Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:30:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mansfield Attendance  (Read 3668 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: Mansfield Attendance
« Reply #30 on December 06, 2021, 08:50:33 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I wasn't there on Saturday. I'm a season ticket holder and have been for years, but why TF would I want to drive a 150 mile round trip in the pissing down with rain to watch the garbage that's being served up.
And for the record, despite the fact I've already paid for tomorrow night, I won't be there again. 60mph winds and heavy rain/snow. The journey over the wolds after night games is crap without storm Barra that's coming tomorrow

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 06, 2021, 08:58:59 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Fearing i'll be the only one in the ground tomorrow then at this rate given everyone seems to be actively avoiding this game. For good reason i may add.

I expect a battering and that isn't just by the weather.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 06, 2021, 09:00:46 pm by drfchound »
I’m going.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on December 06, 2021, 09:09:09 pm by Muttley »
I'm driving to Carlisle for work tomorrow so it'll depend what time I get back, but unlikely I'll be there.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 06, 2021, 09:10:18 pm by Spilsby Red »
I agree campsall. Thought we did ok first half. They scored and unfortunately the confidence thing came in. But we battled later on. I think we have some great youngsters and with the right management team could nurture them. Dodoo and Hiwula are a waste of space. Been through thick and thin as a supporter of my club and will again. Felt for Mcsheffery, but can’t change a side that were constantly slated by RW. Time to move on, support the boys. Our club. Be proud.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 06, 2021, 09:14:13 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I’m going.

You'll have to give me a wave then hound.  :scarf: :scarf: ;)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 06, 2021, 10:00:12 pm by donnievic »
I'm driving to Carlisle for work tomorrow so it'll depend what time I get back, but unlikely I'll be there.
im upto Edinburgh early in morning but then back from Kirkcaldy late morning hopefully in time storm not due to hit till mid afternoon so hopefully to be nearly back before it gets bad

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 06, 2021, 10:14:34 pm by Campsall rover »
I will be there also.

Through thick and thin and even more thin. 
Eventually we will turn this round and i want to be there when we do.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 06, 2021, 10:28:31 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
im upto Edinburgh early in morning but then back from Kirkcaldy late morning hopefully in time storm not due to hit till mid afternoon so hopefully to be nearly back before it gets bad

You're driving to Scotland tomorrow and then going the game when you get back?  :ohmy:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 06, 2021, 10:57:44 pm by scawsby steve »
I will be there also.

Through thick and thin and even more thin. 
Eventually we will turn this round and i want to be there when we do.

Don't forget to wave to CDH and Hound.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 07, 2021, 06:09:10 am by Padge_DRFC »
I'm going. We have 1 pay on the day coming as well with us additional. Budget will increase in Jan now hopefully off this.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on December 07, 2021, 06:48:20 am by Donnywolf »
.... not a good game to have 2 free Alliance Tickets to give away either !

However I will be there and my + 2s - we should be easy to spot - a group of 3

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 07, 2021, 08:23:26 am by Spud »
See you there lads, we must be nuts.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 07, 2021, 08:48:04 am by donnievic »

You're driving to Scotland tomorrow and then going the game when you get back?  :ohmy:
yep set off at 4.15 up in Edinburgh now hopefully setting off back south about 10.30/11

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 07, 2021, 09:48:18 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

yep set off at 4.15 up in Edinburgh now hopefully setting off back south about 10.30/11

That's incredible mate. Makes my 150 mile round trip pale into comparison. Hats off.  :scarf:

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on December 07, 2021, 02:07:05 pm by donnievic »
Cheers but mine is work and would be still making trip back to donny even if wasn’t a game, that’s if it will be still on heavy rain and snow in parts on way back down aswell as 20/30 mph winds

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 07, 2021, 02:13:03 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Cheers but mine is work and would be still making trip back to donny even if wasn’t a game, that’s if it will be still on heavy rain and snow in parts on way back down aswell as 20/30 mph winds

Even so mate. I'd be cream crackered once i got home from that and would not fancy trekking back out to the KS in the cold, wind and rain later on. Safe trip man anyway. Looking a bit grim up north on the forecast.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 07, 2021, 02:19:59 pm by donnievic »
More so over north west of uk passing ripon now and stopped raining

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 09, 2021, 08:44:21 pm by drfchound »
About three years ago I drove up to just outside Edinburgh to play in a 36 hole golf comp.
I had to be there for 8am, play two rounds, have a meal then drive back the same night due to commitments the following day.
I was knackered for the next two days.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 10:47:28 pm by drfchound »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on December 09, 2021, 09:47:38 pm by since-1969 »
While it is a tenner in of course there is other costs on top of that and let's be honest you could go any watch your local non league team and see better quality football, I have no problem watching us lose but for me a 250 mile round trip to see garbage isn't worth it really

I get that BR but just say you were a ST holder (no idea if you are or not) but you would be there for the Shrewsbury game on Saturday when in all likelihood, the game is likely to be garbage too. Is it because ST's have already been paid for and thus people don't want to miss those games as they would feel that they are losing money?
Or just fed up watching another load of drivel !!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012