Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:42:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Singing section  (Read 71187 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Singing section
« on February 15, 2014, 09:40:52 am by Boomstick »
If your a singer, don't forget to support the initiative of creating a singing section it the north west corner.
Be interesting to see if anyone moves seats to support this, or will it be the usual apathy shown by many users of this forum

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Singing section
« Reply #1 on February 15, 2014, 09:43:38 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
One man's apathy is another's preference. Good luck to those who do it, I personally expect it to fall on its backside. Hope wherever you are a good atmosphere is had

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 15, 2014, 09:46:25 am by Bentley Bullet »
Atmosphere should be good today. I promise to sing every time we score.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 15, 2014, 09:56:15 am by colincramb »
I think this could be better aided by having pay on the gate in this section to be honest

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 15, 2014, 09:59:06 am by Rovers Return »
 :that:
One man's apathy is another's preference. Good luck to those who do it, I personally expect it to fall on its backside. Hope wherever you are a good atmosphere is had

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 15, 2014, 10:04:15 am by bobjimwilly »
I think this could be better aided by having pay on the gate in this section to be honest

You're probably right, but this was never going to happen in such a short space of time with such little planning, especially as there are season ticket holders in this area. I also think there might be issues today if fans who move to this "singing section" treat it as a "standing section", which is certainly is not.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 15, 2014, 10:17:11 am by CraigyBoy »
This won't work because of the season ticket factor (like the xfactor but with chips and bovril). The only way to encourage a singing section (and I can't believe the club haven't done this from the start, but it's Rovers we're talking about I suppose) is to wait until the season ticket renewal time and then block out an entire section for pay on the day for the 2014/15 season.

It's not that hard to do is it? Mind you, the club can't even serve food from kiosks at the KM without multiple planning meetings and think tanks. Sign o the times.......sadly.

What DRFC needs is more do'ers and less faceless, initiative lacking, meeting-junkies.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 15, 2014, 10:27:02 am by River Don »
This won't work because of the season ticket factor (like the xfactor but with chips and bovril). The only way to encourage a singing section (and I can't believe the club haven't done this from the start, but it's Rovers we're talking about I suppose) is to wait until the season ticket renewal time and then block out an entire section for pay on the day for the 2014/15 season.

I think this is what it'll take. You should be able to purchase a season ticket for the section not a seat too.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 15, 2014, 10:50:16 am by Boomstick »
All the comments on here, are the reason it might not work. How hard is it to move seats?
The south stand will be like a library as usual today, and as usual people will moan. But they surely have no right to unless they move seats to support the singing section initiative

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 15, 2014, 10:57:39 am by hoolahoop »

However the away fans will have their usual option of a 'standing' section of course.   ;)

You're probably right, but this was never going to happen in such a short space of time with such little planning, especially as there are season ticket holders in this area. I also think there might be issues today if fans who move to this "singing section" treat it as a "standing section", which is certainly is not.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 15, 2014, 11:31:16 am by Dagenham Rover »
All the comments on here, are the reason it might not work. How hard is it to move seats?
The south stand will be like a library as usual today, and as usual people will moan. But they surely have no right to unless they move seats to support the singing section initiative

Its no good trying to demand people move seats!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 15, 2014, 12:00:06 pm by hoolahoop »

Its no good trying to demand people move seats!

Can you give me a reason why not ? If you buy a season ticket for a golf club, gym, swimming pool does it mean you have the right to tee off at a particular time, go on a particular piece of equipment , swim in your chosen lane etc etc. This does need to happen Daggers...…there are '000s of alternative seats to accommodate all giving similar views surely ?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 15, 2014, 12:41:52 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Hoola I'm not saying the singing section is right or wrong however to come on here and basically demand that season ticket holders move because it suits an agenda that  some supporters want is wrong.
Don't forget at the moment you buy a season ticket for a particular seat, so the golf club swimming argument doesn't hold water (sic)
Personally I need an end seat to enable to to stretch my right leg out due to my back injury and sciatica in that leg (and no I don't want to be at pitch level) so that in itself restricts my choice

I'm not saying it doesn't need to happen but it can't be gone into like a bull in a china shop with the singers virtually demanding non singers move out of their seats so they can move in.
It needs consideration and planning from all not just the singers going to the club aying we want a singing section in area A and stuff anybody else that is in that area

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 15, 2014, 02:37:42 pm by hoolahoop »
Then it can't really happen surely if you have 20 or so moaners who don't sing , sitting on their hands having a go at those who do. This already happens at away games and causes loads of friction !

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 15, 2014, 05:29:28 pm by Dare to dream! »
Worked a treat today, good atmosphere.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 15, 2014, 05:31:20 pm by Filo »
Never heard you, heard the Barnsley fans mind

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 15, 2014, 05:34:31 pm by KieronDRFC »

Dont know what game you was at.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 15, 2014, 05:36:23 pm by Filo »

Dont know what game you was at.

I do, like I said never heard you and I was in the same stand

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 15, 2014, 05:42:47 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I'm just south of the middle in west stand.  Didn't hear you once.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 15, 2014, 05:44:22 pm by Filo »
I'm just south of the middle in west stand.  Didn't hear you once.

I'm about halfway into the South half in the West Stand, like I said, never heard anything

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 15, 2014, 05:48:09 pm by Albert Trousers »
SadlyFilo is right, from the South West corner I could see plenty of arms waving about but no noise, that said I spent 10 minutes where you lot sing at the Wigan game & I thought the noise you made was tremendous sadly it just doesn't carry whether it is to so with numbers I don't know, I could hear the dingles occasionaly in the corner but rarely & not loud, I presume they had bigger numbers singing than you lot?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 15, 2014, 05:50:07 pm by Dare to dream! »
Well in that end of the west stand there atmosphere was good. Wind probably didn't help.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:03:32 pm by Dare to dream! »

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 15, 2014, 05:53:50 pm by donnievic »
I was in south stand and heard them a few times but your bound to hear barnsley seeing as there was more of them then rovers

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 15, 2014, 05:56:23 pm by dknward2 »
Was louder than normal but the barnsley fans main singers were right next to them so drowned each other out

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 15, 2014, 06:08:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The atmosphere in the north west was a great improvement, and will get better if more fans join the section.

I was surprised the away fans were moved closer than usual to the west stand. I would have thought the safety people would have had them overflow into the north east corner.

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 15, 2014, 06:13:33 pm by KieronDRFC »
Was a great atmosphere in the north west corner sounds like you all missed out. Never sang so much at the keepmoat before  :thumbsup:

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 15, 2014, 06:28:05 pm by Boomstick »
Looks promising, a but more organising and make people aware of it. It could take off.
Incidentally I didn't hear a peep from the south stand, perhaps a lot moved to the north west.

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 15, 2014, 06:31:19 pm by robchester »
The acoustics in the KMS are awful  I sit behind the home dug out and could barely hear the singing section.  Shame really.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 15, 2014, 06:37:27 pm by MrFrost »
Where was the drum?

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 15, 2014, 06:45:55 pm by Rovers Return »
Sit in the east. NW looked a bit more lively today but couldn't really hear you. I notice the police and stewarding bill will be a little more expensive this week. Good thing was the South stand still sung despite a few of the numbers tried the NW corner. Might be a good thing as the singing was more spread around the ground today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012