Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:31:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Singing section  (Read 71187 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Singing section
« Reply #60 on February 16, 2014, 06:33:42 pm by Filo »
Previous 2 games yes but unless I'm going mad which I could be coukd swear we kicked off 1st half

You're going mad :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

shaun from thorne

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 16, 2014, 06:36:23 pm by shaun from thorne »
Simple things do matter to some people

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 16, 2014, 06:40:09 pm by BigColSutherland »
Barnsley definitely kicked off in the first half.

I assumed Keegan chose to swap ends so we'd have the wind behind us in the second half.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on February 16, 2014, 07:16:52 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Yup seems to be a tactic. Slightly different but in reality we did it at belle Vue for years.

The singing section had some good effect. I do think it may be an issue the location though.  There will be some concern on some things from drfc that's for sure.  I'm sure the organisers will work on that as in my opinion it's a positive having a smaller section there and the south stand too.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on February 16, 2014, 07:24:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I would like to know the reason behind the decision to put the away fans so near to the home fans. there was plenty of room to house them in the north east corner, so as to create a gap between the rival fans.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 16, 2014, 07:33:32 pm by hoolahoop »
Yup seems to be a tactic. Slightly different but in reality we did it at belle Vue for years.

The singing section had some good effect. I do think it may be an issue the location though.  There will be some concern on some things from drfc that's for sure.  I'm sure the organisers will work on that as in my opinion it's a positive having a smaller section there and the south stand too.

Putting a "singing section" anywhere else but near the away fans would be a total waste of time. For this to work surely the banter needs to be heard and needs to be slightly confrontational. The emphasis is on the word 'slightly' no one is advocating all out war but any ground where the atmosphere is 'tingly' has the home and away fans in close proximity.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 16, 2014, 07:34:19 pm by MrFrost »
I would like to know the reason behind the decision to put the away fans so near to the home fans. there was plenty of room to house them in the north east corner, so as to create a gap between the rival fans.

Probably they envisaged Barnsley selling the full allocation, so allocated them all the seats behind the goal.

Plus the only other time there has been any proper trouble in that corner was against Millwall.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 16, 2014, 08:22:41 pm by ian1980 »
It was certainly a good starting point and something to build on. The people at the forefront of this need to keep the momentum going so the idea doesn't just fizzle out. Hopefully if it keeps being pushed and worked at, the small area will, over time get bigger and bigger and spread down the west stand towards the south. As the group gets bigger the noise will get louder.

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on March 08, 2014, 09:12:46 pm by ExileRover »
You could see a lot of bouncing around and arms waving but I have to say I didn't hear too much noise to be honest. Didn't hear a peep out of Huddersfield either other than before kick off. South stand was noticeably quieter today though.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on March 08, 2014, 09:25:54 pm by Bentley Bullet »
You could see a lot of bouncing around and arms waving but I have to say I didn't hear too much noise to be honest. Didn't hear a peep out of Huddersfield either other than before kick off. South stand was noticeably quieter today though.

There was a strong(ish) southerly wind which could have been responsible for this.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on March 08, 2014, 09:43:20 pm by RedJ »
Huddersfield were fairly loud until the first goal I thought. Heard a few songs from you lot but not that loud, heard the banging on the back more than anything.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 08, 2014, 11:13:40 pm by donnievic »
Hardly heard anything from the west stand or the huddersfield fans today from the south stand

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on March 08, 2014, 11:24:15 pm by dknward2 »
They both were hudds stopped pretty much as soon as they went one down
Think the singing section is doing well and with the cheaper seats next year could help spur it on, stick with it boys and girls

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on March 09, 2014, 12:09:27 am by KieronDRFC »
Its getting better, looking forward to watford and wednesday games!

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on March 09, 2014, 01:49:30 am by Muttley »
Great atmosphere in the West stand today, keep at it lads

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on March 09, 2014, 10:37:49 am by ravenrover »
I sit at the South end of the West stand and never heard a peep

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on March 09, 2014, 11:00:34 am by ian1980 »
I've been looking the last two home games and whilst the noise isn't there yet it certainly looks like an atmosphere is starting to develop and the numbers involved is growing. You just need to keep pushing it to increase the number of people in that area and the noise level will grow with it over time.

It will take time but so long as people stick with it it should come good.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on March 09, 2014, 11:30:50 am by Albert Trousers »
I said after the Barnsley game that I could see plenty of arms waving but mo noise, yesterday even more arms waving (which bodes well) & I heard you a couple of times. You seem to be getting, the Hudds fans in the corner were louder when they sang but maybe they had help from the rest of the away end. Looking better though, well done. On the subject of noise I reckon that yesterday's was the worst large away following for atmosphere since the stadium opened.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 09, 2014, 02:22:28 pm by Padge_DRFC »
QPR and Barnsley were worse I think for atmosphere in the away end.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on March 09, 2014, 02:35:16 pm by Dare to dream! »
Was good again yesterday much better than before, is it a permanent thing now?

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 09, 2014, 04:48:33 pm by KieronDRFC »
Yeah hopefully

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on March 11, 2014, 11:19:55 pm by MrFrost »
Hearing that stewards weren't letting people into the area that's meant to be the singing section tonight?

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on March 11, 2014, 11:55:07 pm by swintonrover »
I witnessed part of it. They weren't, and they were checking all tickets as people went up, regardless of whether they had just come down or not.
Now, I'll be diplomatic, but the chant "are you watching Shaun Lockwood" is really good advice, particularly given the stewards were at odds with the club policy.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on March 11, 2014, 11:56:48 pm by MrFrost »
I witnessed part of it. They weren't, and they were checking all tickets as people went up, regardless of whether they had just come down or not.
Now, I'll be diplomatic, but the chant "are you watching Shaun Lockwood" is really good advice, particularly given the stewards were at odds with the club policy.

Apparently the stewards were acting under instruction from the club.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on March 11, 2014, 11:58:36 pm by Dare to dream! »
They were signing f**k off shaun lockwood tonight, what's that about?

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 12, 2014, 12:04:10 am by swintonrover »

Apparently the stewards were acting under instruction from the club.

Well now I'm even more confused.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on March 12, 2014, 12:07:39 am by jonnydog »
They were signing f**k off shaun lockwood tonight, what's that about?

I don't know, but I hope he could see. Maybe it was for benefit of those fans with hearing impairments ;)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on March 12, 2014, 09:19:18 am by Padge_DRFC »
I tell you one thing they'd never be told to go into the away end and tell them what to do and sit down and be quiet. It really is pathetic. Then again wouldn't want to ruin our 'family club' image.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on March 12, 2014, 09:37:52 am by Filo »
How did the singing go last night, again I never heard anything from our singing section, heard the Watford fans and the odd chant from the South Stand. Is there something seriously wrong with the acoustics in the stadium? I'm all for the singers getting together in one area, but I think that end of the West Stand for whatever reason is not working the noise the singers make is being drowned out by the away fans. At least that's how it appears and sounds from my seat in the West Stand

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on March 12, 2014, 12:52:55 pm by KieronDRFC »
I could hear them in the south stand. The stewards are obviously doing their best to prevent any kind of atmosphere in that corner. This club is a joke sometimes.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012