Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:57:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tickets for home leg  (Read 40421 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Re: Tickets for home leg
« Reply #360 on May 11, 2019, 01:56:22 pm by Boomstick »
Boomstick, you don't half talk tripe at times, we will not get a pittance from the game at all, car parking,shop sales, bar and food sales, TV fees, advertising, programme sales, if nothing else they allow more for the turnover for fair play rules.
  Add the fact that all three other participants who are much bigger pool their cut and we will come out of it quite well I think.
  And when was the last time you got an assist from where you were sitting, or gave a player instructions that caused him to score a goal?
  Apart from that we get our share of any money distributed to  the division 1 clubs by the EFL the same as every other club.
Some people get my point and disagree, which is fair enough. But I think you've missed it completely.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #361 on May 11, 2019, 02:02:12 pm by RoversAlias »
This thread is depressing. Some people get far too worked up about a few empty seats. Or a few seats that aren't empty, as it appears!

Just look forward to the game and enjoy the fact we are in this position! Most teams are facing their first football-free weekend of the year today!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #362 on May 11, 2019, 02:07:34 pm by Campsall rover »
This thread is depressing. Some people get far too worked up about a few empty seats. Or a few seats that aren't empty, as it appears!

Just look forward to the game and enjoy the fact we are in this position! Most teams are facing their first football-free weekend of the year today!
If it’s depressing ignore it.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #363 on May 11, 2019, 02:10:12 pm by dknward2 »
If we didn't give Charlton the extra tickets then they would have bought in the home end just like our fans would have.

If you wanted a ticket people have had plenty of chance to get one

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #364 on May 11, 2019, 02:12:55 pm by drfchound »
:saywhat:
Grant mcann has said the fans make a huge difference.
Wonder how he feels about giving Charlton an advantage by giving them 800 extra seats?

He’ll probably care a lot more if one of their players gives them an advantage.

The players they have won't change, the performance they give can. Improved by more of their fans.
Really surprised you cant see the concept of marginal gains.

It's short sighted penny pinching by the club on this occasion.
( although I'll repeat, I do think they are doing an OK job on the whole)
So you would rather see empty seats then?
It doesn’t look as if this game has captured the imagination of the Doncaster public. If it had we would have sold out by Thurs tea time.
Charlton snapped up the further allocated 800 tickets in a day. They had sold 3.000 already.
Looks as though it has captured their imagination doesn’t it? Ex premier league club slumming it in League 1
Well done to the Charlton fans. You have to applaud that level of support from 185 miles away.

Charlton are a bigger club than us with a bigger fan base.
hound we know that but your missing the point. This is a league 1 play off match.
All we are asking is for 10.200 of the local population to turn up. Not 20.000+

Newport had 25% of their seats empty on Thursday while Tranmere was worse than that  with 9579 turning up in a ground with 15573 places.

I know you will say you are not bothered about Newport or Tranmere but it does put a bit of perspective on our ticket sales which retrospectively will be better than those two games.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #365 on May 11, 2019, 02:14:07 pm by RoversAlias »

Believe me, I've tried. I just think some people spend too much time obsessing over things like this when they really don't matter. It's not like the stadium is going to be empty is it, it's going to be one of our biggest attendances of the season quite comfortably.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #366 on May 11, 2019, 02:43:50 pm by Campsall rover »
It’s just frustrating that to fill the stadium we have to give almost 30% of the seats to the opposition. That should not be the case for a play off match.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #367 on May 11, 2019, 02:54:40 pm by selby »
  Paul, having a lot of supporters while you are winning a game is great, our job and the teams is to make their strength a weakness.
  Having a large number on your back, leaving the ground early, audibly frustrated can be an absolute nightmare.
  Being an ex Leeds supporter you should know that.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #368 on May 11, 2019, 03:16:06 pm by Donnywolf »

Believe me, I've tried. I just think some people spend too much time obsessing over things like this when they really don't matter. It's not like the stadium is going to be empty is it, it's going to be one of our biggest attendances of the season quite comfortably.

We maybe should have one dedicated Thread for Attendances and then stick every post about it on there

In that way it would be easy to "ignore" it - and it should stop multiple threads about the same thing !
Would suggest a Question and answer type layout as people always ask the same types of question even when they have been answered already and it would save some people time looking through for the answers.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 04:52:51 pm by Donnywolf »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #369 on May 11, 2019, 03:39:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I reckon there's fewer than 800 tickets left now in the main areas with another 460 in the family sections.

To all intents and purposes, it'll be a sell out.

Just to make some bleeding noise now.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #370 on May 11, 2019, 04:56:25 pm by Campsall rover »
I reckon there's fewer than 800 tickets left now in the main areas with another 460 in the family sections.

To all intents and purposes, it'll be a sell out.

Just to make some bleeding noise now.
Exactly that’s what we must do, we don’t want to hear Charlton sing and they will sing.
3 early goals might quiet them down though.  :woohoo:
Yes the place needs to be a cauldron tomorrow. Intimidating as possible to the opponents.
I mean Charlton, not us.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 06:19:33 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #371 on May 11, 2019, 05:06:34 pm by Campsall rover »
  Paul, having a lot of supporters while you are winning a game is great, our job and the teams is to make their strength a weakness.
  Having a large number on your back, leaving the ground early, audibly frustrated can be an absolute nightmare.
  Being an ex Leeds supporter you should know that.
I not sure about the analogy to Leeds Brian.
We need to take the lead and then take probably at least a 2 goal advantage to the away leg to quieten those Londoners up.
Before you jump on me i think we may not need a 2 goal lead to win overall.
Got a feeling we are going to produce a magnificent performance at the Valley.
In fact I know they will because it’s my birthday and they won’t let me down.  :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 05:09:07 pm by Campsall rover »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #372 on May 11, 2019, 05:14:17 pm by Donnywolf »
Hope they dont get you "loads of Cards"

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #373 on May 11, 2019, 05:31:53 pm by Campsall rover »
Hope they dont get you "loads of Cards"
2 red ones please Wolf for the team playing in red at the Valley. That will do nicely thankyou.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 05:36:36 pm by Campsall rover »

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #374 on May 11, 2019, 07:37:02 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Plenty of empty seats in Sunderland, looks as though there was more for the league game against us

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #375 on May 11, 2019, 07:42:46 pm by besty »
We are worried about a few empty seats,look at the massive Sunderland empty seats everywhere

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #376 on May 11, 2019, 08:01:33 pm by drfchound »
A question for the people who were grumbling that we might not get a sell out.
If the ground only held say, 12500 to 13000, would you be happy if it was a sell out with that many people in?
If the answer is yes then you should be happy anyway because that is what we are likely to have there.

Even Villa v WBA  didn’t sell out and that is a massive local derby match.
Derby v Leeds also not a sell out.

It really isn’t a big issue.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #377 on May 11, 2019, 08:06:53 pm by Copps is Magic »
I remember when the original design for the Keepmoat was for only just over 10,000 seats! There was a public event at the earl of Doncaster where my old man made a (hot under the collar) comment that 10k wouldn't be enough for the future. So he likes to think he played his own small part in that decision, the old dear.

In reality, I think Andy Liney was the/a major advocate at that stage that 10k wouldn't be enough.

edit: it might have 12,000 thinking back. In any case, lower than what it ended up.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:10:01 pm by Copps is Magic »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #378 on May 11, 2019, 08:09:09 pm by drfchound »
Villa vs WBA was a sell-out before general sale mate. Second leg at the Hawthorns is also sold-out already.

The official ground capacity shows about 1800 more than the attendance shown on the bbc sport website.
I went from that.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #379 on May 11, 2019, 08:23:44 pm by rich1471 »
Don't ever understand why people get fixated with attendances, bet Salford did not care playing in front of just over 8k today at Wembley  and winning promotion to the league for the first time

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #380 on May 11, 2019, 08:32:54 pm by drfchound »
Don't ever understand why people get fixated with attendances, bet Salford did not care playing in front of just over 8k today at Wembley  and winning promotion to the league for the first time

That is why I am trying to highlight to some posters that most of the play off matches won’t sell out.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #381 on May 11, 2019, 08:34:11 pm by Pancho Regan »
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk

Well there you are this answers the question. So Charlton will have over 4000 fans there and we will have 9500 at most.

Have the club shot themselves in the foot with this?

Yes it's definitely money in the bank but we know how much noise that many fans can make in the away end.

For such an important game some clever tactics are needed and I think that this is where our club comes up short and shows its nievity at times.

We need every bit of advantage we can get. Look at Sunderland who have only given Portsmouth 2000.thats less than for a league game.

Even if we didn't sell out, so what... Its our ground and up to us to manage the support behined the team.

To be honest, abit more patience and I think we would have sold out the ground meaning it would have been over 10k fans to support rovers and more support to the team.

It's time like this when I wonder when are we going to learn, its also times like this when having JR there I'm sure he would have said not to do it

Look at it on the flip side.

With nearly 4k away fans there's a greater chance that there'll be a few cockroaches amongst them who'll shout abuse/slag off their own players (every club has 'fans' like that). If they've got a few sensitive players, it might affect their performance.

The fans won't get at their own players...it's a sort of unspoken rule this season out of respect for Bowyer and what he's trying to achieve.....plus every player will give their all for the team.  If we go one down there will be no negative reaction, you'll find us very disciplined and patient.

Sorry, did I just read ‘Bowyer’ and ‘respect’ in the same sentence?

I need to back off the red wine......

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #382 on May 11, 2019, 08:41:52 pm by Pancho Regan »

Wow that’s a poor attendance for that fixture.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #383 on May 11, 2019, 09:01:44 pm by RoversAlias »
It shouldn't be at Wembley, two non-league sides coming from the north west, it's not too surprising really.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #384 on May 11, 2019, 09:24:42 pm by drfchound »
Only 26610 At Sunderland.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #385 on May 11, 2019, 10:16:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
That's surprising. Maybe the full price issue and scheduling is having more of an adverse effect than we thought.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #386 on May 12, 2019, 12:06:28 am by RoversAlias »
It's a terrible effort. Tonight was their lowest attendance of the season in the league. What's that all about?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #387 on May 12, 2019, 07:27:23 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just read some fans thoughts Pre match and they say it's due to the disappointment of not achieving automatic, coupled with St holders having to pay full price. There's also alot of uncertainty about their future and finances with their owner appealing for new investment.

There's a feeling amongst their fans that they've blown their chance of getting straight back up.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #388 on May 12, 2019, 09:35:31 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I can see there being a few walk ups today with the weather good. Wouldn't be surprised to see a fair queue at the ticket office come 12..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #389 on May 12, 2019, 09:48:48 am by IDM »
We’re going early as my postal tickets didn’t arrive in time..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012