Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:15:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Singing section  (Read 71200 times)

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
Re: Singing section
« Reply #30 on February 15, 2014, 06:56:47 pm by DonnyRTID »
I sit in the family stand and could hear the singers fine. Well done for trying to improve the atmosphere.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 15, 2014, 06:58:53 pm by MrFrost »
Thought it was a good attempt, just hope we can build on it.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 15, 2014, 06:58:58 pm by mushRTID »
Well done all who went there and tried. Looked like good fun from the south and although not that loud, definite improvement.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 15, 2014, 07:02:16 pm by Mr1Croft »
When I was in the South Stand it did look more lively but could only hear it in parts but when I went towards the NW corner it was like walking into a different stadium and was really something.

I suspect there was a few fans who decided not to move for the game and just wanted to see how the atmosphere would be in NW, hopefully we can build on that going forward, but a great start and well done to all concerned.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 15, 2014, 07:04:25 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Hoola I'm not saying the singing section is right or wrong however to come on here and basically demand that season ticket holders move because it suits an agenda that  some supporters want is wrong.
Don't forget at the moment you buy a season ticket for a particular seat, so the golf club swimming argument doesn't hold water (sic)
Personally I need an end seat to enable to to stretch my right leg out due to my back injury and sciatica in that leg (and no I don't want to be at pitch level) so that in itself restricts my choice

I'm not saying it doesn't need to happen but it can't be gone into like a bull in a china shop with the singers virtually demanding non singers move out of their seats so they can move in.
It needs consideration and planning from all not just the singers going to the club aying we want a singing section in area A and stuff anybody else that is in that area

We've approached the club and asked to trial a singing section in the NW, we haven't demanded that anyone be moved but it might be a good idea to make that block unreserved for next season.

The club have been good but don't want to be too hands on with this, their thinking is that the fans should lead the formation of a singing section and, lets be right, if they did interfere it'd feel a bit half arsed and forced. 

Sad-Rovers it was initially a response to a post by Boomsick

Boomstick

« Reply #8 on Today at 10:50:16 AM by Boomstick »

All the comments on here, are the reason it might not work. How hard is it to move seats?
The south stand will be like a library as usual today, and as usual people will moan. But they surely have no right to unless they move seats to support the singing section initiative

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 15, 2014, 07:07:37 pm by Copps is Magic »
I'm just south of the middle in west stand.  Didn't hear you once.

I'm about halfway into the South half in the West Stand, like I said, never heard anything

Weren't you on here the other day detailing your hearing problems?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 15, 2014, 07:32:02 pm by bobjimwilly »
I just worry if and when safe standing comes, it will all have to be shifted back to south end, but for all those who sang for the majority of the match well done

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 15, 2014, 07:57:46 pm by Mr1Croft »
I just worry if and when safe standing comes, it will all have to be shifted back to south end, but for all those who sang for the majority of the match well done

I wouldn't worry about safe standing just yet!

As a matter of interest though, can stands be mixed? Blocks of Safe Standing & seating next to each other or does it have to be one or the other.

Safe Standing is coming IMO but we're a year away from an election so changing the legislation won't be priority of the legislative or the electorate. The club would then have to find the funding so iI can't see it at the Keepmoat in the next 2 years at least.

We can't jut sit around waiting for safe standing, that is only half the problem, we have to make the most out of what we have now.

There is no reason it can't be in the South Stand in the future, but we've made a great start in the west lets build on the momentum.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 15, 2014, 08:32:37 pm by swintonrover »
In the middle of it all, it was really something. Didn't feel like the Keepmoat.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 15, 2014, 08:49:28 pm by River Don »
The sound was much better today.

Only problem was the lads spent most of the game goading the opposition. The police and stewards had to react.

The signing section is too close to the away end.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 15, 2014, 08:55:44 pm by bpoolrover »
That will always happen river don as long as its banter all is good

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 15, 2014, 11:03:35 pm by River Don »

It threatened to be more than banter though.

It isn't the right place for a singing section.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 15, 2014, 11:12:32 pm by Boomstick »

Of course it is, this isn't Wimbledon. The two sets of fans compete to create a better atmosphere, get over it you melt.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 15, 2014, 11:32:59 pm by Copps is Magic »

Don't talk wet. Plenty of new stadia have their singing section right next to the away fans. Perfect example of how football has become sanitised.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 15, 2014, 11:34:09 pm by colincramb »
The acoustics are fine. It's a bowl stadium with an enclosed roof for gods sake. Great atmosphere during first 30 mins or so. Wil only get better. Hope we stick with this

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 15, 2014, 11:48:36 pm by Dagenham Rover »
The acoustics are fine. It's a bowl stadium with an enclosed roof for gods sake. Great atmosphere during first 30 mins or so. Wil only get better. Hope we stick with this

The acoustics for a football stadium are  to put it bluntly sh*t,  sound does not carry,  the atmosphere was created by a good old derby game

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 16, 2014, 09:35:34 am by colincramb »
I still disagree about poor accustics but that's just my opinion, based on the fact I have never failed to hear the away fans no matter where I have sat in the ground. When we play l**ds their fans never appear to find the accustics a problem. I think it's purely the fact there isn't enough singers in the same area.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 16, 2014, 09:49:02 am by Bentley Bullet »
Yesterdays effort was excellent and completely transformed the atmosphere, but lets not forget that this was probably helped by Rovers playing towards the town end second half, as the game reached its climax.

Would the new 'cop' be content on being at the 'wrong end' second half, as would be the norm usually?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 09:53:09 am by Bentley Bullet »

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 16, 2014, 10:56:05 am by donnievic »
We have kicked that way 2nd half the last 3 games

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 16, 2014, 11:05:51 am by The Red Baron »
We have kicked that way 2nd half the last 3 games

I think we've worked out that allowing the visitors to kick towards their fans in the second half gives them an advantage. The only thing that puzzles me is why we line up at the South end prior to the toss.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 16, 2014, 11:10:46 am by Bentley Bullet »
Has it been our decision to kick towards the south stand first half, or have we lost the toss last three games?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 16, 2014, 11:12:29 am by The Red Baron »
We certainly won the toss yesterday and I believe we did against Middlesbrough as well.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 16, 2014, 11:17:43 am by Bentley Bullet »
We certainly won the toss yesterday and I believe we did against Middlesbrough as well.

That surprises me if we won the toss against Middlesbrough and chose to change ends. The wind was ferocious towards the away end first half.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 16, 2014, 04:54:51 pm by River Don »

Of course it is, this isn't Wimbledon. The two sets of fans compete to create a better atmosphere, get over it you melt.

It required quite a large police presence to keep the two sets of fans apart.

In an effort to save money Rovers are trying to host as many games as possible without Police supervision. If they're still intent on doing this I can't help but feel the singing section has to be further from the away fans.

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 16, 2014, 06:12:43 pm by Katesby »

It required quite a large police presence to keep the two sets of fans apart.

In an effort to save money Rovers are trying to host as many games as possible without Police supervision. If they're still intent on doing this I can't help but feel the singing section has to be further from the away fans.

Christ, this is cringeworthy.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 16, 2014, 06:18:14 pm by donnievic »
thought we lost it yesterday as we kicked off

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 16, 2014, 06:21:41 pm by Filo »
thought we lost it yesterday as we kicked off

We did n't kick off

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 16, 2014, 06:26:34 pm by donnievic »
I think we did

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on February 16, 2014, 06:30:05 pm by Filo »
I think we did

Keegan won the toss, chose the end and Barnsley kicked off kicking towards the North Stand

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 16, 2014, 06:32:02 pm by donnievic »
Previous 2 games yes but unless I'm going mad which I could be coukd swear we kicked off 1st half

TinyPortal © 2005-2012