Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:00:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Nial mason 6 months suspended prison sentence!!!!  (Read 45881 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Nial mason 6 months suspended prison sentence!!!!
« Reply #60 on January 29, 2019, 08:11:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
Difference is that Mason has pleaded guilty.

Evans refused to admit guilt and contested his conviction.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on January 29, 2019, 08:12:39 pm by dickos1 »
He may have been advised to plead guilty to get a suspended sentence,
Plead not guilty and lose and get sent down there and then

Not sure I agree with that.. who in their right mind would plead guilty to a sexual offence just to get a lower sentence, but still then have the conviction and all that entails, if they believed themselves innocent.??

I imagine if a lawyer said you’ll get a suspended sentence if you do this but if you plead not guilty and lose you’ll get 2 years straight away, that there would be plenty that would

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 29, 2019, 08:12:52 pm by Lesonthewest »
Oh dear what a fool. He was becoming an excellent players for us, improving all the time & one of the first names on the team sheet for me. His career with us must be over now though.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 29, 2019, 08:13:16 pm by dickos1 »

And got a big sentence

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 29, 2019, 08:13:25 pm by normal rules »
Big difference between Fatty Evans and this case. The fraud case was somewhat victimless, whereas mason has violated another human being.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 29, 2019, 08:13:38 pm by Metalmicky »

And he was eventually found not guilty......

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 29, 2019, 08:13:42 pm by ChrisBx »

So what?

What do you mean so what?
It was in response to why he changed his plea at last min, I was suggesting it may have been down to legal advice

Apologies - I thought you were offering that as a point regarding his future with us.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on January 29, 2019, 08:13:56 pm by graingrover »
This ,unfortunately for Niall Mason , who I too value highly as a player ,is totally at odds with our club’s image and contavenes our ethical values as a Community Club.There wil be contractual issues to settle but there is no doubt in my mind that he must seek alternative employers .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 29, 2019, 08:14:24 pm by drfchound »
Oh dear what a fool. He was becoming an excellent players for us, improving all the time & one of the first names on the team sheet for me. His career with us must be over now though.

His career won’t be over.
What about people like McCormick, who in my opinion did something far worse.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on January 29, 2019, 08:14:40 pm by glosterred »
Irrespective of how abhorrent we find this, he hasn’t killed anyone and there are players out there that have and carried on playing.

COYR

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 29, 2019, 08:14:54 pm by Metalmicky »
Big difference between Fatty Evans and this case. The fraud case was somewhat victimless, whereas mason has violated another human being.

Wrong Evans...

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 29, 2019, 08:14:58 pm by sha66y »
Looks like the forum are ready to hang him, so I guess he must deserve it, .............though a cold account is not allowing context

Ive seen older guys ogling young girls all the time on a Weekend in many towns and cities,
I’ve heard ignorant neandethols stinking of booze and fags besmirching the very nature of these young starlets ....... and yes I find it quite disgusting...I do have a daughter !

Yes he has done something terrible and yes he should be and has been punished.....

But I won’t allow a sensationalist writers opinion be the only version, I would like to hear the Guilty parties account first before he is hung

afterall papers do not sell themselves...

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 29, 2019, 08:16:23 pm by Nudga »
Looks like the forum are ready to hang him, so I guess he must deserve it, .............though a cold account is not allowing context

Ive seen older guys ogling young girls all the time on a Weekend in many towns and cities,
I’ve heard ignorant neandethols stinking of booze and fags besmirching the very nature of these young starlets ....... and yes I find it quite disgusting...I do have a daughter !

Yes he has done something terrible and yes he should be and has been punished.....

But I won’t allow a sensationalist writers opinion be the only version, I would like to hear the Guilty parties account first before he is hung

His DNA on her bra, she said no.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 29, 2019, 08:16:34 pm by normal rules »

Not sure I agree with that.. who in their right mind would plead guilty to a sexual offence just to get a lower sentence, but still then have the conviction and all that entails, if they believed themselves innocent.??

I imagine if a lawyer said you’ll get a suspended sentence if you do this but if you plead not guilty and lose you’ll get 2 years straight away, that there would be plenty that would

The cps would not have decided to charge unless the case passed the threshold meaning there was a realistic chance of conviction. Mason would have been advised this, but for whatever reason thought he would push it as far as he could in the hope the case collapsed.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 29, 2019, 08:16:40 pm by ChrisBx »

It depends what you define as "worse". I'd argue that Mason, a convicted sex offender and an individual who poses a safeguarding issue, poses a much greater risk of harm than someone convicted of causing death by dangerous driving.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 29, 2019, 08:18:58 pm by ChrisBx »

The only account we need from Mason is his guilty plea.

The rest of his account is for the National Probation Service to deal with.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 29, 2019, 08:19:10 pm by RedJ »
Irrespective of how abhorrent we find this, he hasn’t killed anyone and there are players out there that have and carried on playing.

COYR

Marlon King a convicted rapist went on to resume his career as well.

He may well be finished at Doncaster Rovers but to suggest his career is over is a bit over the top.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on January 29, 2019, 08:20:43 pm by MachoMadness »
Literally a criminal waste of talent. Has to go. That's his career as a professional done with, and rightly so tbh.

I doubt that he will be finished altogether.
Others before him have done far worse and stayed in the game.
This is true I suppose, but I'm not sure many professional clubs will want to take a punt on him for the next 7 years while he's a registered sex offender. After that he'll be 29, but he can forget about playing any higher than L2 and earning retirement money.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on January 29, 2019, 08:21:21 pm by drfchound »

It depends what you define as "worse". I'd argue that Mason, a convicted sex offender and an individual who poses a safeguarding issue, poses a much greater risk of harm than someone convicted of causing death by dangerous driving.

Well that is a matter of opinion.
I would think that the parents of the kids who died would think differently.
Also, I seem to recall that McCormick was guilty of drink driving, driving without insurance as well as the death by dangerous driving.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on January 29, 2019, 08:24:14 pm by dickos1 »

It also states that at a party after this incident they were sat down together.
Evans got slaughtered similar to this and then a few years later he’s alright again.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 29, 2019, 08:25:49 pm by Chris Black come back »

COYR

He may well be finished at Doncaster Rovers but to suggest his career is over is a bit over the top.

I stand to be corrected but I believe Marlon King was convicted of sexual assault and causing actual bodily harm - rather than rape.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on January 29, 2019, 08:27:35 pm by Filo »

I didn’t think you could get DNA from a handprint, I thought it had to come from a tissue sample or from bodily fluid

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on January 29, 2019, 08:28:45 pm by glosterred »

I didn’t think you could get DNA from a handprint, I thought it had to come from a tissue sample or from bodily fluid

Sweat is a bodily fluid

COYR

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 29, 2019, 08:32:07 pm by karlos »
This is a serious offence, I would have thought the club would have suspended him pending the investigation. That aside as good as he is he can not remain with the club and a statement should be done as a matter of urgency.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on January 29, 2019, 08:33:24 pm by RedJ »

COYR

I stand to be corrected but I believe Marlon King was convicted of sexual assault and causing actual bodily harm - rather than rape.

On closer inspection you appear to be correct.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on January 29, 2019, 08:34:20 pm by dickos1 »
We can sack him for breach of contract but still get a fee for him.
Sunderland did this with a couple of their players

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on January 29, 2019, 08:34:45 pm by IDM »
Regardless of what happens next ar DRFC, he’s going to get ripped by opposing fans wherever he plays..

That Plymouth goalie admitted admitted his guilt, served time and was remorseful..

He gets dogs abuse still but is OK for playing..

Regardless of anyone’s opinion, Ched Evans has his conviction quashed, but is still disliked by many for getting himself into that situation..

Mason has been convicted having plead guilty.  I think he would be better serving his time and then rebuilding after his career, wherever that would be.

How the hell does the club deal with a player on a suspended sentence for a sex offence.?!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 29, 2019, 08:35:51 pm by MachoMadness »
DNA evidence isn't actually that reliable, at least it's not (always) some smoking gun like it's made out to be in the films. It doesn't mean it can't be used as part of a larger picture though, and given this offence seems to have been very public I don't think that was the only piece of evidence that got him.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 29, 2019, 08:35:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
A different crime and no custodial sentence - but in 2008 Darren Ferguson was fined for assaulting his estranged wife. He originally plead not guilty and changed his plea at last minute to accept the fine. We subsequently then employed him.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on January 29, 2019, 08:38:03 pm by IDM »
Was that a sexual assault and was he placed on the second offenders list.??

To many that makes a huge difference, and should be a massive deterrent to anyone whether they have had a drink or not.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012