Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:32:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brexit Extension  (Read 94050 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: No Brexit Extension
« Reply #840 on September 07, 2020, 08:19:48 pm by selby »
  Glyn, when you are busy filling forms in for lorries on the dock side in January, you will be too busy to make a lot of money.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #841 on September 07, 2020, 09:03:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Glyn, when you are busy filling forms in for lorries on the dock side in January, you will be too busy to make a lot of money.

f**k me again, you're even more useless.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #842 on September 07, 2020, 11:18:07 pm by SydneyRover »
  The bluster of both sides will go on down to the wire Syd, then there will be an agreement, if not I am not bothered at all, for anyone with money there will be an opportunity to make some more no matter how it goes.
  The big change will be in home workers and at the moment  that is fine being new and suits some people who have never done it before and hope to continue that way of working, but as soon as companies realise that remote working in let's say Mexborough is being done on X salary a year, can be done in Turkey just as well for a cheaper Y salary a year in a couple of years time will start to become a problem, and will rise up to top management.

Pretty wide ranging sweep selby there's going to be an agreement ...... or not? farming out jobs o/s as bst has said has been going on for years, call centres etc, a lots of reps have been working from home.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #844 on September 08, 2020, 11:30:25 am by idler »
Oh dear. It’s not as if this government has integrity to spare and can afford to lose people like this.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #845 on September 08, 2020, 12:06:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-resignation/head-of-uk-governments-legal-department-quits-over-brexit-deal-threat-ft-idUKKBN25Z1GT

He's leaving after a clash with Boris Johnson's "office".

Which, of course, means "Dominic Cummings".

He's doing it. Right in front of everyone's eyes. Ripping out the guts of the Civil Service, just like he said he would in his blog rants. He's eviscerating all the checks and balances and concentrating all the power in No10. So that he, Cummings, can run the country in the way he wants.

I've been saying for years that he was a barely sane, power-hungry megalomaniac. And now we are letting him have effectively unfettered power to do what the f**k he wants.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #846 on September 08, 2020, 01:39:42 pm by Not Now Kato »
This is what you've given us Leave/Tory voters....

https://twitter.com/AdamJSchwarz/status/1303307680329740288

What a signal to send to any future partners - agreements you made with the us we will aim to get out of less than a year after signing...

Hope you're proud of yourselves!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #847 on September 08, 2020, 01:51:01 pm by idler »
To be fair I don't think that the majority of leave voters expected or wanted a no deal Brexit. When is anything ever settled to a reasonable outcome without negotiation?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #848 on September 08, 2020, 02:16:59 pm by Not Now Kato »
To be fair I don't think that the majority of leave voters expected or wanted a no deal Brexit. When is anything ever settled to a reasonable outcome without negotiation?

Ah, but so many of them kept on telling us they knew what they were voting for when us 'remoaners' challenged them.  I wonder how many of those who said that still believe it?  I also wonder how many of the Brexit Luvie Duvies continue to believe all the lies they are fed by this government and the right wing media?

A friend of mine received the following in an email from Johnson himself

Friend,
We are now entering the final phase of our negotiations with the EU.
The EU have been very clear about the timetable. I am too.
There needs to be an agreement with our European friends by the time of the European Council on 15 October.
If we can’t agree by then, then I do not see that there will be a free trade agreement between us, and we should both accept that and move on.
We’ll then have a trading arrangement with the EU like Australia’s.
I want to be absolutely clear that, as we have said right from the start, that would be a good outcome for the UK.
As a Government we’re preparing, at our borders and at our ports, to be ready for it.
We will have full control over our laws, our rules, and our fishing waters.
We will have the freedom to do trade deals with every country in the world. And we will prosper mightily as a result.
We will of course always be ready to talk to our EU friends even in these circumstances. Our door will never be closed and we will trade as friends and partners – but without a free trade agreement.
There is still an agreement to be had and we will continue to work hard in September to achieve it.
It is one based on our reasonable proposal for a standard free trade agreement like the one the EU has agreed with Canada and so many others.
Even at this late stage, if the EU are ready to rethink their current positions and agree this I will be delighted.
But we cannot and will not compromise on the fundamentals of what it means to be an independent country to get it.
That Friend is the pledge I make to you. If you stand with me, I hope you’ll join our Party today, so we have the backing we need during this crucial phase of our negotiations >>

I wonder how many leavers can spot the contradiction in what Johnson posted above?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #850 on September 08, 2020, 03:21:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Absolute shit show. What a bunch of f**king spivs. Who the hell is ever going to trust the word of the British Govt again?

And step back and consider the past 36 hours.

Sunday night. No10 (Cummings) briefs the Press that we are going to break the WA.
Monday PM. Govt says it will not be breaking the WA.

Tues am. Govt's legal adviser quits over WA issue after clashing with No10.

Tues pm. Govt announces it WILL break the WA.

Fill in the connecting pieces. It's really not hard to do.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #851 on September 08, 2020, 03:27:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Those of you who insist that all the politicians are as bad as each other.

Look at this shower of shite governing (sic) us. And compare it to this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1303304798968721408

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #852 on September 08, 2020, 03:48:51 pm by drfchound »

What a signal to send to any future partners - agreements you made with the us we will aim to get out of less than a year after signing...

Just out of interest NNK, what about the Labour/Leave voters.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #853 on September 08, 2020, 03:57:51 pm by Filo »
Breaking international law, so can Spain march into Gibraltar in a very specific and limited way?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #854 on September 08, 2020, 04:09:55 pm by Not Now Kato »

The comment was aimed a both those who voted leave, (irrespective of party), AND those who voted Tory to get, in the governments words, "Brexit Done; hence the /.

The shit situation we are in now - and likely will be even worse going forward, especially if it's No Deal - is all down to those two votes.  I just hope that people who voted that way have the guts to own the upcoming shitstorm and not try to pass the buck to anyone and anything but themselves!

Now, can you see the contradiction in Johnson's email hound?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #855 on September 08, 2020, 04:15:39 pm by Not Now Kato »
And you leavers shouldn't be pinning your hopes on a US trade deal either....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-trade-deal-boris-johnson-us-trump-eu-b413813.html

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #856 on September 08, 2020, 05:19:18 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

The comment was aimed a both those who voted leave, (irrespective of party), AND those who voted Tory to get, in the governments words, "Brexit Done; hence the /.

The shit situation we are in now - and likely will be even worse going forward, especially if it's No Deal - is all down to those two votes.  I just hope that people who voted that way have the guts to own the upcoming shitstorm and not try to pass the buck to anyone and anything but themselves!

Did you own the shitstorm of the Iraq War after voting for Tony Blair?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #857 on September 08, 2020, 06:37:20 pm by Not Now Kato »

As it happens, I didn't vote for Tony Blair, nor did I vote for Brexit.  Did you?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #858 on September 08, 2020, 06:46:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Anyone in 2001, who voted for Labour knowing that we'd be taken to war was smarter than Nostradamus at fortune telling.

On the other hand, anyone who DIDN'T know what this shit shower would do when voted in needs locking up for their own safety.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #859 on September 09, 2020, 09:12:26 am by selby »
  Stop moralising Kato about ripping up agreements, the Germans have been ace at it in the past ask Russia and Chamberlain, them two agreements went wrong big time.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 12:30:13 pm by selby »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #860 on September 09, 2020, 09:18:34 am by DonnyOsmond »
  Stop moralising Kato about ripping up agreements, the Germans have been acee at it in the past ask Russia and Chamberlain, them two agreements went wrong big time.

Always funny when someone has to go back 70+ years and then compare our government with the Nazis.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 09:23:28 am by DonnyOsmond »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #861 on September 09, 2020, 12:09:37 pm by selby »
  It is always funny when someone wants to forget what they don't want to know Donny.
  And Filo why would a bankrupt country like Spain want Gibraltar after all these years, it isn't as if they are going to have as many fishing vessels to park up after December.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #862 on September 09, 2020, 12:12:49 pm by idler »
Selby, I think that Spain will always want Gibraltar back. Imagine if the yanks had Lands End, wouldn't we want it back as a matter of pride if nothing else?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #863 on September 09, 2020, 12:16:02 pm by selby »
  Looks like the Greeks really have some trouble ahead with Turkey then. Do you think Russia will want Alaska back then? now that could cause a bit of a tiff.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #864 on September 09, 2020, 12:33:34 pm by selby »
  Donny, are you in agreement with pulling down the statues supposed to honour people who were slave traders? it was a long time ago, it makes you wonder why anybody is bothered, when the second world war that you dismiss was so recent.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #865 on September 09, 2020, 02:05:15 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Stop moralising Kato about ripping up agreements, the Germans have been ace at it in the past ask Russia and Chamberlain, them two agreements went wrong big time.

Let's forget what Britain did about Suez in between then and now, though, eh?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #866 on September 09, 2020, 02:07:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  It is always funny when someone wants to forget what they don't want to know Donny.
  And Filo why would a bankrupt country like Spain want Gibraltar after all these years, it isn't as if they are going to have as many fishing vessels to park up after December.

You'll be on about Ireland wanting Northern Ireland back 'just because they want it' next.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #867 on September 09, 2020, 02:07:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Looks like the Greeks really have some trouble ahead with Turkey then. Do you think Russia will want Alaska back then? now that could cause a bit of a tiff.

Does it? Where and why?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #868 on September 09, 2020, 03:48:26 pm by wilts rover »

Have you really compared what Cummings and Johnson have done to Nazi Germany and Stalin's Russia!!!!

Far be it from me to say you are wrong but still...

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #869 on September 09, 2020, 10:04:47 pm by Not Now Kato »

I'm not moralising selby, simply stating the facts - neither more, nor less.

Here are a few more facts for you, what would ‘trading on WTO terms’ mean for the UK?

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/What-would-trading-on-WTO-terms-mean-Long-Guide.pdf

I'm guessing you won't read it though, and I suspect people like Herbert and Hound won't read it either.  Why are people like you so afraid of the truth?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012