Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:31:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Swansea Ticket Sales  (Read 54713 times)

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
Re:Swansea Ticket Sales
« Reply #30 on November 15, 2010, 09:34:15 am by Rovers Return »
NathanDRFC wrote:
With the Pompey result and cheap tickets, if we don't sell out then you have to ask the Doncaster public do they want Rovers to get into the Premier League

Nathan, try not to set the barrier and expectation too high with such a harsh conclusion, it only leads to disappointment and a feeling of disillusion. Take the little drips of growth and advancement and before you know it we have a big puddle. ;)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 15, 2010, 11:21:05 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Updated: 8279 + 192

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 15, 2010, 11:27:54 am by MrFrost »
Come on lets get it sold out.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 15, 2010, 02:11:03 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Ticket Sales 8279 + 353

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 15, 2010, 04:02:11 pm by bobjimwilly »
I've got 2 mates on board now aswell. Main reason they don't come regularly - price  :S
Anyhoo, bring on the Wall!... I mean swans!

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 15, 2010, 04:23:36 pm by Rovers Return »
Bringing another 4  :cheer:

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 15, 2010, 04:54:46 pm by dumbroofer »
got seven need to go back for three more only four adults in that lot but hey its a start

Mr Brightside

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 15, 2010, 05:15:30 pm by Mr Brightside »
I bought some tickets online and used the option to 'choose your own seats'. I had a rough count up of how many are left as it didn't look too many and I reckon there are less than 800 showing as available.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 15, 2010, 06:29:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Looking at the online choose your seats as you said, nearly every block is limited, I know behind the goals they don't sell the first 5 or 6 rows but everywhere else is pretty much on offer and I can see this being a near sell out.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 15, 2010, 06:41:10 pm by RobTheRover »
My father in law (a Wendy) and my wife's uncle (a Weed) are both going, so thats 2 from me.  Neither regularly go to football matches, so its a chance to get them hooked on the Rovers.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 15, 2010, 07:13:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well they can't have seem Much football anyway !

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 15, 2010, 07:44:46 pm by MrFrost »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
Looking at the online choose your seats as you said, nearly every block is limited, I know behind the goals they don't sell the first 5 or 6 rows but everywhere else is pretty much on offer and I can see this being a near sell out.

Why don't they sell the front rows? You can buy the online??

I really think the club should consider opening up the North Stand as hasbeen done before, although this will depend o what ind of allocation we have given Swansea. No doubt Dave Morris will deny this can be done though.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 15, 2010, 07:48:59 pm by RedJ »
I've bought a home ticket for my mate, and if he can't go my sister's getting it. South Stand should be pretty full as always. I do hope we manage to sell out at least once this season. We couldn't even do it against Leeds...

Anyone remember Belle Vue against Arsenal?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 15, 2010, 07:54:53 pm by graingrover »
neil grainger wrote:

Anybody else taking up Donnybob's challenge?

Four extra tickets sold here as a result. Three of which have never been to a Rovers game before and the other has been once.
  I've just invited 4 others too. Let\"s go!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 15, 2010, 08:04:47 pm by Superspy »
one of my maybes has just confirmed as attending, and i might be able to get a further 4 or 5 from work....might be pushing it a bit though.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on November 15, 2010, 08:23:06 pm by Filo »
RedJ wrote:
I've bought a home ticket for my mate, and if he can't go my sister's getting it. South Stand should be pretty full as always. I do hope we manage to sell out at least once this season. We couldn't even do it against Leeds...

Anyone remember Belle Vue against Arsenal?

You`re not from Barnsley are you?  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on November 15, 2010, 08:47:37 pm by benaldo »
hahahaha

I remember the Arsenal game very well, it was queuing for tickets for that game that persuaded me to join the prawn sarnie brigade when we moved to the keepmoat, we don't have to pay extra or queue for tickets for cup games and friendlies.....thank god.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 15, 2010, 09:13:21 pm by Boyhood dreams »
graingrover wrote:
neil grainger wrote:

Anybody else taking up Donnybob's challenge?

Four extra tickets sold here as a result. Three of which have never been to a Rovers game before and the other has been once.
  I've just invited 4 others too. Let\"s go!

Its easier said than done. Ive took newbies before that like to go to big games. The only way to sway the Donny folk is a stint in the prem.

The championship doesn't seem to be a big pull  :(

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 15, 2010, 09:31:10 pm by MrFrost »
I'm really sad and have just counted all the empty seats on the online thingy. There are just over 1400 empty seats showing. This would indicate around 10500 home tickets sold, given that there are 11900 home seats.

Hmmmmmmmm?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 15, 2010, 09:34:45 pm by BobG »
Ye Gods! That's a labour of love Frosty! Very impressive. Well done!

BobG

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 15, 2010, 09:57:38 pm by MrFrost »
Bob I stand corrected. I did a recount, and did it twice and there in fact only 766 seats remaining. Surely if that is correct, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, then the North Stand needs to be opened up to home fans.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on November 15, 2010, 10:02:39 pm by Filo »
MrFrost wrote:
Bob I stand corrected. I did a recount, and did it twice and there in fact only 766 seats remaining. Surely if that is correct, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, then the North Stand needs to be opened up to home fans.

I think you need something fresh to moan about matey  ;)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 15, 2010, 10:04:35 pm by MrFrost »
The one thing I find strange is that the KMS site was updated earlier with 8200 odd. Surely they know that figure must be higher judging by the number of empty seats I just counted?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on November 15, 2010, 10:06:17 pm by BobG »
Great stuff lads. Actually Mr Frost, it doesn't really matter what number you come up with. The point is, it's a damn hard thing to do. It takes time, effort, perseverance and damn good eyesight too :) Being somewhere near is more than good enough. And you've given us all an insight into just how well this whole exercise is going. Thank you.

BobG

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 15, 2010, 10:08:52 pm by MrFrost »
I did it block by block. I think the first time ive conted some blocks twice, but ive double checked that time and 766 looks correct!Boxes and the Premier club seats are incuded in the capacity, but I reckon we have shifted 10000 tickets. It will sell out i'm sure.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 15, 2010, 10:21:07 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Well guys cant fill this one out then may as well not bother....remember we once got £11k plus when we went up in old 4th (York)!!!
Sorry but the time is now and I thi :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :) nk the public are so far responding!!!!
Nearly 10k already so why not fill the entire Donny end out !!! Totally brill! :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)                  :)

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 15, 2010, 10:27:30 pm by Boyhood dreams »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Well guys cant fill this one out then may as well not bother....remember we once got £11k plus when we went up in old 4th (York)!!!
Sorry but the time is now and I thi :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :) nk the public are so far responding!!!!
Nearly 10k already so why not fill the entire Donny end out !!! Totally brill! :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)                  :)

Can you rephrase that, it made no sense.

And if we do sell the home end, its hardly a means to an end. The club would make more with an half empty stadium and higher prices?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on November 15, 2010, 10:28:34 pm by MrFrost »
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

Can you rephrase that, it made no sense.

And if we do sell the home end, its hardly a means to an end. The club would make more with an half empty stadium and higher prices?

I think you have complete missed the point of why the club are doing this.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on November 15, 2010, 10:29:15 pm by RobTheRover »
If your maths is right (and you can put your socks back on now, Frosty! ;-) ) then we are proving in an even more emphatic manner than the great turnout for the Millwall game suggested that price elasticity does exist in football ticket sales.

The club needs to take heed and pitch the prices at such a level that good money is made, but the prices are attractive to all.  

Time to review this thread again I think.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 15, 2010, 10:29:29 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
As I've said before, I don't think the online seat graphic is reliable. I've looked before and a certain block has been sold out, but when I've called the ticket office they have offered me seats in that area and I had a choice of quite a few seats.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012