to do is try somehow to change things in a positive manner. 

I suggest by starting from some self reflection and taking away personal agendas of the past against fellow supporters, board members, players, coaching staff and non playing staff and look forward.

We can't continue to live like we currently do. I suggest a true supporters meeting The shadow board,the netto brigade, the VSC and the social media "influencers" included. From there a joint voice and united message to be spoken a true; meeting with the owners not a meet the owners event.

Happy Easter everyone. Here's to the second coming of the Rovers.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 12:52:09 pm by Canadian Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: A supporter/addict?! And no longer looking for blame
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2023, 01:09:40 pm by Campsall rover »
Good post my fellow CR

Agree with most of that sentiment but at the end of the day if we all sit back and expect 2nd best then that’s what we will get.
Well 2nd best would be wishful thinking.

Something has to change and it needs to come from the top.
Blunt needs to go imo he has been put in charge by TB and is failing miserably.
We need a Chairman who is going to say what he means and action those words.
We have to get a Manager who can rattle a few feathers, someone who has got the T shirt and knows how to set a team up to finish top 3

All this talk of play offs is just 2nd best
We should be aiming to be the best.
Without that attitude nothing is achieved in Football or Life.

The total malaise that is around this stadium is due to a complete lack of leadership from Blunt

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2023, 04:08:58 pm by Upton Rover »
Welcome back CR as with Campsall I agree with most of it, other than the first team coach staying, yes it maybe me saying the same old thing, but I can’t see anything with this guy that will change come next season, if DS had not been our 3rd manager of the season, then I’m sure he would have been shown the door several weeks ago, I’ve said what would happen if he lost the last 7 remaining games, Fridays game was the first of them, and if we had a massive win against Grimsby it won’t change the fact that his coaching skills aren’t were they should be, and it’s time to put a good old fashioned manager back in charge.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 09, 2023, 04:37:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Welcome back CR as with Campsall I agree with most of it, other than the first team coach staying, yes it maybe me saying the same old thing, but I can’t see anything with this guy that will change come next season, if DS had not been our 3rd manager of the season, then I’m sure he would have been shown the door several weeks ago, I’ve said what would happen if he lost the last 7 remaining games, Fridays game was the first of them, and if we had a massive win against Grimsby it won’t change the fact that his coaching skills aren’t were they should be, and it’s time to put a good old fashioned manager back in charge.
He is only our 2nd manager this season Upton
GmS only other one!!!

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2023, 05:20:51 pm by danumdon »
Good points CR, its a shame that it's reverted to this level as we as fans cannot just go and support someone else when it all goes pear shaped, i would say most supporters on here invest a good deal of emotional energy into their support for the club and that can manifest itself into some irrational behaviour bordering on their mental state being affected when the team is in such a position like this.

Some alternative outlets are required to maintain your mental equilibrium and for all out sakes some time off from fretting about the undeniable underachievement at our club.

Get out and about, get some fresh air, love your wife and kids and relax.

Until the next match at least and it starts all over again !!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 09, 2023, 07:50:12 pm by normal rules »
Even millions of pounds spent on playing staff does not guarantee promotion.
It needs a cohesive team spirit.
A collective of lads playing with and for each other.
And to do that needs a true leader in manager.
DS is not that person.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 09, 2023, 09:24:42 pm by Upton Rover »
He is only our 2nd manager this season Upton
GmS only other one!!!
My apologies, it’s been a shocking two year’s and RW went in December 2021 seems only a few months ago, I think I’m hoping it’s 3 before the season end

TinyPortal © 2005-2012