Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:43:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whos going to be Moore's first signing  (Read 35281 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Whos going to be Moore's first signing
« Reply #30 on July 19, 2019, 04:09:23 pm by Alan Southstand »
With that little bit of info, SM, does that mean any new incomings are going to take longer than planned?
If so, we’re cutting it a bit fine, imho of course.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 19, 2019, 04:20:53 pm by IDM »
But also plenty may be going on behind the scenes right now, to get his players in ASAP.?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 19, 2019, 04:26:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
Middleton was going to be a loan player on the list. SM you said before the list had permanent and loans have all players on list been discarded.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 19, 2019, 04:27:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
With Middleton, he was reported as being a winger. Now I haven't got a clue what type of player he is whether he's a winger with nobs on and scores goals etc. What I do know is Matty Blair is one of the best wingers in this league and deserves to have a full season in his best position.

With that in mind, I'm not too bothered about Middleton.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 19, 2019, 04:47:13 pm by Donnybax »
There is absolutely no way Matty Blair is one of the best wingers in this division

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 19, 2019, 04:53:19 pm by scawsby steve »
One thing's for certain, we're going to need at least 4 more signings, and possibly more. I agree with everyone who's said that the result against Halifax was irrelevant. What is slightly concerning however, is the DFP report on the game suggesting that we really struggled against a team that looked a lot better than us.

I trust in DM, but the bloke's really got his work cut out with the squad he's inherited.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:56:22 pm by scawsby steve »

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 19, 2019, 05:19:41 pm by Retdon1 »
With Middleton, he was reported as being a winger. Now I haven't got a clue what type of player he is whether he's a winger with nobs on and scores goals etc. What I do know is Matty Blair is one of the best wingers in this league and deserves to have a full season in his best position.

With that in mind, I'm not too bothered about Middleton.

Matty Blair is no where near one of the best wide players in league 1. Wide players like Mcgeady, Maddison and Lowe are a totally different level to Blair. A handy utility play to have as he covers a few positions

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 19, 2019, 06:04:12 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, I grant you that certainly McGeedy is a better class but should he be playing higher than league One?

Matty keeps it simple, more often than not gets past his man and puts good crosses in. Scores occasionally. Apart from a few more goals (which he is capable of when in his natural position) what more do you want?

Anyway, just my opinion.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 19, 2019, 06:07:24 pm by Retdon1 »
Well, I grant you that certainly McGeedy is a better class but should he be playing higher than league One?

Matty keeps it simple, more often than not gets past his man and puts good crosses in. Scores occasionally. Apart from a few more goals (which he is capable of when in his natural position) what more do you want?

Anyway, just my opinion.

If he is playing in a forward position then for a top 6 side, I want double figures for goals and assists. Blair is not capable of reaching those figures. Like I said, he’s a handy squad player but we need much better quality if we’re hoping to challenge for promotion

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 19, 2019, 06:22:02 pm by silent majority »
My understanding is that DM isn't that keen. He has a long, long, long list that he feels would be better for us.

SM - a little while back, possibly when interviews began, you said something along the lines of "I'd be shocked if the new manager didn't want any of the players lined up". That suggested to me that we had some top drawer players lined up. Do you still think that - are you shocked? - or do you think that now Moore can do even better?

He's signed one of those lined up hasn't he? I'm surprised he hasn't gone for Middleton, but as I've said previously, he has a very long list and he believes he can do better. So, all options are now on the table. Some of this is still fluid, as it always is, depending on outgoings etc.

But, the positive to take out of this, is that DM says he can do better and wants to take his time to show that he can. He's one determined cookie, and that's good for all of us.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 19, 2019, 06:23:36 pm by silent majority »
With that little bit of info, SM, does that mean any new incomings are going to take longer than planned?
If so, we’re cutting it a bit fine, imho of course.

I would say so.

But you may think he's cutting it fine, he certainly doesn't.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 19, 2019, 06:47:22 pm by dickos1 »
He’s not cutting it fine if he’s only looking at bringing one maybe two in.
But like the majority I feel we could do with 4 or 5 players and this being the case it’s going to be hard to integrate them into the side with only a week or so to go

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 19, 2019, 07:05:17 pm by since-1969 »
McCann was keeping his squad numbers down to 18 plus loans . So what’s changed ? the available budget won’t have ! With Marquis running down his contract , it would be hard to see a signing coming in when he hasn’t moved  on . A quality loan is more likely and it would help if the club spoke about its intentions as I'm sure they are still playing catch up where a second to DM is concerned.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 19, 2019, 07:25:57 pm by Retdon1 »
He’s not cutting it fine if he’s only looking at bringing one maybe two in.
But like the majority I feel we could do with 4 or 5 players and this being the case it’s going to be hard to integrate them into the side with only a week or so to
My understanding is that DM isn't that keen. He has a long, long, long list that he feels would be better for us.

SM - a little while back, possibly when interviews began, you said something along the lines of "I'd be shocked if the new manager didn't want any of the players lined up". That suggested to me that we had some top drawer players lined up. Do you still think that - are you shocked? - or do you think that now Moore can do even better?

He's signed one of those lined up hasn't he? I'm surprised he hasn't gone for Middleton, but as I've said previously, he has a very long list and he believes he can do better. So, all options are now on the table. Some of this is still fluid, as it always is, depending on outgoings etc.

But, the positive to take out of this, is that DM says he can do better and wants to take his time to show that he can. He's one determined cookie, and that's good for all of us.

If like a new previous poster said, nothing wrong with taking his time if we only need 1 or 2 players but we currently only have 14/15 first team players. This includes the likes of May (who many don’t think is good enough) and Gomez and Jones (unproven).  To challenge for the top 6 we need another 4/5 good quality players. The season starts in 2 weeks. I agree that you don’t want to just be signing players for the sake of it but DM really needs to get cracking on with bringing players in. It’s hard to expect a team to start to gel in a week.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 19, 2019, 07:28:24 pm by Retdon1 »

Have u heard if there’s been any proper enquires for Marquis and Whiteman yet.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 19, 2019, 07:42:53 pm by IDM »
McCann was keeping his squad numbers down to 18 plus loans . So what’s changed ? the available budget won’t have ! With Marquis running down his contract , it would be hard to see a signing coming in when he hasn’t moved  on . A quality loan is more likely and it would help if the club spoke about its intentions as I'm sure they are still playing catch up where a second to DM is concerned.

Please tell me where you are getting your info on our budget.?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 19, 2019, 07:44:11 pm by Draytonian III »
McGeedy is happy being a big fish in a small pond

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 19, 2019, 07:51:47 pm by silent majority »
I posted earlier about DM not pursuing the Middleton signing. That was in response to the speculation and felt I could offer something to the debate, and certainly the positive thoights of our new manager. It doesn't surprise  me that certain posters will still find the negative in that.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 19, 2019, 08:07:27 pm by since-1969 »

The budget will not have changed only its priorities . Remember some of the budget has already  been used on the two fullbacks and the loan.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 19, 2019, 08:18:04 pm by jackthelad »
Shocked that Moore isn't interested in Middleton but if he thinks that there is better available out there then he has my backing.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 19, 2019, 09:29:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I won't believe it till I'm sitting in it.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 19, 2019, 10:01:12 pm by Copps is Magic »
It's all right having a big long list of players, but I agree with others that we do need some quite substantial new blood at the club and for them to have a few kick abouts on the park before the season starts (i.e next week)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 19, 2019, 10:52:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

The budget will not have changed only its priorities . Remember some of the budget has already  been used on the two fullbacks and the loan.

You're such a wise owl. We're doomed and it's all the boards fault isn't it!? When there's sunshine, there's always a cloud on the horizon!

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 19, 2019, 11:38:02 pm by no eyed deer »
Donny  Baz.. what do you think the future holds Sherlock ??

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 20, 2019, 12:44:15 am by IDM »
It's all right having a big long list of players, but I agree with others that we do need some quite substantial new blood at the club and for them to have a few kick abouts on the park before the season starts (i.e next week)

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is at least one behind closed doors practice match in the week leading up to the Gillingham game..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 20, 2019, 01:22:50 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

To be honest, I don't really give a shit.

All I do is think about the away game at Drill Field, Northwich Victoria, when we got beat 2-1 to realise how we are now compared to then.

I'm easily pleased but don't suffer with blind faith. It's about time you realised our football club is a good football club.

Veiled criticism is just a waste of time and energy especially when your negative assumptions are based on pure guesswork and the misguided belief that things were always better in the past.

I choose to be positive, you choose to be negative.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 20, 2019, 09:51:31 am by Alan Southstand »
Someone on twitter posting that Middleton was at Cantley Park yesterday!

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 20, 2019, 09:52:11 am by no eyed deer »

To be honest, I don't really give a shit.

All I do is think about the away game at Drill Field, Northwich Victoria, when we got beat 2-1 to realise how we are now compared to then.

I'm easily pleased but don't suffer with blind faith. It's about time you realised our football club is a good football club.

Veiled criticism is just a waste of time and energy especially when your negative assumptions are based on pure guesswork and the misguided belief that things were always better in the past.

I choose to be positive, you choose to be negative.

I was at the same game and enjoyed the conference days.

Not all see through your tinted glasses and if I didn't like the club I wouldn't go week in week out. For me it's more about enjoying the game than winning.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 20, 2019, 10:17:54 am by NickDRFC »
I think we are in a good place generally as a club - we have a good board and what looks like a good managerial appointment. We’ve been in much darker places, as Baz has mentioned, but when the board are talking publicly about ambitions of Championship football and giving it a good go when we are there then it’s only natural that fans are going to share that ambition and be more forward looking than backward looking.

I don’t think there’s any point criticising recruitment or the board right now but it’s understandable that people are getting a bit twitchy. The positive consensus has been “don’t panic, plenty of time left yet” all summer but there are now only 2 weeks until the window shuts and to have a genuine tilt at promotion we are probably at least 3 or 4 players short of where we need to be. We can and hopefully will get players in but it’s still probably going to be a nervous couple of weeks.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 20, 2019, 10:31:27 am by steve@dcfd »
The window for league 1 and 2 does not shut till end of August. Although we need players before then if we are going to aim for promotion.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012