Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:50:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Swansea Ticket Sales  (Read 54714 times)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
Swansea Ticket Sales
« on November 08, 2010, 06:56:14 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Monday evening. 12 days to kick off.

7366 + 192. Total: 7558

So, assuming the North Stand is given wholly to Swansea, we need to shift 12,000 odd for a full home end.

It's a big ask, but can we do it?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
Re:Swansea Ticket Sales
« Reply #1 on November 08, 2010, 07:01:46 pm by Boyhood dreams »
Snods Shinpad 2 wrote:
Monday evening. 12 days to kick off.

7366 + 192. Total: 7558

So, assuming the North Stand is given wholly to Swansea, we need to shift 12,000 odd for a full home end.

It's a big ask, but can we do it?

Not sure.

Anyway, John Ryan said there's 11.800 home seats. He said it on the radio the other week when he also said, we know who comes to watch us, all the glory fans can get lost when we are in the prem. There not his exact words but it was along them lines.

EDIT. 11.900 home seats, sorry.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 08, 2010, 07:58:15 pm by DearneValleyRover »
The next two games will have a large bearing on attendance. If we get something out of them it's possible for us to be in the top six and playing a team who could be in the top two.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 08, 2010, 10:24:51 pm by andysly »
Exactly !
We really do need to start consolidating when we win a game by getting something from the next one too. Just look at the difference keeping hold of that lead at Reading would've made.
Rovers would be 4th in league and everybody in the media would be talking about us, generating more and more interest. As it is we sit 12th and nobody notices us.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 08, 2010, 10:33:42 pm by Boyhood dreams »
andysly wrote:
Exactly !
We really do need to start consolidating when we win a game by getting something from the next one too. Just look at the difference keeping hold of that lead at Reading would've made.
Rovers would be 4th in league and everybody in the media would be talking about us, generating more and more interest. As it is we sit 12th and nobody notices us.

You make it sound as though consolidating is easy. The thing with this league is, everyone can beat anyone.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 08, 2010, 11:48:39 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Boyhood dreams wrote:
You make it sound as though consolidating is easy. The thing with this league is, everyone can beat anyone.

True. With the one exception being Barnsley of course.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 08, 2010, 11:55:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We don't want to peak too early though do we !!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 08, 2010, 11:56:38 pm by RobTheRover »
I see our six-fingered cousins have signed Gary O'Connor on loan from Birmingham for another month today.  He started with a bang during his last loan there, and then faded badly.  Lets hope he's still in faded and jaded mode for the next month.

;-)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 09, 2010, 12:10:48 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Football Heaven was a good laugh tonight. Loads of agitated Dingles demanding that Bobbins should vacate the hotseat.

At least that's what I think they were saying, amongst all the bitter snorts and grunts.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 09, 2010, 12:18:42 am by andysly »
Never suggested it was easy but it's not a bad start to be 3-1 up with half an hour left.
A little run of 7 points out of 9 or 8 from 12 for example would make such a difference, both to support and I'm sure the teams confidence. Having said that the next 3 all look very difficult and lose-able.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 09, 2010, 01:07:14 am by RobTheRover »
I agree. if we can get 5 or 6 points from the next 3 games I would be absolutely delighted.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 12, 2010, 10:34:49 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Updated: 7955 + 192  Total: 8147

For comparison, two days before kickoff for the Millwall game we had sold 150 less home tickets than we have now with 8 days to go, so it's looking good.

Swansea away sales haven't been updated for a week so they'll have sold a few more too.

Early days but it looks like 10,000 should be easily beaten and 11, 12,000 looks possible.

A home end sell out? Maybe worth thinking about segregating the North Stand?

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 12, 2010, 10:46:27 am by Donnybob »
The solution to Rovers attendances is glaringly obvious.

If every current fan could encourage one new fan to attend a match - be that a work colleague, a neighbour, a relation, a complete stranger you speak to in the pub - then every single game would be a sell-out. Forget the club's marketing efforts, forget advertising, billboards, fliers, videos, radio and TV, it's YOU can make the ultimate difference.

Make the effort, invite a friend. That's all it takes...

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 12, 2010, 11:09:25 am by graingrover »
on the Keepmoat site the Swansea game has disappeared from the ticket information box ... only the date remains but it doesn't mention against which team.

neil grainger

« Reply #14 on November 12, 2010, 01:22:19 pm by neil grainger »
Donnybob wrote:

If every current fan could encourage one new fan to attend a match - be that a work colleague, a neighbour, a relation, a complete stranger you speak to in the pub - then every single game would be a sell-out. Forget the club's marketing efforts, forget advertising, billboards, fliers, videos, radio and TV, it's YOU can make the ultimate difference.

Very good post Donnybob.

I wouldn't agree that we should \"forget\" about the other initiatives, but I'd certainly agree with your point about current fans encouraging one new person to come along to the match. It's one more way to boost attendances and it's something tangible we can all try and do.

I've just done so for the Swansea match.

Anybody else taking up Donnybob's challenge?

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 12, 2010, 01:33:07 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
neil grainger wrote:

Four extra tickets sold here as a result. Three of which have never been to a Rovers game before and the other has been once.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 12, 2010, 01:49:55 pm by Filo »
Snods Shinpad 2 wrote:
neil grainger wrote:

Four extra tickets sold here as a result. Three of which have never been to a Rovers game before and the other has been once.

I`ll claim one of your extra bodies as my extra body, job done!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 12, 2010, 02:00:20 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Filo wrote:
Snods Shinpad 2 wrote:
neil grainger wrote:

I`ll claim one of your extra bodies as my extra body, job done!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

According to Cussie you already have an extra body Filo  ;)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 12, 2010, 02:03:32 pm by Filo »
DearneValleyRover wrote:
Filo wrote:
Snods Shinpad 2 wrote:
neil grainger wrote:

Insulation for winter, you know how harsh last winter was, I`m taking no chances!  :P

Anyway Cussie is only jealous of his superiors from Stainforth  ;)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 12, 2010, 02:22:38 pm by MrFrost »
8054 home tickets now.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 12, 2010, 02:29:28 pm by mutleyrover »
I have completed the Donnybob challenge.  1 Extra ticket for the Swansea game

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 12, 2010, 02:50:27 pm by Superspy »
well i started my own little effort at getting arses on seats for this when the tickets went on sale, an extra 3 were easy as im fortunate that 3 seats surrounding me this year haven't been sold as STs, and it's much easier to get friends/family to attend if they can sit with you, as we all know.

i've stuck a poster up at work a couple of days ago, i'm working again tonight so i'll see if any of the leeds fans at work have pulled it down or defaced it yet... and i've sent an event invite to all 200 or so people on my facebook, so far i've got 2 attending and 3 maybes...trying my best here. :)

Adam

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 12, 2010, 03:04:26 pm by Adam »
Donnybob wrote:

That's all well and good but it's only when you mention the magical £25 when the interest fades. What's more appealing? Going to the pub watch football with beer spending about £15 or watching a team you don't support play another team you don't support spending about £40.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 12, 2010, 03:18:25 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Filo wrote:
DearneValleyRover wrote:
Filo wrote:
Snods Shinpad 2 wrote:
neil grainger wrote:

Insulation for winter, you know how harsh last winter was, I`m taking no chances!  :P

Anyway Cussie is only jealous of his superiors from Stainforth  ;)

Lol

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 12, 2010, 03:51:38 pm by DearneValleyRover »
One more seat filled, I will attempt to get at least one other.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 12, 2010, 06:02:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
That's all well and good but it's only when you mention the magical £25 when the interest fades. What's more appealing? Going to the pub watch football with beer spending about £15 or watching a team you don't support play another team you don't support spending about £40.

This is exactly what I said to Dave Morris at the AGM when he said it was down to us to promote and get people down there. I said you need to give us something to promote with.

Having already had knock backs when you mention £28 or £25, we just get laughed at.

As I said before though, how long did it take for the penny to drop despite our best efforts to advise the club.

The Millwall, and hopefully the Swansea game will provide the evidence.

Anyway, before we get carried away, let's not forget this is a short term fix. We need to look at the long term solution.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 13, 2010, 12:38:23 am by CusworthRovers »
I've got 7 extra coming. Am I the winner? Do I get a sugar pig and a new ha'penny?

I doubt 5 of them will come again though

NathanDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 14, 2010, 11:22:53 pm by NathanDRFC »
With the Pompey result and cheap tickets, if we don't sell out then you have to ask the Doncaster public do they want Rovers to get into the Premier League

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 14, 2010, 11:53:45 pm by benaldo »
NathanDRFC wrote:
With the Pompey result and cheap tickets, if we don't sell out then you have to ask the Doncaster public do they want Rovers to get into the Premier League

It's just the same old problem that has been gone over a million times. Too many people deserted the club in the wilderness years, we lost an entire generation of fans to other clubs. Couple that to the recession and the spiralling costs of going to the footy and it's not a business I'd like to be in at the moment. I'm certain more clubs will go to the wall in the next year and I think we're really lucky JR is the bloke he is.

The only thing we can do is keep getting the results as a team, eventually the recession will fade and if we're still up there in the league I'll bet the gates increase steadily. It's no less than the club deserves.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 15, 2010, 12:50:52 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Add another three. The only thing that can kybosh this is the weather.

I'm reasonably confident Swansea will bring 1000, so with a bit of luck we're looking at 11000 minimum. With a bit more publicity, I reckon 12500 is achievable.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012